Our club, our shirt - Protest kit

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby metalhead » Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:40 pm

aCe' wrote:Sorry but i have to agree with Andy on this one... The Standard Chartered deal is a huge one for the club for many reasons and to a large extent will benefit the club in terms of merchandise sales and Asian sponsorship deal over the next few years... With or without the owners, this deal to me represents a big step forward for the club... The club is already up for sale and standard chartered knew that before signing on anything...
If they pull out of this deal as a result of this protest shirt thing then i doubt anyone else would be willing to offer the club a sponsorship deal anywhere near as good as this one...

I'm not against the protesting (although i have to say i see very little point in doing it with the club already being up for sale) but going as far as mocking the sponsors will probably not only cost us this great sponsorship deal, but also some potential buyers and might eventually lead to us being in deeper financial trouble than we already are... Not that SOS or the great folk over on RAWK really care about any of that or anything though... Get the owners out at any expense... isnt it ?!

This..

This should be a protest on the owners not the sponsors.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:17 pm

Big Fat (see below) to anyone who thinks this shirt is a bad idea

:no
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:27 pm

Scottbot wrote:Big Fat (see below) to anyone who thinks this shirt is a bad idea

maybe not as a concept but surely the execution is p.iss poor !
Why even bring in the sponsors as part of this ?
What next ? Stone the fans who go to the match and buy club merchandise ?!   :Oo:
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:17 pm

Scottbot wrote:Big Fat (see below) to anyone who thinks this shirt is a bad idea

depends what you mean, scott. a protest shirt is a good idea. but in my opinion, a protest shirt which gives the impression that we also have a beef with the sponsors isn't the best way to go about it.

personally i am against this shirt, if there was a better thought out design that left no doubt that it is those two c**ts and their spawn that we have an issue with then i'd be all over it.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby fivecups » Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:18 pm

aCe' wrote:

maybe not as a concept but surely the execution is p.iss poor !
Why even bring in the sponsors as part of this ?
What next ? Stone the fans who go to the match and buy club merchandise ?!   :Oo:

With Ace on this one - which is somewhat unusual  :D .

Love the idea, quite fancy a shirt myself except that the message is unclear - to anyone not in the know it looks like Standard Chartered are being targeted which makes no sense.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby J*o*n*D*o*e » Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:06 pm

not to worry there are plenty of people, well the fact the first two orders are sold out says alot more people disagree with you.

anyway im sure your all putting together a plan of your own so when your ready.
ImageImage
J*o*n*D*o*e

Postby fivecups » Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:39 pm

J*o*n*D*o*e wrote:not to worry there are plenty of people, well the fact the first two orders are sold out says alot more people disagree with you.

No need for your snidey b'*ll*c*ks John Doe, we all support SOS and the other moves to get the owners out, we just don't think appearing to target Standard Chartered is the way to acheive that.
Last edited by fivecups on Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:54 pm

I have read both sides of this argument and personally speaking ...  I like the shirts and have one on order ......and seen as the current hierarchy procured the deal with Standard Chartered I have no such qualms about them  feeling slightly disconcerted over our resolute stance against all things initiated by the Owners or indeed their resident stooges..... and if the protest produces mass coverage in the media regardless of how people misinterpret its intentions or for that matter who its aimed at then I would consider it a roaring success

Liverpool is a team that will never be short of massive  brands clambering to put their name on our shirts ... sponsors come and go and sometimes there are  casualties in a battle in order to win the war .....I already know a lot of lads (regular season ticket holders  )  who have ordered them and are ready to wear them this season so the rebellion causing so much unrest is about to come to fruition ...... ......
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:03 pm

fivecups wrote:
J*o*n*D*o*e wrote:not to worry there are plenty of people, well the fact the first two orders are sold out says alot more people disagree with you.

No need for your snidey b'*ll*c*ks John Doe, we all support SOS and the other moves to get the owners out, we just don't think appearing to target Standard Chartered is the way to acheive that.

Honestly, who gives a f*ck about the sponsors anyway? You'd have to be seriously miseducated on the whole thing to see it as a dig at the sponsors. Anyone who's been reading the back of any newpaper would gather that much, none Liverpool supporters and the like.

Seriously, this forum is full of narky b@stards these days that do nothing but slander any attempt by fellow reds to make any kind of audible, visual effort in getting rid of the main problem at this club. No, instead, let's still berate our previous manager like he was the sole cancer infecting us. He put us in this mess. F*ck off the lot of ye. Unless you're will to put some time and effort into actually doing something to get rid of the Yanks, don't f*cking open your gobs to critisise any concerted efforts by others to do so. This place is turning into TLW, and trust me, that's not a compliment.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:26 pm

and its exactly these kind of hysterical responses that cause the trouble. people here who are objecting to the design of this shirt are doing so in a calm manner, carefully explaining their reasons and avoiding any kind of slagging of the honourable efforts of those who made it. then in wades someone who's got his knickers in a twist again and starts having a pop at people as if we're in the school playground and we're unable to use more than 2 braincells at a time.

and can we drop the assumption that those that question the design of this shirt are sitting on their ar'ses waiting for things to happen? too f*cking simplistic in the extreme.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:34 pm

No wonder those two scumbags are still in charge when our fans are spending their energy burning American flags and on moronic projects like this.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:36 pm

andy_g wrote:and can we drop the assumption that those that question the design of this shirt are sitting on their ar'ses waiting for things to happen? too f*cking simplistic in the extreme.

Or one that seems to have reared its ugly head, uneducated.

If you don't agree, your dumb. Childish.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby fivecups » Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:02 pm

Emerald Red wrote:Honestly, who gives a f*ck about the sponsors anyway? You'd have to be seriously miseducated on the whole thing to see it as a dig at the sponsors. Anyone who's been reading the back of any newpaper would gather that much, none Liverpool supporters and the like.

Seriously, this forum is full of narky b@stards these days that do nothing but slander any attempt by fellow reds to make any kind of audible, visual effort in getting rid of the main problem at this club. No, instead, let's still berate our previous manager like he was the sole cancer infecting us. He put us in this mess. F*ck off the lot of ye. Unless you're will to put some time and effort into actually doing something to get rid of the Yanks, don't f*cking open your gobs to critisise any concerted efforts by others to do so. This place is turning into TLW, and trust me, that's not a compliment.

What the f'uck are you talking about ER? RBG posts and makes his point, fair enough, it's his opinion and maybe I'm wrong,we'll see. But I'm not going to change my mind just because you fancy a bit of a rant? F'uck that. You go on to Bav's thread and moan about how unhappy you are, then you come on hear and hurl a bit of abuse and you call me narky? Wise the f'uck up! And why are you bringing up Rafa for, when the hell have I ever berated him? And another thing - I'm waiting for the CU scheme to open up and I'll happily add my 500 quid to the shared ownership scheme; ok, you've designed some graphics - fair play to you. I do support the SOS as they are doing something.

You seriously think the majority of people seeing the supporters shirts won't think it's directly targeting the sponsors? Of course they will, the vast majority of global football fans, pundits, the media and the rest of the world ARE mis-educated.

Good idea, unclear message.
Last edited by fivecups on Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Sat Jul 17, 2010 12:49 am

I think a few of you are a little over-sensitive about how our sponsors might view the shirt. To be honest I think it could actually prove to be a bit of a bonus if it pis....ses them off a touch in the process. A bit of pressure or a few words in the right ear from Standard Chartered might just help things along. That seems a bit lost on some of you? The shirt by itself gives you a bit of media coverage but that is about it. Do you honestly think the sponsors are gonna simply pull the plug on the whole deal because of a few shirts? really can't see it myself. and let's say they do kick up a bit of a fuss, it'll grab some PROPER headlines, could drive the price down a touch, and perhaps we'll have some new owners in a little sooner.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:34 am

Scottbot wrote:I think a few of you are a little over-sensitive about how our sponsors might view the shirt. To be honest I think it could actually prove to be a bit of a bonus if it pis....ses them off a touch in the process. A bit of pressure or a few words in the right ear from Standard Chartered might just help things along. That seems a bit lost on some of you? The shirt by itself gives you a bit of media coverage but that is about it. Do you honestly think the sponsors are gonna simply pull the plug on the whole deal because of a few shirts? really can't see it myself. and let's say they do kick up a bit of a fuss, it'll grab some PROPER headlines, could drive the price down a touch, and perhaps we'll have some new owners in a little sooner.

THIS
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion