Investment - There's movement...

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby alessandromagno » Wed May 17, 2006 4:19 pm

Hope it happens.
ALESSANDRO
alessandromagno
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Thu May 18, 2006 8:55 pm

interesting piece on the Kraft family and last decembers activity concerning their links with parry at the time...

'brand' tho... ???  NEVER!

In a radio interview on Boston's WEEI Sports Radio today, Jonathan Kraft (President & CEO) admitted that the Kraft Group were very very close to becoming owners of a Premiership club at the end of last year.

In talking about football in general, the conversation turned to the MLS as a rising force in quality and what parallels could be made to the Premiership. Kraft spoke of how he and his father have been closely following "soccer" abroad, especially in the Premiership, and stated that "we (the Kraft Group) came very very close to becoming owners of a Premiership club last December".

The Krafts had been closely linked with Liverpool football club for some time last year and Rick Parry had even been sighted at a NE Patriots game as a guest of owner Bob Kraft in the owner's suite.

Both Liverpool and the Krafts denied talk of any investment or ownership but this latest disclosure by Kraft casts severe doubts upon any claims that Parry was just visiting. Although LFC were not mentioned by name, it is exceedingly doubtful that Kraft was talking of any club.

No reasons for not buying the club were given.

Kraft also took time to praise coach Steve Nichol for the sterling job that he has done with the Revolution in taking them to the play-offs for each of the last 4 years and reaching the final in 2 of those 4.

still their money is as spendable as the next man..just not sure of their motives. we'll see, something though is about to happen...:nod

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby JBG » Thu May 18, 2006 11:13 pm

peewee wrote:The man behind the takeover bid is Robin Herd, who designed Concorde                   before he became Oxford United's chairman -

Er, the same Concorde that falls out of skies and the same Oxford that has fallen out of the league?  :laugh:
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby tubby » Sat May 20, 2006 12:05 pm

Kraft close to takeover

By Adam Bryant Saturday 20th May 2006

Liverpool are finally on the verge of a takeover, after Robert Kraft indicated a deal was imminent.

Rick Parry visited the United States in January to meet the Krafts and commence early negotiations.

Kraft has since admitted that his company were on the verge of agreeing a £200m deal, with the Anfield board in agreement over the terms.

"We came very close to buying a Premiership team, very close," he said. "We like to acquire. We like to go forward, and are excited by the potential of soccer ownership in Europe.

"I have spoken to my dad a lot about it, and we agree we have to be offensive in our ownership mentality."
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Sat May 20, 2006 12:12 pm

bavlondon wrote:Kraft close to takeover

By Adam Bryant Saturday 20th May 2006

Liverpool are finally on the verge of a takeover, after Robert Kraft indicated a deal was imminent.

Rick Parry visited the United States in January to meet the Krafts and commence early negotiations.

Kraft has since admitted that his company were on the verge of agreeing a £200m deal, with the Anfield board in agreement over the terms.

"We came very close to buying a Premiership team, very close," he said. "We like to acquire. We like to go forward, and are excited by the potential of soccer ownership in Europe.

"I have spoken to my dad a lot about it, and we agree we have to be offensive in our ownership mentality."

Where'd you get this from?
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sat May 20, 2006 12:19 pm

Newsnow.co.uk. Its a live news feed that updates every 5 seconds. Quickest source of news for anything around the world mate.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Sat May 20, 2006 12:21 pm

bavlondon wrote:Newsnow.co.uk. Its a live news feed that updates every 5 seconds. Quickest source of news for anything around the world mate.

Cheers :oh:
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby PCG77 » Sat May 20, 2006 12:47 pm

If the Kraft family buy liverpool we will then have the perfect sponsor for the front of the dirty proposed yellow away shirt... Vegimite.. They have brought everything in Australia why not the UK?
PCG77

Postby tubby » Sat May 20, 2006 2:07 pm

Does anyone have a round figure on how much debt we are in ?

I just hope he give us 25M every year for Rafa to spend. We dont need 50 ot 100m TO splash on players.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sat May 20, 2006 7:18 pm

Thought it was some Norweigens and a Formula 1 fella thats wants to take over? If reports are true they want to buy Liverpool for 70 million thats noway near enough, Rafa needs a big kitty and this new stadium is being a thorn in our sides.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby yckatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat May 20, 2006 7:32 pm

if we are going to get bought out i`d rather it was someone like robert kraft than a consortium.
those consortiums start of with the best intentions but usually end up with internal bickering. then there`s always the risk of someone pulling out and upsetting the applecart. these `faceless` backers who underpin bids could just be on an ego trip like michael knighton at united and not have the financial muscle to compete and turn the whole thing into a farce.
i find it a bit concerning all this buyout talk.
in my lifetime we`ve always been a steady ship who`s often been held up as a model club in the way our boardroom did business.

You Can Shoot All The Blue Jays You Want To But Its A Sin To Kill A Mocking Bird
yckatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Super Member

Postby azriahmad » Sat May 20, 2006 7:38 pm

I wonder how Moores expect new investors to pump in money if he is reluctant to dilute his 51% shareholding in the club (as reported)?

New investors would want to have shares or equity ownership and seeing that Moores now is at 51% shareholding, any new money into the club would entail a new share issue and he would be diluted. In the past, Moores has favoured selling part of his shareholding so that he gets money for diluting his shareholding (Liverpool FC will get none) and partly a new issuance of shares (with these portion of the money going to Liverpool FC) - this was supposedly the Thailand deal. Moores rejected the Morgan proposal because he will get diluted in his shareholding while all of the money goes into Liverpool FC.

Is Moores trying to offer some kind of debt capital instead of share ownership? Debt capital normally does not have any shareholders' voting rights or board representation. That being the case, who would want to pump in whatever money 180 million or 200 million without having any rights as shareholders and probably let Moores still run the Board of Directors? Don't think this will happen snytime soon if Moores remain insistent that he remains as a 51% shareholder.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby KJLFC » Sat May 20, 2006 7:51 pm

i read bout investment an thought i mite be good transfer wise

heard a little rumour bout shevchenko
any know anymore
KJLFC

Postby hawkmoon269 » Sun May 21, 2006 1:44 am

PCG77 wrote:If the Kraft family buy liverpool we will then have the perfect sponsor for the front of the dirty proposed yellow away shirt... Vegimite.. They have brought everything in Australia why not the UK?

I don't think the Kraft family interested in Liverpool are the same as the Kraft Foods company - they are big into paper manufacture.
hawkmoon269
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby adamnbarrett » Sun May 21, 2006 10:25 pm

Ciggy wrote:Thought it was some Norweigens and a Formula 1 fella thats wants to take over? If reports are true they want to buy Liverpool for 70 million thats noway near enough, Rafa needs a big kitty and this new stadium is being a thorn in our sides.

The bitters would be delighted if we were took over by norweigans, since they think we are all norweigans anyway  :laugh:
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion