Pre season 2008/2009 - Official thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Thingy » Sat May 10, 2008 1:59 am

I know its a little early, but I thought id make a topic on the pre season this summer. Where the lads will be going, all matches etc. I heard we were goin to switzerland for a training camp like we did last year, and ive heard were goin to Dubai, not sure if its true though. I know there wont be a pre season match for about 6 weeks or so, but over the coming weeks there will be umpteen threads on things like " Henry spotted at Melwood" , so just a little destaction from that.
Thingy

Postby greenbyname_redbynature » Sat May 10, 2008 2:15 am

nanny red was asking about it earlier as well thingy, you might of seen it if not then i assume for nothing more than spreading the name of the club we'll do america and asia again.

yanks as owners, only natural we go over there before united and chelsea who've both done the american tour get a firm foothold over there and as for asia hicks has been hinting at us not being big enough over there, so another tour would only help that side of things (and his back pocket) even more.
greenbyname_redbynature

Postby lakes10 » Sat May 10, 2008 1:21 pm

I think in the takeover deal there was a part about the club playing 4 games in America this summer.
Then it was 2 games in Hong Kong.

Things have moved on now they might have changed.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Torres25 » Sat May 10, 2008 2:28 pm

Hey i seen Sergio Agueros name under hot topics on the liverpoolfc.tv site just now but im not a member so i cant c what its about pls pls can any1 on here tell me its because weve been linked with a move 2 him

appreciate it if any1 could
Torres25

Postby flamingpoe » Sat May 10, 2008 3:23 pm

If the papers really wanted a big transfer target then they should look at Sergio Aguero, he is the player benitez has wanted for a while he couldn't afford to buy him when he last moved but he has had him watched regularly and feels that he would be perfect for the premiership.

this was on the bbc website link here! -
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/A33362471
flamingpoe

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat May 10, 2008 4:34 pm

flamingpoe wrote:If the papers really wanted a big transfer target then they should look at Sergio Aguero, he is the player benitez has wanted for a while he couldn't afford to buy him when he last moved but he has had him watched regularly and feels that he would be perfect for the premiership.

he's a class act, but is he strong enough for the Prem?
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Sat May 10, 2008 6:00 pm

7_Kewell wrote:
flamingpoe wrote:If the papers really wanted a big transfer target then they should look at Sergio Aguero, he is the player benitez has wanted for a while he couldn't afford to buy him when he last moved but he has had him watched regularly and feels that he would be perfect for the premiership.

some people (including myself) said the same for Torres. If he's good enough, he's good enough for the Prem, simple as.

So anyway, pre season already. Sort of. This year has been a bit of a blur. It feels like there was little talk of football. This season was undoubtedly blighted by the shambles that is our board room. If it persists into the Summer, then we're going to be f*cked again for next season. The biggest and best news this pre season should be the news that either the Yanks have f*cked off back to Dixie or at least we have one of them taking sole charge and backing us and the manager and taking us forward, although I'd prefer they all just done one, including Coco.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Sat May 10, 2008 6:28 pm

I think one of the Yanks taking over is perhaps the worst thing that could happen mate. As soon as one of them takes over the boardroom will be restructured and Moores and Parry will become at best peripheral figures. There will be no check on the excesses that Hicks (in all probability) will be able to undertake. Huge loans against the club, sale of players, change of manager etc etc.

At least while Hicks and Gillett are in opposite corners we have a semblance of status quo (not the group) even if it means we cannot progress as fast as we would like. I just hope that DIC come in sooner rather than later and start to move both the club and the stadium forwards while providing the funds for team building.

I really do think I would prefer the two of them fighting rather than one of them winning and taking complete control.
account deleted by request

Postby NANNY RED » Sat May 10, 2008 7:23 pm

im killing myself laughin is anyone watching Kenny and his mrs on ITV on mr and mrs hes class
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby greenbyname_redbynature » Sat May 10, 2008 7:38 pm

NANNY RED wrote:im killing myself laughin is anyone watching Kenny and his mrs on ITV on mr and mrs hes class

kenny's the complainer  :laugh:
greenbyname_redbynature

Postby Torres25 » Sat May 10, 2008 8:32 pm

Emerald love the Y.N.W.A Liver Bird pic m8

im nickin it lol
Torres25

Postby NANNY RED » Sat May 10, 2008 9:55 pm

greenbyname_redbynature wrote:
NANNY RED wrote:im killing myself laughin is anyone watching Kenny and his mrs on ITV on mr and mrs hes class

kenny's the complainer  :laugh:

How come hes got a red card he never had one five minutes ago what have you said now
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sat May 10, 2008 10:28 pm

Emerald Red wrote:
7_Kewell wrote:

some people (including myself) said the same for Torres. If he's good enough, he's good enough for the Prem, simple as.

So anyway, pre season already. Sort of. This year has been a bit of a blur. It feels like there was little talk of football. This season was undoubtedly blighted by the shambles that is our board room. If it persists into the Summer, then we're going to be f*cked again for next season. The biggest and best news this pre season should be the news that either the Yanks have f*cked off back to Dixie or at least we have one of them taking sole charge and backing us and the manager and taking us forward, although I'd prefer they all just done one, including Coco.

I think he would be great for us but I dont think we could afford him now. We had our chance before but didnt push hard enough. Wherever he goes next it will be for big bucks, 15mil plus imo. Im not saying that we cant spend like that still but definatley not for the time being.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Pepe25 » Sat May 10, 2008 10:33 pm

I wonder if any of the players who beat aston villa d other nite will be given a chance.........it would be nice if someone like nemeth was to be the wonder kid of the premier next yr..... a question geared towards followers of them - do any of them have  the quality to make it big time!
Pepe25

Postby flamingpoe » Sat May 10, 2008 11:28 pm

nemeth is a good player, but if i had to pick n e one for our first team dani pacheco, would be the one at barca before he signed for us he reportedly raijkard said bojan, him and dos santos were the pic of the bunch, the otha two are stunningly good so dani must be good, as to paying out 15m for aguero, to be honest if it was me i wud fund his move with many of our players, i wud probs sacrifice 2-3 of our dont deserve to play for and buy him!!, hella take your pic from this bunch!
voronin, crouch, pennant, benayoun.......i like a benayoun, but he is still all the same replaceable
so many kids around at the mo, take a look at these soz but they are youtube!!, maypax i dont need any sarcasticness!! :D :D
marcelo moreno - incredible kid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Ye-_Mz2-WI
freddy adu - winger replacement, damsite improvement on pennant!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGFO-qiuC38
theres more, but they should do for a while!
flamingpoe

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion