NURI SAHIN- Official thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby The Hustler » Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:05 pm

I want to see Sahin start every game. He, joe allen + stevie in midfield
The Hustler
LFC Advanced Member

Postby maguskwt » Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:53 am

Sahin is just very cool and collected on the ball... his passing and technique is effortless. He reminds me of Alonso albeit the latter plays deeper. I have a feeling though, we will lose him after the loan spell. A player of this calibre, would want to make his name at Real Madrid not at Liverpool FC at our current state. He is here to resurrect his career, after that he will move on...

PS. If against all odds he signs permanently, I will be over the moon... But that will depend on alot of factors, one of which, whether he is personally happy to be at Liverpool...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Octsky » Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:12 am

maguskwt » Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:53 am wrote:Sahin is just very cool and collected on the ball... his passing and technique is effortless. He reminds me of Alonso albeit the latter plays deeper. I have a feeling though, we will lose him after the loan spell. A player of this calibre, would want to make his name at Real Madrid not at Liverpool FC at our current state. He is here to resurrect his career, after that he will move on...

PS. If against all odds he signs permanently, I will be over the moon... But that will depend on alot of factors, one of which, whether he is personally happy to be at Liverpool...

if kaka counldnt get into RM team, how will sahin get into that team?
he is not stupid, he wont go back to RM to sit on the bench. and if RM dont win the league this season, most likely morhino, who is a big fan of sahin, wont be there. morhino also "put words" that he loves to manage the BPL again.
my only concern is RM will screw us again by demanding a huge fee for sahin.
Octsky
LFC Super Member

Postby Kenny Kan » Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:53 am

If he enjoys his time here and bangs in goals, gets on with team mates etc then I can't see why a permanent move wouldn't be out of the question.
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby metalhead » Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:18 pm

Fantastic player, his passing yesterday was phenomenal and so was his movement.

He is a modern box to box midfielder.

Let's not worry that he is on loan shall we, we will see what happens next summer
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:59 pm

Octsky » Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:12 am wrote:
maguskwt » Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:53 am wrote:Sahin is just very cool and collected on the ball... his passing and technique is effortless. He reminds me of Alonso albeit the latter plays deeper. I have a feeling though, we will lose him after the loan spell. A player of this calibre, would want to make his name at Real Madrid not at Liverpool FC at our current state. He is here to resurrect his career, after that he will move on...

if kaka counldnt get into RM team, how will sahin get into that team?
he is not stupid, he wont go back to RM to sit on the bench. and if RM dont win the league this season, most likely morhino, who is a big fan of sahin, wont be there. morhino also "put words" that he loves to manage the BPL again.
my only concern is RM will screw us again by demanding a huge fee for sahin.

someone asked an echo journalist wether sahin will stay beyond the end of the season in a Q&A session (printed in the back of saturdays pink echo) and the journo said sahin will return to madrid because basically madrid have made it quite clear from the outset they want him back. madrid arent interested in selling him.
as you say though a lot can change in a season, there might be a new manager at madrid or modric and alonso could look like a pair of world beaters and sahin might not like the idea of spending a season on the bench, especially when he could be playing in the CL for us  :;):
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Kukilon » Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:07 pm

If we treat him right he will want to stay and why would "Los putos blancos" want him back then?

I said it from the start and I'm not usually wrong. Sahin is a gem that just needs to find a place where he can thrive. Real Madrid is not the right place for him in this time in his career. He is the sort of player that wants to feel the support of all around him.
Kukilon
LFC Super Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:02 pm

Kukilon » Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:07 pm wrote:If we treat him right he will want to stay and why would "Los putos blancos" want him back then?

I said it from the start and I'm not usually wrong. Sahin is a gem that just needs to find a place where he can thrive. Real Madrid is not the right place for him in this time in his career. He is the sort of player that wants to feel the support of all around him.

I think its "Los putas blancos"
:laugh:
Thommo's perm

Postby Boxscarf » Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:37 pm

Kenny Kan » Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:53 am wrote:If he enjoys his time here and bangs in goals, gets on with team mates etc then I can't see why a permanent move wouldn't be out of the question.

It depends on two things a) will Real want to sell? b) can we afford him?

I would love to see him here on a permanent basis, but we shall see...
Boxscarf

Postby Roger Red Hat » Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:27 am

if he puts a shift in like he has for the last few games and becomes the player we hope he will then we can afford him. John Henry won't let a transfer fee get in the way of the rebuild.
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boxscarf » Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:35 am

Roger Red Hat » Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:27 am wrote:if he puts a shift in like he has for the last few games and becomes the player we hope he will then we can afford him. John Henry won't let a transfer fee get in the way of the rebuild.

I've yet to be convinced by that. John W Henry is insistant that Rodgers spends the money the club generates, so if Real Madrid want £30m for Sahin, then I doubt we'll sign him.
Last edited by Boxscarf on Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Boxscarf

Postby Boocity » Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:53 am

Boxscarf » Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:35 am wrote:
Roger Red Hat » Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:27 am wrote:if he puts a shift in like he has for the last few games and becomes the player we hope he will then we can afford him. John Henry won't let a transfer fee get in the way of the rebuild.

I've yet to be convinced by that. John W Henry is assistant that Rodgers spends the money the club generates, so if Real Madrid want £30m for Sahin, then I doubt we'll sign him.

He spent £35m on Carroll didn't he, ok I know we got £50m for Torres but he still spent it and its getting pretty obvious that a number of players are going to be surplus to BR's requirements so that would go towards the fee for a player you wanted. Anyway its all hypothetical at the moment.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boxscarf » Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:09 pm

Boocity » Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:53 am wrote:
He spent £35m on Carroll didn't he, ok I know we got £50m for Torres but he still spent it and its getting pretty obvious that a number of players are going to be surplus to BR's requirements so that would go towards the fee for a player you wanted. Anyway its all hypothetical at the moment.

He sanctioned the £35m, you're right, but as you say that was from the sale of Fernando Torres. I'm not so sure FSG will be impressed with us spending £30m a piece on a footballer, or at least that's the impression I get.

As for Sahin, if he has a good season here, then I feel he'll go back to Real Madrid. There is a good opportunity for Sahin to cement himself in the Madrid first team. Kaka is seemingly on his way out of the club at some point, Xabi Alonso is getting older now, Essien is just on loan, Ozil seems to be linked with us as he seems to have fallen down in the pecking order with the arrival of Luka Modric. So who knows...
Boxscarf

Postby damjan193 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:30 pm

Even if Sahin wants to stay, there's no way Mourinho would want to get rid of him. Isn't that the main reason he came to us and not to Arsenal? Because they wanted to have an option to buy him at the end of the season but Mourinho didn't want to sell.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Boxscarf » Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:53 pm

More than likely, I mean they sold Granero to QPR so they are not exactly housing a large number of young midfield players in the same bracket of quality that Sahin is in. Alonso is nearly 31, Khedira is still quite young and they have also offloaded Lassana Diarra too. If Sahin has a very bright season here, then I'm 99% positive he'll remain at Madrid. He's an exceptional young talent and they'd be mad to sell him in all honesty.
Boxscarf

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion