PHILIPPE COUTINHO - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby maguskwt » Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:26 pm

Whatever the case is, I prefer continho to play centrally. That means we need a wide player. That was supposed to be William. And then we need a better DM than lucas. If we can strengthen those 2 areas I think BR can do wonders...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:01 pm

He's not been playing well and seems very frustrated on the pitch. Hopefully he gets a few goals and the smile comes back on his face.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby Red Focus » Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:31 am

I've said before and I'll say it again. Right now he's only a world class player in the making. He still hasn't reached his full potentials yet. We just need him to give him time to mature and perfect his game. His attempts at goal at the moment are quite pitiful but I'm sure it will improve with time.
Red Focus
LFC Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:11 am

absolutely ran amok today and was pinging the ball everywhere.
going to have a few slow games here and there but today he was all over it, the speed at which he turns the game on its head is impressive. great vision and used the space very well today.
a very very intelligent player he is  :nod
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:06 am

Ozil who?
maypaxvobiscum

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:28 am

red till i die!! » Sat Feb 08, 2014 11:11 pm wrote:absolutely ran amok today and was pinging the ball everywhere.
going to have a few slow games here and there but today he was all over it, the speed at which he turns the game on its head is impressive. great vision and used the space very well today.

The dribble and ball through to Henderson towards the end of the second half was world class. Shame it didn't fall to a more attacking player. Henderson's chip smacked of tiredness, he did put it in all game though.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:45 am

SouthCoastShankly » Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:28 am wrote:
red till i die!! » Sat Feb 08, 2014 11:11 pm wrote:absolutely ran amok today and was pinging the ball everywhere.

The dribble and ball through to Henderson towards the end of the second half was world class. Shame it didn't fall to a more attacking player. Henderson's chip smacked of tiredness, he did put it in all game though.

That was fantastic. He made space for himself by getting rid of a few players with a few touches and then made a pinpoint accurate 40 yard pass. Can someone find a gif from that?
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Stu the Red » Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:00 pm

The lad is like Alonso at times with his vision, he see's almost everything. Quality player. When he adds goals to his game he'll elevate himself onto a new level. Love the way he plays the game.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:34 pm

Stu the Red » Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:00 pm wrote:The lad is like Alonso at times with his vision, he see's almost everything. Quality player. When he adds goals to his game he'll elevate himself onto a new level. Love the way he plays the game.

:nod
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stu the Red » Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:11 pm

SouthCoastShankly » Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:28 am wrote:

The run and pass was absolutely top class. However, the ball for Sturridge's goal? WHAT A PASS! Too see the ball was good vision, however the weight of the pass was marvellous, the ball actually stopped in Sturridge's path, to execute that ball over that kind of distance was fantastic.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Feb 09, 2014 5:03 pm

Coutinho  crafted two of the most delightful  passes I have seen this season ,and his close control of a football is exceptional ...For me personally he's
one of the most gifted players albeit from  Suarez that I have ever seen at this club. Coutinho's the type of player we usually only get to see plying his
trade for a Barcelona or Real Madrid such is his undoubted class,and yet we find ourselves privileged to watch a player of his ilk in a Liverpool jersey.

I haven't seen any player as graceful or as inventive as Coutinho since Pablo Aimar ,the lad sees a pass and picks it out so precisely even his team mate s
are sometimes awe struck at his genius.

In time he will command the sort of transfer fee that's mentioned in relation to Luis  .....Thank you Mr Moratti for your distinct lack of ambition.

:buttrock
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedAnt » Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:24 pm

What to say about this lad? I don't remember seeing a player with such speed of mind, feet and vision. Even when there's no gap to pass through, he does it. That's not even possible! One of my favorite parts to his game is his spirit. Ain't afraid of much, is he? And for a more cultured type of player, his lithe frame hides a feisty strength that has probably helped him settle more than anything. I tend to believe players of his nature are very loyal too.

A true gem. Just needs some more polishing.
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby leeroy74 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:52 pm

you could see Sturridge telling him how good that pass was for his goal when they celebrated.
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby stmichael » Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:21 pm

Immense the other day. MOTM for me. Has found his best position now. Looks far better playing in the middle in a 3 than he does as part of a front 3 or as one of the 3 behind a striker in a 4-2-3-1.

He also won more tackles than any other Liverpool player against Arsenal (12). He love getting stuck in aswell as having sublime vision. The ball for Sturridge's goal and the piece of skill to put Henderson away in the 2nd half were just pure sex.

Made an absolute mug of Wilshere and the £42m Ozil. £8m this kid cost. Inter were absolute mugs to let him go.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:49 pm

lucky for us though that they did  :buttrock 
for the fee paid we have got a hell of a player with so much room to develop  :bowdown
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion