Protest for justice - fa cup 3rd round

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby adamnbarrett » Mon Dec 04, 2006 12:21 am

The lads at RAOTL are organizing an unofficial minutes silence at anfield when we play Arsenal in the FA Cup 3rd Round, in a protest for justice.

Nothing is confirmed yet but:

we ask you all to take part in a minutes silence as soon as the whistle is blown to start the game.

In light of Kelvin MacKenzie's recent comments regarding the behaviour of Liverpool fans at Hillsbrough in 1989, it is the perfect opportunity to raise awareness of the real facts of 15th April 1989.

96 Liverpool fans lost their lives that day through poor policing and crowd control, despite what certain sections of the media tried to portray. The real TRUTH but the blame for that day firmly at the feet of South Yorkshire Police, as found in court.

We ask you to remain silent for one minute at the start of play, before joining in with chants of JUSTICE JUSTICE JUSTICE.

http://forum.raotl.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=40592

and

http://forum.raotl.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=40601

Are all match-goes up for this?
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rafa D » Mon Dec 04, 2006 12:22 am

Definetly.
Sammy Lee wears Liverpool undies
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Mon Dec 04, 2006 12:27 am

It's scandalous what was said.

This seems like a good Idea. But I would hope that club are informed and perhaps the travelling Ar.se fans could join-in to really make it effective. Could I suggest whoever is organsising this does this.

Justice, justice, juctice !
Last edited by zarababe on Mon Dec 04, 2006 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Mon Dec 04, 2006 1:16 am

Sounds reallly good and would have everyone talking about it, but for it to work the gunners fans are going to have get on board.
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Mon Dec 04, 2006 3:22 am

Good idea.

Will the gooners be up for that, though?

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rafa D » Mon Dec 04, 2006 7:50 am

I am in the process of visiting their boards as I speak. I will hopefully try to get them on board. However a lot of match goers don't visit this board, or the other Liverpool boards so I think its going to need a bit of help, maybe flyers or a call to the Echo or the Daily Post.

I don't know who has started this in RAOTL but it is something I would be very willing to help out in anyway I can. 

It's absolutely disgraceful how long this has dragged on and we need to make a statement. An un-offical minutes silence will bring press attention to our fight that still goes on today.

YNWA

JFT 96!!
Sammy Lee wears Liverpool undies
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Mon Dec 04, 2006 12:47 pm

dont know if anyones mentioned this:

http://www.newsnow.co.uk/cgi/NGoto/174796621?-11194

tell you what though, what better time to kick up some long overdue and unavenged retribution than now.....all the eyes of the world will be focused on Liverpool FC during this ongoing takeover....time for the people involved to hammer the message home taking advantage of all the inevitable publicity that will surround the events. These Arabs will get more than a measure of what this club means to its loyal supporters and well they might take notice.  I say capitalise on it now! while the window of opportunity is wide open, as the world bears witness to the reinvention of this great club.  If the D.I.C/Makhtoum organisation are frightened off by a 'show of strength' demanding Justice for the 96....they really need to re-evaluate where they are coming from.  What irony, the Gunners also being controlled by a Dubai based consortium - Emirates. Perhaps they too, will take the opportunity to show their suitors their true colours. Hope springs eternal that their club willingly might cast aside tribal indifferences, for a period of reflection and heartfelt co-operation. The issue is beyond trivial matters such as the insignificance of individual football rivalry between fans. It is about the injustice and evil contempt for ordinary HUMAN BEINGS. and followers of ALL denominations must unite in bringing about the rightful conclusion to their long, hard fought and painful 17 year exile from peace.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby Big Niall » Mon Dec 04, 2006 12:57 pm

I wasn't aware that anything was said lately.

Who said what and when?
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ConnO'var » Mon Dec 04, 2006 3:21 pm

great idea...

Wish I could be there with you lot as it's something I feel strongly bout too...
Justice has yet to be served....
ConnO'var

Postby redmikey » Mon Dec 04, 2006 4:25 pm

what a great way to grab the attention back to the injustice done to those 96 fans and the families

100% behind it , i will monitor this tread and pass it on the the supporters club who i travel with
redmikey
LFC Super Member

Postby redhayesy » Mon Dec 04, 2006 4:38 pm

brilliant idea !! i sincerly hope this is carried through, the media need to be reminded they can never dis- respect the lives that were lost,the families that are still striving for justice! this is a great opportunity for all lfc fans to show this issue will never be forgotten may i suggest even if you can"t make it to the game you still join in with the minutes silence wherever you are at the time!
redhayesy
LFC Super Member

Postby kop11 » Mon Dec 04, 2006 5:31 pm

yea sure great idea! ill stay sillent! it will be very touching having a very uxpected miniute of sillence!

great idea!
'i was made for liverpool and liverpool was made for me'

kop11

Postby stmichael » Mon Dec 04, 2006 5:58 pm

Surely silences have to be officially organised otherwise they don't work?
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby daxy1 » Mon Dec 04, 2006 5:59 pm

yeah mate were up for that!!!!

daxy1
LFC Super Member

Postby crossy11 » Mon Dec 04, 2006 7:22 pm

Thats a great idea!

Will the Gunners go with the idea though??
crossy11

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion