NURI SAHIN- Official thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Thommo's perm » Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:07 pm

Fowler_E7 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:31 pm wrote:Im very disappointed that he was allowed to leave, Sahin has 10 times more talent that Joe Allen or Henderson

He didnt have the balls or the mentality for the Prem
He wanted to try it and failed so he is back where he belongs in germany
Thommo's perm

Postby Reg » Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:13 am

Nuri Sahin feeling back 'home' after failed loan spell at Liverpool

Monday 04 March 2013
Few would see having a loan spell at Liverpool cancelled as a career boost, but Nuri Sahin has always trodden his own path. Sahin had signed a six-year contract with Real Madrid in the summer of 2011 but Jose Mourinho let him go out on loan after he failed to break into the first team and he arrived at Anfield on a season-long deal in August 2012 as one of Brendan Rodgers' first acquisitions.

Upon his arrival he professed admiration for such a "big club" and said he had been impressed by the manager. However, just 12 appearances and three goals later, Sahin was gone. He was reported to have fallen out with Rodgers when the German-born Turkey international complained he was being played out of position.

The January transfer window provided him with the opportunity to return on loan to Borussia Dortmund, where the deep-lying playmaker made his name, and where he has quickly slotted into his favoured role in front of the defence.

"It was a good experience," he said of England. "Of course, it didn't end the way I wanted, but Liverpool is a huge club and a very good organisation. I'm sure it'll be good for my future career."
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kash_Mountain » Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:01 pm

From today's tabloid:

"Nuri Slams Kop Boss

Nuri Sahin has said Liverpool Manager Bredan Rogers was the reason he flopped in the EPL. The midfielder only featured 12 times for Liverpool after joining from RM and was quickly moved on in January after failing to flourish. 'Rodgers wanted me to play as a 10, but I do not play behind the forwards' Sahin said. 'I asked him why I was playing there. The boss could not answer. I have left Brendan Rodgers thanks be to God"

Don't know why, but that last bit in particular really made me laugh.

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby jacdaniel » Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:13 pm

Kash_Mountain » Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:01 pm wrote:From today's tabloid:

"Nuri Slams Kop Boss

Nuri Sahin has said Liverpool Manager Bredan Rogers was the reason he flopped in the EPL. The midfielder only featured 12 times for Liverpool after joining from RM and was quickly moved on in January after failing to flourish. 'Rodgers wanted me to play as a 10, but I do not play behind the forwards' Sahin said. 'I asked him why I was playing there. The boss could not answer. I have left Brendan Rodgers thanks be to God"

I think it could be a poor literal translational from one language into English. 

Disappointed with him for saying this though.  Plenty of players get played out of position these days and just have to deal with it.
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:33 pm

The reality was he didn't cut in the Premier. He was played at numerous times in the centre of the park and was anonymous for most of the performances. I didn't hide my disdain when we signed him, glad he went.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kash_Mountain » Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:39 pm

jacdaniel » Mar 15th, '13, 14:13 wrote:
Kash_Mountain » Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:01 pm wrote:From today's tabloid:

"Nuri Slams Kop Boss

I think it could be a poor literal translational from one language into English. 

Disappointed with him for saying this though.  Plenty of players get played out of position these days and just have to deal with it.

Yep i'm not happy that he's made the comments either. To play in the EPL these days, a player has to/should be versatile.

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby bunglemark2 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:22 pm

Has he even played for BVB since he went back ?
Sounds like a wee whingeing git if you ask me....talented, but a whiner.
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby 7_Kewell » Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:42 pm

With an attitude like that, it's little wonder he flopped at Real.

Good riddence
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fowler_E7 » Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:58 am

cant see what hes said there thats so bad, he was played out of position here by a manager who didnt know what to do with him, he didnt like it so he left, these things happen in football.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby killerp » Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:28 am

He didn't really want to be here & nobody will miss him. Good riddance.
killerp

Postby kazza » Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:27 am

Fowler_E7 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:58 pm wrote:cant see what hes said there thats so bad, he was played out of position here by a manager who didnt know what to do with him, he didnt like it so he left, these things happen in football.

He is a professional making a huge amount of money. You do what your boss tells you and don't complain, he is just justifying why he did not do well. Great players find a way, not make excuses.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:50 am

kazza » Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:27 am wrote:
Fowler_E7 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:58 pm wrote:cant see what hes said there thats so bad, he was played out of position here by a manager who didnt know what to do with him, he didnt like it so he left, these things happen in football.

He is a professional making a huge amount of money. You do what your boss tells you and don't complain, he is just justifying why he did not do well. Great players find a way, not make excuses.

Yeah imagine Gerrard taking that stance when he was asked to play right wing for the season under Benitez?

Gerrard didn't complain, applied himself and had a stormer of a season. A true professional, not an average diva.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:59 am

Well Gerrard did complain in private and also told Hodgson exactly where he wanted to play. Carra also complained about playing both left back and right back under Rafa.

I don't blame Sahin - when you chase someone that hard then when you get them you play them in the position that gets the best out of them.

Sahin didn't complain in public when it was going on.

Both share blame - BR for not playing him in his best position and therefore not getting the best out of a quality player and Sahin for giving up quickly.

The problem for Sahin was Allen - BR was always going to prefer Allen.
Benny The Noon

Postby JC_81 » Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:17 am

Benny you're talking gibberish mate.

Sahin had enough chances in central midfield.  He wasn't just average or even below par, he was compoletely anonymous in some games and didn't look like he fancied the physical side at all.  Very much like Aquilani.  Same type of fancy dan midfielder who wants to play with the ball at his feet without actually earning the right to have the ball in the first place.  I don't think it had much to do with what role he was given in the midfield, that sounds like an excuse to me.  Rodgers ended up pushing him forward because he couldn't rely on him to protect the back four in a deeper role, surely that was obvious to everyone?
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:25 am

He had 7 leagues ? You really think that's enough chances ?

In that case lets get rid of both Allen and Borini and plenty more players who have performed poorly.

Players need longer that 7 league games to settle into the league. It's ridiculous.
Benny The Noon

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion