PHILIPPE COUTINHO - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Stu the Red » Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:23 pm

RedAnt » Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:26 pm wrote:Stu, I've been involved in the game. Could give you my full CV I felt inclined. But it's no ones buisness but my own. You on the other hand feel the need to express yourself as some enigmatic oracle of the game. Often you speak sense. Often you don't. Your opinions are yours and that's fine. I have often agreed on your opinion.

What I can't understand is your motivations. At first, like we all do, you step off topic in order to make a wider viewing point. Most posters will say why they've wandered from the topic and will eventually cycle around back to it. But you take a step away, then another, and another, others respond to you on these matters, and we end up talking about Chelsea players and Brazil players, and who's better, and how we should have that guy instead of the one the thread is about.

I mention Champ Man, and you think my whole point is about it, going on to tell us what part it plays in the real game. Well most of us already know. Heck, Harry Redknapp based his entire Hammers squad on CM scouting.

What I'm trying to understand is why you focus on so much pointless stuff? It's typical of the Internet age. We can discuss so much more in so many ways with all the data we need at the tips of our fingers.

Just...why? Who gives a fook about Oscar, or Chelski, or Brazil?

Coutinho is brazillian. So's Oscar. On Footie Manager the AI would likely pick Oscar over PC every time. It's programmed that way. It's all maths and probabilities. In the real world it's different. Oscar might have a bad case of the squirts and deemed too risky to national pride to run out in front of the world. So they might give PC a go instead. Stranger things have happened in the crazy game.

All that aside, I'd rather be Liverpool, with PC, currently fourth and hopefully climbing, than be Chelsea, and Oscar.

The world has gone mad with political correctness. I hate Chelski. F*cking hate them with their twattish manager and lets not forget Torres. I hate Oscar too cos he's one of 'em.

Simple really. PC is a Liverpool player and is by default awesome to da max. The other guys a chavvy w*nker and is cr*p by default. Dun' care how good a footballer he is. It's nothing to do with us.

That has to be one of the weirdest posts I've ever read ???
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby devaney » Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:48 pm

Nah Stu - go back and read a few of your own  :laugh:

Don't see the problem with comparisons. It is a football discussion forum when all said and done.........
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby RedAnt » Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:36 pm

Why is my post weird, Stu?
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby Stu the Red » Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:46 pm

devaney » Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:48 pm wrote:Nah Stu - go back and read a few of your own  :laugh:

Don't see the problem with comparisons. It is a football discussion forum when all said and done.........

See I was thinking this before and I'm starting to think about it differently. It isn't a football forum.

Its a Liverpool FC forum.

Trying to be objective and talking football on here is impossible due to the emotional state of people on here. If you want to bum f*ck our players and tell everyone how good they are then you're generally accepted, if however you dare to voice an opinion different to the "collective" then you're jumped upon by a load of idiots who wouldn't know their ar*e from their elbow.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby devaney » Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:52 pm

Suggesting most forum members don't know their ***** from their elbow is not very endearing now is it  :laugh:
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Stu the Red » Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:56 pm

devaney » Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:52 pm wrote:Suggesting most forum members don't know their ***** from their elbow is not very endearing now is it  :laugh:

Not bothered "weather" (fu*kin horrible day :( ) its endearing or not. Lets face it, you're one of the more clued up members on here and I'm not if even you understand the difference in a toey and putting your laces through it! :D
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby RedAnt » Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:15 pm

There's constructive criticism and healthy debate, and then there's repetitive negativity that leads nowhere. But now I'm confused too. I always approach topics in this section with a "current affairs" attitude.

I'm my opinion, other affairs should be discussed in wider themes, such as a topic that discusses the skills and shortcomings of a wider array of players, and there the chat can go anywhere. That's fun. Open ended debate. And again, personally, I'd be reluctant to talk of wider ranging issues, such as the talk of contracts and wages and summer signings and replacements in a narrow field such as "Martin Skrtel".

Can't we reserve this kind of thread for more direct and current subject matter? I honestly think this could be the reason I don't get where you're coming from, Stu. But then maybe it's just me. I'm not sure it is though :/

Anyway... Back on topic. Anyone else think Skrtel would suit a Mohican?
RedAnt

Postby RedAnt » Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:19 pm

Soz rocks, thought I was posting in Skrtel's thread
RedAnt

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:44 pm

Stu the Red » Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:46 pm wrote:
devaney » Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:48 pm wrote:Nah Stu - go back and read a few of your own  :laugh:

See I was thinking this before and I'm starting to think about it differently. It isn't a football forum.

Its a Liverpool FC forum.

Trying to be objective and talking football on here is impossible due to the emotional state of people on here. If you want to bum f*ck our players and tell everyone how good they are then you're generally accepted, if however you dare to voice an opinion different to the "collective" then you're jumped upon by a load of idiots who wouldn't know their ar*e from their elbow.

Ironic post of the year goes to..

You do realise you are the MOST emotional and subjective poster on here. You speak about being jumped on, are you kidding me? You shoot down each and every person who dares to air a disagreement with you. Standard come backs include "any fan with an ounce of knowledge".

You are easily the most antagonistic poster this forum has ever seen.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:12 pm

SouthCoastShankly » Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:44 pm wrote:You are easily the most antagonistic poster this forum has ever seen.

:wwww , are you sure ?  I feel a "poll" coming on .   :D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Stu the Red » Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:05 pm

SouthCoastShankly » Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:44 pm wrote:Ironic post of the year goes to..

You do realise you are the MOST emotional and subjective poster on here. You speak about being jumped on, are you kidding me? You shoot down each and every person who dares to air a disagreement with you. Standard come backs include "any fan with an ounce of knowledge".

:laugh:

I would much rather be antagonistic than whatever the f*ck you are meant to be.

You come across as a spineless, sit on the fence type sheep. Something I have absolutely zero respect for... add that to a complete lack of personality and humour and that's probably why you feel the need to respond to just about every post I make with some attempt at a derogatory comment.

:)
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:07 pm

come on lads, lets enjoy the fact we won today, eh?
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:26 pm

Stu the Red » Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:05 pm wrote:
SouthCoastShankly » Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:44 pm wrote:Ironic post of the year goes to..

:laugh:

I would much rather be antagonistic than whatever the f*ck you are meant to be.

You come across as a spineless, sit on the fence type sheep. Something I have absolutely zero respect for... add that to a complete lack of personality and humour and that's probably why you feel the need to respond to just about every post I make with some attempt at a derogatory comment.

:)

Will you two please get a room  :laugh: And on that performance Stu I'd be amazed if PC doesn't to Brazil. What a player. What a fkg goal.
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:37 pm

Do you people not realize that PC shot had a massive deflection? Good game but not great. But Gerrard (again), on the other hand...
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:37 am

Whoever doesnt think Coutinho is fantastic should fu'ck off and support gollum and his gang of fu'cked up Fu*king fu'ckers!
:nod
Thommo's perm

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion