Protest for justice - fa cup 3rd round

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby kop11 » Mon Dec 04, 2006 10:33 pm

dosnt matter about the gunners they wont no whats hit them when the whole statduims gone silent!!
'i was made for liverpool and liverpool was made for me'

kop11

Postby adamnbarrett » Mon Dec 04, 2006 10:41 pm

Latest update:

To all those with a negative view thinking it can't be done as not all fans would know about it.....

My initial suggestion (and I'm pretty sure the club will allow us to do this) is to place a leaflet on each and every seat in Anfield, so that when everyone gets to their seat they can read the leaflet and find out exactly what is planned and why. There will obviously be late arrivals, so can hand out a few at the turnstiles in the lead up to the game so the ones going in just before KO can also realise what's going on.
Posters at the turnstiles, massive ones you can't fail to notice:

MINUTES SILENCE AT KICK OFF, WHEN THE 1ST BALL IS KICKED
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Something along them lines.

Surely if there was an empty seat and a few late arrivals, the lads already in the ground would inform those next to them what was happening and why - it would all be explained on the leaflet.

The away end will also be covered in the same material, and I can only see Arsenal being supportive towards it. Why wouldn't they?

Also put the leaflets on the seats in the press box and maybe even have them handed to the commentry team for the gantry so they know what is happening and why, and can explain to the viewers during the minutes silence.

If there was a minutes noise as people have suggested, how would that come across? It would just be noise to most people, no idea what is going on. BBC could just mention the atmosphere was electric and nothing more - but Anfield bouncing before kick off, then falling into complete silence as soon as the game kicks off....then after 1 minute non stop chants of JUSTICE to follow. How can they fail to inform everyone what it is all about?

It's different, it's brave, it's not easy - but isn't that what we've always been about? Being different and doing things first? Doing it our way?
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Mon Dec 04, 2006 11:11 pm

adamnbarrett wrote:The lads at RAOTL are organizing an unofficial minutes silence at anfield when we play Arsenal in the FA Cup 3rd Round, in a protest for justice.

Nothing is confirmed yet but:

we ask you all to take part in a minutes silence as soon as the whistle is blown to start the game.

In light of Kelvin MacKenzie's recent comments regarding the behaviour of Liverpool fans at Hillsbrough in 1989, it is the perfect opportunity to raise awareness of the real facts of 15th April 1989.

96 Liverpool fans lost their lives that day through poor policing and crowd control, despite what certain sections of the media tried to portray. The real TRUTH but the blame for that day firmly at the feet of South Yorkshire Police, as found in court.

We ask you to remain silent for one minute at the start of play, before joining in with chants of JUSTICE JUSTICE JUSTICE.

http://forum.raotl.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=40592

and

http://forum.raotl.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=40601

Are all match-goes up for this?

Very commendable.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redhayesy » Tue Dec 05, 2006 7:12 pm

how about going another step futher- during the minutes silence get the mosaic going again in the kop which would spell out -justice for 96, if that could be organised it would give the protest maxium impact, sincerly hope this could be possibe!
redhayesy
LFC Super Member

Postby Rafa D » Wed Dec 06, 2006 7:37 am

Posted this on the Arsenal forums, and 606 message boards:

Lets hope they join in.

----------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------------

Hi Everyone,

Steve here, I am a member of a few liverpool forums most notably www.liverpoolfc-newkit.co.uk, although I do frequent the RAOTL.co.uk and RAWK.co.uk websites.

As you will be well aware we have been drawn against yourselves again in a knock out cup competition for the F.A Cup 3rd Round on the 6th/7th January. Us Liverpool supporters are planning to do something in the ground at the start of the match and would be extremely greatful if you could join in and help us.

Recently, much to our annoyance and the members and families in the Hillsborough Justice Campaign, the ex S*n editor, Kelvin McKenzie has come out and spoke publically about that dark day when we lost 96 football fans. His recent comments should what a cold despicable character the man is and has stirred a lot of memories for people and caused a lot of grief for the friends and famlies who lost loved ones.

The ex-Sun editor made his latest arrogant self-justification by saying Reds fans caused the tragedy that left 96 supporters dead.

Incredibly, only six weeks ago, he gave an interview admitting the Sun's sickening coverage had "turned out to be untrue".

Last week, earning cash as a speaker at a business lunch in Newcastle, he said the Sun's reports were the truth.

"I wasn't sorry then and I'm not sorry now," he said.

This was the same man who issued a grovelling apology to the people of Liverpool the day after the Sun's outrageous article.

The accusations, which he claimed were supplied by a Tory MP and backed by former South Yorkshire police chief David Duckenfield, included:

* Fans were drunk and stormed the gates.

* Some urinated on the bodies of the dead.

* Others stole wallets from the corpses.

All of the Sun's pronouncements were exposed as lies by an ECHO investigation and later by the Justice Taylor inquiry into the 1989 tragedy.

Sadly, MacKenzie's pathetic fabrication opens up the agonising wounds for the thousands of people affected by the disaster.

This is a man now trying to hack it as a columnist in the downmarket tabloid he once edited.

It is a paper which has never regained its circulation on Merseyside.

Clearly it is in his commercial interests to stay in the public eye, and he is not bothered how he does it.

Yesterday he told around 100 guests that he had only apologised because the newspaper's owner, Rupert Murdoch, had ordered him to.

His comments came after he was asked by one of the guests at the lunch if he ever visited Liverpool.

"I went on the World at One the next day and apologised. I only did that because Rupert Murdoch told me to," he said.

"I wasn't sorry then and I'm not sorry now because we told the truth.

"There was a surge of Liverpool fans who had been drinking and that is what caused the disaster."

Yet in 2004, in what the ECHO suspects was a blatant attempt to pull back sales on Merseyside, the Sun made a formal apology.

The paper said it was "truly sorry" and that its false allegations were "the most terrible mistake in history."

With its former editor now trying to re-invent the truth the paper may do well to consider dumping the column he currently writes for them.

His words today sparked a furious backlash.

Phil Hammond, chairman of the Hillsborough Family Support Group, branded the comments callous and challenged him to repeat them to him face to face.

Mr Hammond, whose 14-year-old son died in the tragedy, said: "This just shows what kind of man he is.

"It has been proven that the story was a pack of lies yet here he is all these years later peddling his lies on the after-dinner speaking circuit.

"Why doesn't he come and tell the families this to their faces instead of using it as material in a speech to a group of solicitors?

"If he really believed he was printing the truth and stood by what he said then why didn't he walk away when Rupert Murdoch supposedly made him make this apology?"

The truth? MacKenzie wouldn't know it if it hit him in the face.

What we are planning to do is a "minutes silence protest" at the kick off of the game.

In light of Kelvin MacKenzie's recent comments regarding the behaviour of Liverpool fans at Hillsbrough in 1989, it is the perfect opportunity to raise awareness of the real facts of 15th April 1989.

96 Liverpool fans lost their lives that day through poor policing and crowd control, despite what certain sections of the media tried to portray. The real TRUTH but the blame for that day firmly at the feet of South Yorkshire Police, as found in court.

We ask you to remain silent for one minute at the start of play, before joining in with chants of JUSTICE JUSTICE JUSTICE.

Yours thankfully,

Steve,
Sammy Lee wears Liverpool undies
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby adamnbarrett » Sat Dec 30, 2006 12:18 am

The echo has picked up on this:

Fans set to vent fury over Sun lies

Dec 29 2006

By Luke Traynor, Liverpool Echo

LIVERPOOL fans are set to stage a mass protest against reviled Sun editor Kelvin MacKenzie at Anfield next Saturday.

The demonstration is being organised to take place at the start of the televised FA Cup clash against Arsenal.

It follows the former Fleet Street boss's recent outburst about The Sun's infamous coverage of the Hillsborough tragedy in 1989.

For the first six minutes of the game, thousands of Liverpool fans are expected to chant "Hillsborough justice" and anti-MacKenzie songs.

The protests could continue during every FA Cup tie that Liverpool play this season.

A fans group has asked supporters to "raise the roof" to generate a wall of noise at the start of the fixture against the Gunners on January 6.

Peter Cormack, who supports the Reclaim the Kop campaign, said: "In showing our wholehearted revulsion towards this wretch (MacKenzie) and his supporters, every FA Cup tie involving Liverpool is designated Truth Day.

"We want people to raise the roof with songs for the 96 and songs of unrestrained disgust at MacKenzie."

The idea has gathered momentum as flyers are being posted all over the city imploring people to boycott The Sun.

Anger has persisted on Merseyside after the outburst, particularly over the BBC's decision to keep him on their radio schedules.

Peter Evans, one of the organisers of the protest, said the idea had snowballed on a number of popular Liverpool FC forums
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rafa D » Sat Dec 30, 2006 9:48 am

Adam, have you got any links mate?
Sammy Lee wears Liverpool undies
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby adamnbarrett » Sat Dec 30, 2006 1:14 pm

Rafa-Dodd wrote:Adam, have you got any links mate?

for the story?

here
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby adamnbarrett » Sun Dec 31, 2006 8:46 pm

from RAOTL

All,

We have 15,000 double sided flyers being printed ready for the Arsenal FA Cup game. One half contains the Truth Day flyer as you've already seen, the other is an intro to RTK and a link to all the sites. Basically the official launch of RTK to those without forum access!

We'll need help handing out these flyers on the day of the game, so as many volunteers as possible would be appreciated.

3pm outside The Arkles

Meet there and take away as many flyers as possible, targetting the coaches, pubs, turnstiles etc. Really get the message out there.

6 MINUTES FOR THE 96 - Bring your banners!
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redhayesy » Mon Jan 01, 2007 10:17 pm

thanks for the update mate i am so,so p1ssed off i can"t make the game but please believe me i will be with you in spirit! i hope the flyers go some way into generaiting the passion & noise this protest deserves. all the very best mate.
redhayesy
LFC Super Member

Postby adamnbarrett » Tue Jan 02, 2007 4:36 pm

a copy of the flyer that will be given out on saturday:

CLICK TO SEE IT BIGGER

6 MINUTES FOR THE 96  :buttrock
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redhayesy » Tue Jan 02, 2007 5:02 pm

that is a fantastic flyer,thanks for posting it on here mate. i really hope everyone get"s behind this & bring the good old days back to anfield by generaiting the noise & passion the 96 deserve!
redhayesy
LFC Super Member

Postby Roger Red Hat » Tue Jan 02, 2007 5:15 pm

Excuse me for been a bit nieve about all this, I wasn't there but do remember it happening. This seems like a good idea, peaceful way of demonstrating. But, what is the actual aim of the organisation that is trying to get justice for the 96? What do you consider JUSTICE? and when will we know that justice has been served? I dont really understand what it is you want?
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby adamnbarrett » Tue Jan 02, 2007 5:25 pm

Lee J wrote:Excuse me for been a bit nieve about all this, I wasn't there but do remember it happening. This seems like a good idea, peaceful way of demonstrating. But, what is the actual aim of the organisation that is trying to get justice for the 96? What do you consider JUSTICE? and when will we know that justice has been served? I dont really understand what it is you want?

The aim is to get justice, by that I mean to rid our supporters of blame for the disaster and to get justice after the lies printed in the s*n. People don't realise what actually happened and have been misinformed or just believed what they want because of the stereotyping that Liverpool suffers from.

Justice will be done when it has been rubber stamped in the history books. It hasn't been although there was a showtrial in 2000.
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Tue Jan 02, 2007 5:36 pm

Sounds Good
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion