NURI SAHIN- Official thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:16 pm

celtic-red! » Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:37 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:12 pm wrote:i dont think we`ll win it (not consistent enough) but i think we`ll be there or thereabouts (within 10 points), i honestly dont think the other teams are that good this year.
plus i wouldnt read too much into the west brom game, i watched the whole game again on LFC TV and when we had 11 men on the pitch we werent bad, granted after agger went off it was a total collapse but up to that point we were quite good. as i was watching it i remember thinking to myself `how the f**k did we lose this 3-0?` we seemed to have the game under control.

for us to be within 10 points it will need suarez to hit 25+ EPL goals.

We will need to hit 70+ goals just to hit the top 4.

i pointed out in another thread how difficult it is to score over 20 LEAGUE goals in a season, rush only managed it 4 times in 15 seasons at anfield and dalglish and fowler only managed to do it twice in their 10 years at the club.
the likes of owen and keegan never did it.
so you may have a point!
i just think we have massively underachieved recently, a team with the likes of suarez, sahin, gerrard, agger, reina, skrtel, lucas, johnson and allen in it should be challenging for the title imo.
if ferguson had those players i think he`d go close.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Rush Job » Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:21 pm

ethanr » Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:58 am wrote:
Raoul » Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:53 pm wrote:I don't think Gerrard is seen as part of the front three, I think he is seen as the forward most midfielder, despite his successful season on the right all those years ago.

In our current squad, I'd agree.  In a squad with 4 class CM's in Gerrard, Lucas, Sahin and Allen, I can see him pushed out wide.  Rogers is clearly willing to try something different, switching Downing to the right (A decision I agree with when it comes to Downing) and even as a full back. I also noticed that when Downing would push forward, Agger switched to LB and Spearing dropped in with Carra in the back, pretty much shifting us to a 4-4-2 to ensure we couldn't be caught on the counter.

I think he'd give Stevie a go as the right sided attacker, or even in the middle as a supporting striker.

yeh i noticed that too. Venables 96 side did it to great effect too, different formation but if you remember Mcmanaman and Anderton were the wing backs with Pearce and Neville playing either side of Adams. When defending Ince would often drop in beside Adams and pearce and Neville would move out to their natural possitions.
if you want to play with true attacking fullbacks or wing backs you need a player in the middle who can drop in centre defence to make the 4 when need be, we`ll maybe see some of this by Lucas this season.
Dont judge a book by the cover, unless you cover just another, because blind exceptance is a sign,
Of stupid fools who stand in line......  Like..
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby celtic-red! » Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:26 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:16 pm wrote:
celtic-red! » Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:37 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:12 pm wrote:i dont think we`ll win it (not consistent enough) but i think we`ll be there or thereabouts (within 10 points), i honestly dont think the other teams are that good this year.
plus i wouldnt read too much into the west brom game, i watched the whole game again on LFC TV and when we had 11 men on the pitch we werent bad, granted after agger went off it was a total collapse but up to that point we were quite good. as i was watching it i remember thinking to myself `how the f**k did we lose this 3-0?` we seemed to have the game under control.

for us to be within 10 points it will need suarez to hit 25+ EPL goals.

We will need to hit 70+ goals just to hit the top 4.

i pointed out in another thread how difficult it is to score over 20 LEAGUE goals in a season, rush only managed it 4 times in 15 seasons at anfield and dalglish and fowler only managed to do it twice in their 10 years at the club.
the likes of owen and keegan never did it.
so you may have a point!

i just think we have massively underachieved recently, a team with the likes of suarez, sahin, gerrard, agger, reina, skrtel, lucas, johnson and allen in it should be challenging for the title imo.
if ferguson had those players i think he`d go close.

Challenging is a big ask mate.  Remember that we are trying to change the way we play @ the same time.

If Suarez can score lots of goals and everyone else chips in then we should have a good season.  Problem we have had for years is that the midfield doesnt score goals.  I am not sure if Gerrard can get 12-15 anymore.

Borini will have to get his fair share this season.

Last few years we have had no creativity so hopefully sahin will hit the ground running and we will see a huge difference.
celtic-red!
LFC Basic Member

Postby Johnny Boy » Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:28 pm

Sahin will hopefully give us that flair and creativity we lack.
I still think we need a goalscorer too though.
Johnny Boy
LFC Super Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:39 pm

Proof that drugs are bad for you.
Benny The Noon

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:45 pm

[quote="celtic-red! » Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:26 pm

Challenging is a big ask mate.  Remember that we are trying to change the way we play @ the same time.

If Suarez can score lots of goals and everyone else chips in then we should have a good season.  Problem we have had for years is that the midfield doesnt score goals.  I am not sure if Gerrard can get 12-15 anymore.

Borini will have to get his fair share this season.

Last few years we have had no creativity so hopefully sahin will hit the ground running and we will see a huge difference.

yeah you make a good point about goals from midfield, lucas and allen arent going to score many and neither is sahin.
it`s a big ask to expect a 21 year old forward to chip in with 15 goals in his first season too.
that could be our achilles heel.
good points well made mate.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby maguskwt » Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:46 pm

no option to buy is not very good...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:50 pm

maguskwt » Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:46 pm wrote:no option to buy is not very good...

Not much we can do about it - we have 10 months to sell the club to him now
Benny The Noon

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:26 pm

Benny The Noon » Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:50 pm wrote:
maguskwt » Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:46 pm wrote:no option to buy is not very good...

Not much we can do about it - we have 10 months to sell the club to him now

thats pretty much it.
its only a short period also for sahin to show he's worth the effort.he needs to adapt pretty quickly.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Boxscarf » Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:45 pm

maguskwt » Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:46 pm wrote:no option to buy is not very good...

I was under the impression that Mourinho has Sahin in his plans for the future, so instead of letting him set on the Real bench has decided to loan him out so he can get some much needed first team football under his belt.
Boxscarf

Postby JC_81 » Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:46 pm

I'm not worried that there's no option to buy Sahin with this deal.

It's rare that a player goes out on loan for a season then comes back into the fold and makes an impact at the parent club.  Certainly it would be rare for a 23 year old, we're not talking about a 17 or 18 year old here like a Beckham to Preston loan for example.  I'll go out on a limb and say Sahin won't be playing in the Real Madrid first team for the 2013/14 season.  Madrid will probably have Modric by then and will have their eye on other up and coming talent.

He'll either do well here and we'll try and make the deal permanent next summer or he won't play well and Madrid will loan him out or sell him to someone else next season.  There is the chance though that he does well and other teams come in for him next summer and out-bid us.  If we're not in the Champions League by then it'll likely be bye bye Sahin.

It's still a good deal though I think.  Low-risk compared to some of our dealings over recent seasons.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby sniffy98 » Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:09 pm

When you think that we have squandered £20m on the likes of Downing and what we are paying Cole for basically doing sod all, this deal is a no brainer. I do think that he is in Madrid's longterm plans though. Sahin will be like Xabi when he first joined.
sniffy98

Postby Boxscarf » Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:16 pm

sniffy98 » Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:09 pm wrote:When you think that we have squandered £20m on the likes of Downing and what we are paying Cole for basically doing sod all, this deal is a no brainer. I do think that he is in Madrid's longterm plans though. Sahin will be like Xabi when he first joined.

Xabi Alonso made a total of 41 appearances in first season with Real Madrid.
Boxscarf

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:38 pm

sniffy98 » Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:09 pm wrote:When you think that we have squandered £20m on the likes of Downing and what we are paying Cole for basically doing sod all, this deal is a no brainer. I do think that he is in Madrid's longterm plans though. Sahin will be like Xabi when he first joined.

he`s definately in madrids long term plans mate because madrid f**ked arsenal off when they insisted on having an option to buy at the end of the loan.
but a season is a long time in football, the situation can easily change, madrid may sign other midfielders (like modric) and alonso looks a long way off being washed up to me so this one year loan deal could easily be extended to 2 or even more, if sahin likes it here and we do well (qualify for the CL) who knows what will happen.
we are not as big as real madrid but we are still a massive club with a huge worldwide following playing in the most popular and watched league in the world, it`s not beyond the realms of possibility that he might want to stay.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby metalhead » Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:56 pm

I think he will be a good signing for this club, even on loan

he will definitely help us immensly in the middle of the park
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion