Our club, our shirt - Protest kit

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Emerald Red » Sat Jun 26, 2010 8:15 pm

Suprised that no one has mentioned this on this forum yet. There's fairly big projects going on over on RAWK, with this being one of them. Not just an idea, or a pipe dream either. This is a reality and these shirts will be available at the start of next month. So, what do you make of it? The Mancs have their "Norwich" sarves. We have our own kit as a sign of protest. Boycott the new official one, and get one of these instead if you want to make it clear that you want the Yanks out.

Just a detail that can't be seen in this design image is that there is a Liverbird watermarked on the back of the shirt.
Last edited by Emerald Red on Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rush Job » Sat Jun 26, 2010 8:33 pm

Its the sh!t eh.
Dont judge a book by the cover, unless you cover just another, because blind exceptance is a sign,
Of stupid fools who stand in line......  Like..
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby fivecups » Sat Jun 26, 2010 8:34 pm

I have seen a bit of this on RAWK ER. I like the idea of having a supporters kit but I'm not convinced that targeting sponsors is the best way forward. I'd prefer to see specific targeting of:

1. The owners.

2. RBS who have the ability to call in the loans, and after all are largely owned by us.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rush Job » Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:26 pm

fivecups wrote:I have seen a bit of this on RAWK ER. I like the idea of having a supporters kit but I'm not convinced that targeting sponsors is the best way forward. I'd prefer to see specific targeting of:

1. The owners.

2. RBS who have the ability to call in the loans, and after all are largely owned by us.

I think its more about our standards being corrupted rather than using that (standards corrupted) as us having a dig at the sponsors.
Atleast thats the way Im reading it.
Dont judge a book by the cover, unless you cover just another, because blind exceptance is a sign,
Of stupid fools who stand in line......  Like..
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby boodiddy1 » Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:52 pm

Rush Job wrote:
fivecups wrote:I have seen a bit of this on RAWK ER. I like the idea of having a supporters kit but I'm not convinced that targeting sponsors is the best way forward. I'd prefer to see specific targeting of:

1. The owners.

I think its more about our standards being corrupted rather than using that (standards corrupted) as us having a dig at the sponsors.
Atleast thats the way Im reading it.

Your right Rush, but you know that a spin will get put on it. I know it isnt targeting the sponsors, but i believe also we need to target the owners or RBS. Maybe someting in the style of an old sponsor logo like candy or carslberg!

Also, the black wont stand out enough in the stadium were the tv cameras will be. A horrible blue maybe?? I know its the anti christ of our club, but we started in blue and it would look crazy at Anfield.
boodiddy1

Postby dundreamin » Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:54 pm

can you buy them anywhere,cos i want one for next Sunday
dundreamin
LFC Super Member

Location: skelmersdale. Land of the roundabouts and utter boredom

Postby Greavesie » Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:31 am

well I like it, its a good idea
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:57 am

maybe since it is targeting the owners not the sponsor, the "standards corrupted" bit could be in blue and red?

where can i buy it from? it looks good :D
maypaxvobiscum

Postby In and Out » Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:26 am

Is this shirt missing the point somewhat, it seems as though it's aimed out our sponsor more so than our owners.

It doesn't quite read right tbh like fivecups said it needs to be aimed at the owners or RBS more not our sponsor and to the neutrals and the sponsors themselves I think that is how it will be read.

Nice shirt though.

Also, the black wont stand out enough in the stadium were the tv cameras will be. A horrible blue maybe?? I know its the anti christ of our club, but we started in blue and it would look crazy at Anfield.

:nod
Football is a relatively simple game and Roy knows it ;)
In and Out
LFC Super Member

Postby Owzat » Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:17 am

Want to be a tad careful regards immitating or mimicking the sponsors, I'm sure Standard Chartered won't take kindly to something that looks like their sponsorship logo with the word "corrupted" on it being distributed in any numbers
Last edited by Owzat on Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby In and Out » Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:20 am

I've just made a quick mock up that points the finger more directly at our owners.

In and Out
LFC Super Member

Postby Owzat » Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:34 am

Maybe "Scumbags Corrupted" (or "sh'theads corrupted"), alludes to "Standard Chartered" without using either word in the sponsors' name.

And maybe a spear or ice hockey stick through the liverbird's heart as it lay on it's back

And how about blood oozing out of the US flag, although that in itself may cause offence to yanks
Last edited by Owzat on Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby In and Out » Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:36 am

Owzat wrote:Maybe "Scumbags Corrupted" (or "sh'theads corrupted"), alludes to "Standard Chartered" without using either word in the sponsors' name.

And maybe a spear or ice hockey stick through the liverbird's heart as it lay on it's back

That's probably going a bit to far if it reaches the eye of the press or the TV cameras. As soon as Sky or anyone see such abusive language on the shirt that'll be the last time they pan on our shirts.
In and Out
LFC Super Member

Postby Owzat » Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:40 am

Not necessarily the second suggestion, but something that makes it clear who we're talking about and that we don't like them. How about a derogatory reference in their "own language", like "Dumbasses Corrupted"...........?

Reckon the ice hockey stick through the liverbird's heart is a good idea, an object associated with US killing the club emblem and of course the years adjusted to their tenure at the club (instead of 1892)
Last edited by Owzat on Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dundreamin » Sun Jun 27, 2010 4:52 pm

What about COWBOYS emblazoned on the front and we wear stetsons and arrive on a horse!
dundreamin
LFC Super Member

Location: skelmersdale. Land of the roundabouts and utter boredom

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion