Official takeover underway? - Movement on the investment front...

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Leonmc0708 » Sun Dec 05, 2004 11:25 pm

I noticed a strange page on the official Liverpool website, and it puzzled me. However the likely reason for it has now come to light on the red and white kop.

Anyway, today on the liverpoofc.tv website Liverpool announced that...

In accordance with Rule 2.10 of the City Code on Takeovers and Mergers, the Club confirms that it has 34,823 ordinary shares of £5 each in issue. There are no other relevant securities in issue. 
The Liverpool Football Club and Athletic Grounds PLC

Liverpool official site Rule 2.10 announcement

The official line on this is that apparently this is the usual process for one of two reasons;

1)   A certain amount of shares over a certain threshold have or are about to change hands. ie a large amount, not your man in the street buying one or two.

2)   A formal bid is on the table for a takeover/change of ownership.

Now I am no financial whizz kid, in fact I do not have a jar of glue about stocks and shares, but the take over panel website tells us that;

When an offer period begins, the offeree company must announce, as soon as possible and in any case by 9.00am on the next business day, details of all classes of relevant securities issued by the company, together with the numbers of such securities in issue.  An offeror or potential named offeror must also announce the same details relating to its relevant securities by 9.00am on the business day following any announcement identifying it as an offeror or potential offeror, unless it has staed that its offer is likely to be solely in cash.

Any such announcement should include, where relevant, the ISIN for each relevant security.  If the information included in an announcement made under this Rule change during the offer period, a revised announcement must be made as soon as possible.

thetakeoverpanel.org info (requires Adobe Reader)

This makes me think that there will be some action tomorrow on the take over/investment front.

It was in fact the same thing that happened with Manchester United arounf the time that Malcolm Glazer purchased large amounts of shares, and attempted to buy out the club. (Excuse the links below)

4th October Man United announcement

5th October Man United announcement

Exciting and slightly worrying times, I am sure you will agree......
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby the great one » Sun Dec 05, 2004 11:29 pm

i noticted that aswell weird ???
''I know Mourinho likes to tell people that he is the European champion manager but he's not now. That belongs to Benitez. '' Jamie Carragher
the great one
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Sun Dec 05, 2004 11:32 pm

Yes, it looks like Liverpool FC shares are about to change hands.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby bigmick » Sun Dec 05, 2004 11:36 pm

Read Leons fantastic piece of investagative trawling earlier, thanks for that mate. Based on that, and I'm in favour of keeping Moores in some capacity, this American consortium looks promising on the face of it. Not too sure about Morgan. Don't know why just not too sure about him. His desire to go for a groundshare is a real worry though.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Sun Dec 05, 2004 11:46 pm

Has Morgan actually said he's in favour of a groundshare?

I also heard that he submitted his blueprint for the future of the club on Friday.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby LFC #1 » Mon Dec 06, 2004 12:06 am

even if Morgan is in favour of it, if the majority of fans from both clubs oppose it (whcih is the current situation) then it simply won't happen as these are the people who will be using the stadium week in week out.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Mon Dec 06, 2004 12:50 pm

IT is the L4 group people :

The Take over group official announcement

Click on the "diclosure table link at the top of the page and look out for Liverpool Football Club on the left under "offerees".
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Mon Dec 06, 2004 12:52 pm

Morgan will be goin off his rocker :glare:
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Mon Dec 06, 2004 1:01 pm

I have also found out some more information about the L$ group;

see my thread in Gen Discussion:

L4 Group - Mr Kraft

and also another Liverpool web site:

Mike Jefferies and Stuart info
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jim_morrison_supported_liverpool » Mon Dec 06, 2004 1:45 pm

bigmick wrote:Read Leons fantastic piece of investagative trawling earlier, thanks for that mate. Based on that, and I'm in favour of keeping Moores in some capacity, this American consortium looks promising on the face of it. Not too sure about Morgan. Don't know why just not too sure about him. His desire to go for a groundshare is a real worry though.

Got to say i dont like Morgan. he's showin a complete lack of respect for the board. regardless of how good a businessman Moores is, his heart and soul is in the club. for Morgan to attack like he does and create negative public opinion about Moores p*sses me right off. i just get a general bad feeling about him. and all this talk of him bein a "boyhood red scouser thru and thru" is apparently bollox. he's welsh.

well in Leon for the research thats good sh*t that.
its not the chilli sauce on kebabs that give you ring-sting, its the actual meat. had one without chilli, and still had ring-sting. the chilli's only there to mask the nonsense they stuff inside that bread.
jim_morrison_supported_liverpool
LFC Super Member

Postby JBG » Mon Dec 06, 2004 1:52 pm

Fair play Leon, brilliant research on all of this.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Leonmc0708 » Mon Dec 06, 2004 1:55 pm

Thanks for the plaudits, but it is after all a labour of love.

Exciting times, and although we have in the past had admissions of talks etc, this is the first time that official announcements have been made.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maximus » Mon Dec 06, 2004 1:55 pm

Leon,

Have you been sacked mate.......................good read, very interesting
maximus
LFC Super Member

Postby JBG » Mon Dec 06, 2004 1:58 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:Thanks for the plaudits, but it is after all a labour of love.

Exciting times, and although we have in the past had admissions of talks etc, this is the first time that official announcements have been made.

I checked the link on the takeover panel.

Does that mean that there is an offer from L4 which is on the table which the club hasn't yet accepted or does it mean that its an offer which has been accepted but which needs competition law clearance?
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Redrider » Mon Dec 06, 2004 2:02 pm

If the L4 Group were to be successful, it would be a major boost to LFC.
The US market is huge and gagging with interest for Soccer, all the schools now play soccer as parents prefer the greater empahsis on skill as opposed to contact in (American) Football. The market is huge and growing, they love the cult of personality and like to identify themselves with successful teams. Liverpool FC will become the biggest name in world football with a push from the US.  Great News if it comes off !!
The only question is, who will they put in to run the show ? They surely won't trust the current incumbent's !!
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion