Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Thai takeover

Show me the money!!!
68%
***** Off
32%

Total votes : 31

Postby ynwa » Tue Feb 24, 2004 11:06 am

who would u have Moores or a prime minister from a third world country with money
walk on walk on with hope in your heart
rafalution
18/5
god is back
ynwa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby greenred » Tue Feb 24, 2004 11:09 am

gimme the third world money :D
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ynwa » Tue Feb 24, 2004 11:13 am

is there any more news on him taking over
rafalution
18/5
god is back
ynwa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Tue Feb 24, 2004 1:39 pm

supersub wrote:I'd be very surprised if David Moores sold out,and I'm not convinced a sugar daddy from Thailand is the best way forward for Liverpool.

I agree. I'm hugely against this move.

I'm not being rascist but I am suspicious of moneybags from the likes of Russia and Thailand. Who knows where these guys got their money and Christ knows what could happen to their clubs if these guys get into trouble.

Even look at Parma who were bankrolled by Parmalat. Parmalat is collapsing and Parma could now go down the toilet.

I want to see an ambitious guy take over who is first and foremost a Liverpool fan.

I want a guy with some money (but not bucket loads) who is prepared to re-organise the clubs finances and bring ther club forward financially by investing in marketing and merchandising, and either re-building Anfield or giving us a new stadium.

The ideal situation is where a guy slowly build the club up for the long term, we get 55-60,000 fans every home game, we start bringing in serious cash from abroad through merchandising, and have a transfer kitty of at least £20,-25million every summer without having to take out loans for transfers, as well as bringing through at least one academy player every season or so to the first team squad.

I'm not saying we could catch up or match Man UTD commercially overnight but the potential is there to turn Liverpool into a very powerful and wealthy club where the profits are poured solely into players and development.

A money bags who knows a lot about football and is a Pool fan is preferable to some dude from Thailand who just wants to indulge his fantasy for a few seasons.

Give me a Jack Walker over a Roman Abrahamvich.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Feb 24, 2004 2:06 pm

greenred wrote:I cant see it happening though.This guy is leader of a third world country where many people are still living in bamboo huts.How happy will they be to discover their prime minister is paying igor biscan 30 grand a week?

I lived in thailand for several years ('87-'92).They don't live in bamboo huts and are/were nuts about liverpool .The Reds shirt was worn by more people over there than all the other premier team shirts put together.Their current prime minister is no fool,ok so he is a businessman, whats wrong with that ?
He is obviously a winner,you don't become a billionaire and Prime Minister of one of the worlds fastest growing economys without knowing exactly what you're doing.As for using us to get rich !!!!!! Do me a favour !!!!!!! He doesn't need us to help him do that..............It could just be the best thing thats EVER happend to us, (apart from Bob Paisley becoming our manager)

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Owzat » Tue Feb 24, 2004 2:13 pm

Let's get a good manager first, we've seen what squandering £100m can do (or can't as in the case of Liverpool and Chelski)
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The retrun of beavis » Tue Feb 24, 2004 2:13 pm

greenred wrote:if he`s prepared to rival abramovich then I say take his money.

sell your soul hey ?? getting desperate ? :D
Im f##king hilarious me!

The Sensei of Wit

The 2004 Big Brother

'I am that funny that a lot of the time I crack myself up'

President of the Beavis Crew
The retrun of beavis

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Feb 24, 2004 2:15 pm

REDTILLDEAD wrote:we dont want guys who have no other interest in our club except to make more money out of our name, this guys no LFC fan he has no passion or pride for our team he probably never heard of us until some financial "geek! said hey! heres a chance to increase your wealth mega fold? he can shove his  millions up his ar#e!!! :angry:

Another example of opening your mouth without putting your brain in gear ! The guy is already MEGA MEGA MEGA RICH ! He doesn't need us for the money he might make,it would be peanuts to him. Like Abramovich it's the PRESTIGE of owning a legend in the footy world that appeals to him.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby greenred » Tue Feb 24, 2004 5:24 pm

woof woof ! wrote:
greenred wrote:I cant see it happening though.This guy is leader of a third world country where many people are still living in bamboo huts.How happy will they be to discover their prime minister is paying igor biscan 30 grand a week?

I lived in thailand for several years ('87-'92).They don't live in bamboo huts and are/were nuts about liverpool .The Reds shirt was worn by more people over there than all the other premier team shirts put together.Their current prime minister is no fool,ok so he is a businessman, whats wrong with that ?
He is obviously a winner,you don't become a billionaire and Prime Minister of one of the worlds fastest growing economys without knowing exactly what you're doing.As for using us to get rich !!!!!! Do me a favour !!!!!!! He doesn't need us to help him do that..............It could just be the best thing thats EVER happend to us, (apart from Bob Paisley becoming our manager)

millions of Thai people live in temporary housing of one type or another and im sure they would appreciate their prime ministers spare millions even more than us.But money talks no matter where it comes from,chelsea fans dont seem too bothered.I just worry that the political backlash back home may stop him investing too much money in the team.
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Feb 24, 2004 5:47 pm

You obviously dont speak Thai !
Jeez...........any members on this site over the age of 12 ?

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby kopper » Tue Feb 24, 2004 6:23 pm

The full story from SKY

Liverpool are the latest Premiership club to be linked with an overseas takeover, as Thai Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra is thought to be considering purchasing the club.

Shinawatra made tentative enquiries about buying Fulham last year, but Cottagers chairman Mohamed Al Fayed rejected his overtures.

The telecommunications tycoon is now thought to have switched his attentions to Liverpool as he looks to get involved in English football.

Thai national team coach Thawatchai Satchakul, who advised Thaksin during his targeting of Fulham, revealed he has been weighing up a move for Liverpool for some time.

"I believe the prime minister already had his aides checking Liverpool's financial position in the past four to five months," said Satchakul.

"He is now in the process of deciding whether to bid for Liverpool.

"His feeling now is similar to that five or six months ago when Fulham was in the picture. If you visualised him doing shopping in a store, I would say the prime minister's eyes are now fixed on Liverpool."

Thaksin admitted on Sunday that he was looking at buying a bigger club than Fulham, but refused to elaborate on the identity of his target.

"It should be a bigger club (than Fulham)," said Thaksin.

Any proposed move for Liverpool would depend on current chairman David Moores, who has been the club's majority shareholder at Anfield for over ten years.

Moores hinted at the club's AGM in January he would consider his position at the end of the season leaving the road clear for someone to take major control.
Interviewer:       'Would it be fair to describe you as a volatile player?'
David Beckham: 'Well, I can play in the centre on the right and occasionally on the left side.' (Man U)
kopper
LFC Super Member

Postby greenred » Tue Feb 24, 2004 6:43 pm

woof woof ! wrote:You obviously dont speak Thai !
Jeez...........any members on this site over the age of 12 ?

Why would I need to speak Thai on a site for Liverpool supporters??? Take deep breaths, speak in clear english, and people may understand whatever it is your trying to express.
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby big al » Tue Feb 24, 2004 7:52 pm

Tell him to p#ss off.  Liverpool doe'sent need a business amn to buy the club we need David Moores to waken up!.  There are thousands of Liverpool fans throughout the world who have the money to buy the club, but its privately owned and unless Moores decides to sell his stake then all the talk in meaningless we are not a PLC and are not governed by takeover rules.  If Moores does sell just watch the scramble both within and outside football circles.
"Football Is the greatest democracy of all, That's providing your not Italian and pay the referee" Big al 2006
big al
LFC Elite Member

Postby big al » Tue Feb 24, 2004 7:53 pm

Tell him to p#ss off.  Liverpool doe'sent need a business man to buy the club we need David Moores to waken up!.  There are thousands of Liverpool fans throughout the world who have the money to buy the club, but its privately owned and unless Moores decides to sell his stake then all the talk in meaningless we are not a PLC and are not governed by takeover rules.  If Moores does sell just watch the scramble both within and outside football circles.
"Football Is the greatest democracy of all, That's providing your not Italian and pay the referee" Big al 2006
big al
LFC Elite Member

Postby ynwa » Tue Feb 24, 2004 11:45 pm

i want a true red to take over at anfield someone who has passion for the club and want them back where they be long ruling the world
rafalution
18/5
god is back
ynwa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion