Next season's ideal eleven - What would be your realistic 11?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby SundanceKid » Mon May 19, 2008 9:26 am

"Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool red"
SundanceKid

Postby cpc4eva » Mon May 19, 2008 11:38 am

interesting line up sundance kid - ud still have finnan ???
cpc4eva

Postby SundanceKid » Mon May 19, 2008 1:39 pm

cpc4eva wrote:interesting line up sundance kid - ud still have finnan ???

I'd think of Finnan as starting XI quality. I would put in Hyypia, but he's not quick enough to hold the far sides, and Agger does a better job in the center. I'd like to say Arbeloa, but it's only a matter of experience. He might be skilled atthe position, but he's too young to be starting every game.
SundanceKid

Postby Redman in wales » Mon May 19, 2008 2:15 pm

SundanceKid wrote:I'd like to say Arbeloa, but it's only a matter of experience. He might be skilled atthe position, but he's too young to be starting every game.

too young?  - He's 25 mate
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stapo1000 » Mon May 19, 2008 7:03 pm

Redman in wales wrote:
SundanceKid wrote:I'd like to say Arbeloa, but it's only a matter of experience. He might be skilled atthe position, but he's too young to be starting every game.

we ahould offload arbeloa. he's slow, error prone and offers nothing going forward
Steve Gerrard Gerrard,
He'll pass the ball 40 yards,
He's quick and he's f*cking hard,
Steve Gerrard Gerrard.
stapo1000
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JoeTerp » Mon May 19, 2008 7:53 pm

stapo1000 wrote:
Redman in wales wrote:

we ahould offload arbeloa. he's slow, error prone and offers nothing going forward

also our most versatile defender, capable of playing across the back 4, was the only undroppable player at the beginning of the season, and is now a full Spanish International.
JoeTerp

Postby account deleted by request » Mon May 19, 2008 7:56 pm

JoeTerp wrote:
stapo1000 wrote:
Redman in wales wrote:

also our most versatile defender, capable of playing across the back 4, was the only undroppable player at the beginning of the season, and is now a full Spanish International.

Hate to p!ss on your chips mate but Carra is our most versatile defender as well as our best. Arbeloa can do a job at either full back position but as a CB he is too lightweight imo.
account deleted by request

Postby Sabre » Mon May 19, 2008 8:04 pm

s@int wrote:
JoeTerp wrote:
stapo1000 wrote:
Redman in wales wrote:

Hate to p!ss on your chips mate but Carra is our most versatile defender as well as our best. Arbeloa can do a job at either full back position but as a CB he is too lightweight imo.

I agree.

Perhaps Joe's opinion is based on we have seen Arbeloa on the left aswell, but then, We saw Carra as a holding mid last season when we had our CM unavailable.

Arbeloa, who was in the Spanish ranking of playes a lesser player than Riera btw, has done a good job here and he's been useful. Still , I agree S@int on this.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Mon May 19, 2008 8:18 pm

Carra is a very good left back too Sabre - when we did the triple in 2001 he was outstanding there all of the season. As a pure defender he is probably the best left back we have had for years- not so much going forward though.

Postby NANNY RED » Mon May 19, 2008 8:43 pm

Sorry for puttin this in here but ive been crackin up laughin someone sent me this joke

On a rare day off, Rafe Benitez was cleaning out his cellar when he came across an old vase. Thinking it was valuable he rubbed it to clean off the dust. To his surprise out popped a Genie who said, "Oh master, I grant you one wish."

Rather surprised, Benitez thought for a while before replying, "Hhmmm… I know! Since I like going to Spain to find young players I would like you to build a bridge from Liverpool to Spain since I don’t like flying and the trains are unreliable - this way I could drive."

"Oh no master," responded the Genie, "that is an impossible request, it would take the will of a thousand genies to grant you that wish - you must choose a task I can grant you."

Benitez mumbled under his breath for a bit before saying, "I have a player in my team who should score more goals, can you make Kuyt into a 20 goals a season player?"

To which the Genie replied, "OK, what colour lights do you want on your bridge."
:laugh:  :laugh: how sad am i
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Mon May 19, 2008 8:56 pm

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Postby The Manhattan Project » Mon May 19, 2008 9:34 pm

We can get Huntelaar.

Ajax only made it into the UEFA Cup.

Sell Crouch and buy KJH
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SundanceKid » Mon May 19, 2008 9:41 pm

The Manhattan Project wrote:We can get Huntelaar.

Sell Crouch and buy KJH

I would cut off a finger so Liverpool could sign Huntelaar
SundanceKid

Postby NANNY RED » Mon May 19, 2008 10:30 pm

SundanceKid wrote:
The Manhattan Project wrote:We can get Huntelaar.

Sell Crouch and buy KJH

I would cut off a finger so Liverpool could sign Huntelaar

Nah i wouldnt go that far  :laugh: maybe a nail
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JoeTerp » Mon May 19, 2008 10:37 pm

Sabre wrote:
s@int wrote:
JoeTerp wrote:
stapo1000 wrote:
Redman in wales wrote:

I agree.

Perhaps Joe's opinion is based on we have seen Arbeloa on the left aswell, but then, We saw Carra as a holding mid last season when we had our CM unavailable.

Arbeloa, who was in the Spanish ranking of playes a lesser player than Riera btw, has done a good job here and he's been useful. Still , I agree S@int on this.

Everyone would have their panties in a bunch if Carra was played regularly at RB, and I am not so sure how well he would do at left back in 2008, so I may still have you there, because Arbeloa played most of the beginning of the season at left back and most of the end of the season at right back, while Carra played about 4 times at fullback.

And if you want to get really technical with it, I guess Stevie G is our most versatile defender, he came up as a right back, and look now he can play all sorts of midfield roles too. Although Arbeloa probably is too lightweight to be a regular man in there at centre half, Rafa trusted him more than Hobbs, and when he did play, the sky didn't fall.   

Anyway, the whole point is that Arbeloa DOES have value to the team and should NOT be sold. He has shown to be good enough to play RB regularly in a winning side, AND if we do bring in the top quality fullbacks, Arbeloa still has value because he can be used as cover for both right and left, and as such Aurelio and Finnan could both be let go.
JoeTerp

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion