NURI SAHIN- Official thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:57 pm

damjan193 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:30 am wrote:Even if Sahin wants to stay, there's no way Mourinho would want to get rid of him. Isn't that the main reason he came to us and not to Arsenal? Because they wanted to have an option to buy him at the end of the season but Mourinho didn't want to sell.

From the Metro

It is understood that the Gunners had agreed to hand over a £2 million loan fee, plus pay most of Sahin's wages, only for Liverpool to trump that by promising a £5 million fee and to cover all salary and relocation costs.
Liverpool have also promised Sahin regular playing time, and working under Jose Mourinho's close friend Brendan Rodgers has been a pull, as the 23-year-old still harbours ambitions of making the Madrid first-team next season.

Liverpool are not expected to have an automatic option to buy Sahin next summer, but will get the first refusal if he is put up for sale.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ben Patrick » Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:04 pm

Looks a top player.

Great range of passing, and positionally very clever.

I am loving the way he is getting himself in goalscoring positions as well, that's a knack that.

It's very hard to say whether we will have a chance of him staying, it will depend on so many factors.

How the season goes, how he settles and whats happening with the manager and squad at Madrid.

It's best just to enjoy having him here at the moment.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby devaney » Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:02 pm

Boxscarf » Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:37 pm wrote:
Kenny Kan » Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:53 am wrote:If he enjoys his time here and bangs in goals, gets on with team mates etc then I can't see why a permanent move wouldn't be out of the question.

It depends on two things a) will Real want to sell? b) can we afford him?

I would love to see him here on a permanent basis, but we shall see...

Nail on head! The major problem is that he wasn't playing for RM and they wanted him to experience first team football at a very high level. The difficulty is that every time he plays well the price goes up or RM decide they won't sell and will wait for his value to increase.We have been seriously stuffed by RM in the past with Owen and Steve McManaman so I hope there is something in the transfer contract that we do not know about. How long is left on his contract with RM?
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby parchpea » Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:07 pm

Madrid are tough to do business with as has been proven in the past so we
will have to pay the top price for Sahin or someone else will.

Players do return after loans but you get the impression hes a bit like Acqua
was for us and just didnt hit it off over there and lets face it they will keep
on buying so he will be even further down the pecking order.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:06 pm

devaney » Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:02 pm wrote:
Boxscarf » Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:37 pm wrote:
Kenny Kan » Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:53 am wrote:If he enjoys his time here and bangs in goals, gets on with team mates etc then I can't see why a permanent move wouldn't be out of the question.

It depends on two things a) will Real want to sell? b) can we afford him?

I would love to see him here on a permanent basis, but we shall see...

Nail on head! The major problem is that he wasn't playing for RM and they wanted him to experience first team football at a very high level. The difficulty is that every time he plays well the price goes up or RM decide they won't sell and will wait for his value to increase.We have been seriously stuffed by RM in the past with Owen and Steve McManaman so I hope there is something in the transfer contract that we do not know about. How long is left on his contract with RM?

he penned a deal last year to sign for 6 years :down: .no way is this lad going to be cheap should real want to sell.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:10 pm

here's rodgers answer to the journo who asked him the same thing
http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/foot ... 92859.html
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby stmichael » Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:03 pm

pretty pointless speculating on his future really. i think we should just enjoy him while he's here. absolutely class player.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:31 pm

way too early to be discussing stuff like this after a couple of games. Wait until the season has finished and, if he's played a huge part in getting us towards the top 4, then ask Real how much they want.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:12 am

If FSG and Rodgers have him on the team sheet week in and week out and they think he's  a big part player in the setup and the future success of this club then the money will be paid. They won't wave him off at the airport and turn to each other and say "shame we couldn't afford him" when they have cleared out millions in wages already. don't panic, if he's good enough he'll be here next year I'm sure.
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:25 pm

Roger Red Hat » Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:12 am wrote:If FSG and Rodgers have him on the team sheet week in and week out and they think he's  a big part player in the setup and the future success of this club then the money will be paid. They won't wave him off at the airport and turn to each other and say "shame we couldn't afford him" when they have cleared out millions in wages already. don't panic, if he's good enough he'll be here next year I'm sure.

Pretty much agree with this, I'm sure if he's a success that not only will we want to keep him, but he'll want to stay as well. He's already saying really positive things about the club so there's signs he's enjoying it. Real are spoilt for midfielders anyway and brought in another in the summer in Modric, I don't think they can guarantee him anything near to first team football
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby Waldo » Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:34 am

Sahin gives us a realgood balance and will improve further with games. A combination 3 of Gerrard, Allen, Sahin, Lucas and even Shelvey excites me and offers a strong midfield IMO.
Waldo
LFC Super Member

Postby The Hustler » Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:32 pm

You is da man nuri
The Hustler
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Rush Job » Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:18 pm

We`ve got the best midfield in the world, we`ve got the best midfield in the world.................................. cant make the rest ryme lol
Dont judge a book by the cover, unless you cover just another, because blind exceptance is a sign,
Of stupid fools who stand in line......  Like..
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boxscarf » Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:51 pm

Rush Job » Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:18 pm wrote:We`ve got the best midfield in the world, we`ve got the best midfield in the world.................................. cant make the rest ryme lol

Neither can the supporters in FIFA 13, so I wouldn't worry about it.
Boxscarf

Postby The Hustler » Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:45 pm

Subbed off far too early today
The Hustler
LFC Advanced Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion