New away shirt .... getting worse - Quality of shirt

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby A.B. » Sat Aug 06, 2005 6:17 pm

The kits are soon to be back to the glory days of the 80's, Reebok have just been taken over by ADIDAS, woo hoo!!!

That means nothing. Reebok will be still called Reebok and will still make their own designs, all it means is that Adidas will be getting all the money Reebok makes
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby policy » Sun Aug 07, 2005 5:15 am

Speaking of Adidas, to be completely honest, I have been purchasing lots of their kits and training gear (pulse training, Formotion), but I am not impressed.

Much like Puma, I guess their old stuff was dope a$$ed class, but nowadays, I don't think anyone can match Nike's "Sphere Dry" line. It is marvelous material. 

There are only two teams that receive these shirts (Club America of Mexico, and Boca Juniors of Argentina). Hopefully more teams will get supplied with these.

I think that in terms of sheer quality of tops, Adidas gear is ugly. Nothing really stands out to me as being exceptional except for the player issued gear (double layered with IRONED ON crests). The single layered (fan versions though embroidered) are to flimsy and have little technology so I prefer to wear cotton shirts when working out to the Adidas stuff because I get mad nipple rash from the Climacool material. (The Nike non-"sphere dry" jerseys give me a rash as well)

Don't you guys love the home kits from Reebok? I think that they are sexy. I never work out with them, but I wear them with pride and everyone jocks them.

I personally think that the new away kits will grow on me. I can't wait until they show up next week at my store so that I can check it out.
Mourinho was customizing his flashy blue racing car -- applying the finishing touches of go-faster stripes, aerodynamic spoilers and a fat f@ck you exhaust -- while on his red car, Benitez was trying to glue together a broken chassis, repair bodywork and replace burst tyres.
- Paul Tomkins
policy

Postby RedRoots » Sun Aug 07, 2005 4:48 pm

Sorry pal I lost you at nipple rash! :D
I dunno whether to get the new jersey or not, I hear it doesn't come with the 5 european cups badge? why's that? Plus it looks like the away jersey from a few seasons back, I think the good people at Reebok are getting very lazy.

Let's face it though at least its not as bad as Chelsea's rag!
RedRoots

Postby padderz001 » Sun Aug 07, 2005 5:42 pm

I think we are been ripped off with away shirts anyway, a new one every season, surely there is no need!
padderz001

Postby REDTILLDEAD » Sun Aug 07, 2005 7:23 pm

Defo wont be buying that!...it looks cheap!! the badge is a joke :wwww
"THERE ARE TWO GREAT FOOTBALL TEAMS IN LIVERPOOL"
  LIVERPOOL..........................AND LIVERPOOL RESERVES!
REDTILLDEAD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sun Aug 07, 2005 8:11 pm

I think we are been ripped off with away shirts anyway, a new one every season, surely there is no need!

We're not the only one who get a new away kit every year, everyone has a new away kit every year.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby mighty mo » Sun Aug 07, 2005 9:14 pm

I8BlueNoses wrote:I have been buying Liverpool shirts for years, season after season

I have just got my new away shirt this morning and i am disgusted that the shirt has a Sticker as a badge ffs, where is the embroided Liverpool Crest, anyone else agree the quality of these £40 Reebok shirts are getting worse ..... ???

We all know they cost very little to make but surely removing the Embroided crest is just another way of cutting cost !!!

i totally agree ,reebok shirts are :censored: and we should get back to adidas making our shirts again,there shirt designs are the best in football today
mighty mo
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby policy » Mon Aug 08, 2005 7:23 am

mighty mo wrote:We should get back to adidas making our shirts again,there shirt designs are the best in football today

Can you elaborate why mate that you fancy the Adidas shirts so much?

Just wondering.
Mourinho was customizing his flashy blue racing car -- applying the finishing touches of go-faster stripes, aerodynamic spoilers and a fat f@ck you exhaust -- while on his red car, Benitez was trying to glue together a broken chassis, repair bodywork and replace burst tyres.
- Paul Tomkins
policy

Postby redders » Mon Aug 08, 2005 8:50 am

mighty mo wrote:
I8BlueNoses wrote:I have been buying Liverpool shirts for years, season after season

I have just got my new away shirt this morning and i am disgusted that the shirt has a Sticker as a badge ffs, where is the embroided Liverpool Crest, anyone else agree the quality of these £40 Reebok shirts are getting worse ..... ???

We all know they cost very little to make but surely removing the Embroided crest is just another way of cutting cost !!!

i totally agree ,reebok shirts are :censored: and we should get back to adidas making our shirts again,there shirt designs are the best in football today

I disagreed that Adidas make the best soccer shirts, their design may look slightly better the Reebok ones, but if you do own one, the quality is pretty bad.

The new Climacool Adidas shirt has its strips and sponsor logo heat transferred on and tends to drop off after persistent washing. You need to be very careful when washing (preferably hand wash and no soaking).

I have some soccer shirt "ruined" when the logo came off :(

Still prefer those old models where everything is sew on :P
redders

Postby NiftyNeil » Mon Aug 08, 2005 11:45 am

It's the size of the badge that disgusts me, you can hardly see it.
It's the same on the new champions league shirt.
NiftyNeil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion