Will garcia be in the first eleven next season?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Tiiger » Mon Jul 11, 2005 1:04 pm

Garcia's performance in CL last seaon will be good memories for all my life. However, I doubt about his place in the team next season, especially the first eleven.

First, if we play 4-4-2, than Garcia can't fit in the squad. He's not a good winger, without excellent pace, crossing, vision, strength and tricks. Acutally he's not even comparable to Nunez if we put him on the flank.

Next, if we sign Figo or Aimar, then he will not be the first choice of AMC when we paly 4-3-3. Personally, I think AMC is his best postion, with his creativity and spark of talent. However, I prefer Figo or Aimar much much more.

Finally, he's not the first choice of striker when Cisse is fit or Baros remains.

All in all, Garcia may find himself in the rotation system next season rather than the starting line. Nevertheless, I will be anxious waiting for his next wonder goal. Good luck, Garcia!
Those who forget the past have no future.
Tiiger

Postby Ciggy » Mon Jul 11, 2005 1:22 pm

I think Rafa wants two teams, one for the prem, and one for cup games/europe etc etc............. thats where Luis will figure more, but not against the Blackburns/bitters/Boltons of the world.

Luis Garcia He drinks sangria
He came from Barca
To bring us joy
He's 5 foot 7
He's football heaven
So please dont take my Luis away  :buttrock
Last edited by Ciggy on Mon Jul 11, 2005 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED ANT » Mon Jul 11, 2005 1:22 pm

I really liked the player Garcia was becoming at the end of last season so it would be a shame if he found himself out of the first 11. Although i think we will see more of him at the start of the season as a forward then a winger.
RED ANT

Postby <-alonso-> » Mon Jul 11, 2005 6:18 pm

luis is amazin! he is the creative player in out team, we need him i would never even have a shadow of a doubt that he'll be playin first eleven next season.period.
<-alonso->
(-alex-)
<-alonso->

Postby tubby » Mon Jul 11, 2005 6:29 pm

Its true hes scored a lot of memorable and important goals but it should also be remembered that when he has played good he has shone but when he has played bad he has been disastrous at times giving the ball away in the most simplist situations. We cant afford that this year but also we dont have any injuries right now either. Im sure he will figure some part in the new campaign but with the arrival of Sissoko, Gonzalez and Zenden with the possibility of more still to come, its not looking to good. Its obvious that Rafa is planning on challangind on all fronts this year and is building a huge squad.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby adamnbarrett » Mon Jul 11, 2005 6:32 pm

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:I think Rafa wants two teams, one for the prem, and one for cup games/europe etc etc............. thats where Luis will figure more, but not against the Blackburns/bitters/Boltons of the world.

He came from Barca
To bring us joy
He's 5 foot 7
He's football heaven

Yer I agree with you ciggy. He's already said he wants to rotate and he wants to have 2 teams.

He came from Barca
To bring us joy
He's 5 foot 7
He's football heaven
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Mon Jul 11, 2005 7:23 pm

Remember we had quite a small squad last year considering all the injuries. He must have said to them all that you mauy not play every game but thats cos we wanna win every trophey.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby barnesrush » Mon Jul 11, 2005 7:33 pm

gerrard   alonso
figo      garcia         zenden/kewell
            moro

possible champ league line up i reckon
cut me and i bleed red
barnesrush

Postby 115-1073096938 » Mon Jul 11, 2005 7:39 pm

get back on champ manager lad.
115-1073096938

Postby Fernando Morientes > 19 < » Mon Jul 11, 2005 7:40 pm

RB's desire is to rotate the squad and i guess Luis Garcia will play a major role for us in the coming campaign, whether in the premiership or on the european stage.
Last edited by Fernando Morientes > 19 < on Mon Jul 11, 2005 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"He is the player that Liverpool have been looking for." - Ian Rush
Fernando Morientes > 19 <
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby El Nino_#9 » Mon Jul 11, 2005 8:12 pm

garcia will start as many games as possible.
rafa is very fond of king luis.
El Nino_#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Red Indian » Mon Jul 11, 2005 8:47 pm

I think Garcia will start a fair few games, although not as much as last year.  In most away games he was mostly anonymous.  With a new right winger on the way (plus i've heard Gonzales can also play right wing) Garcia will get fewer games. The extra competition can only be a good thing though.  When players like Garcia do get a chance next year, they will be busting a gut to stay in the team.
Red Indian

Postby mighty mo » Mon Jul 11, 2005 8:59 pm

passmeistro_#14 wrote:garcia will start as many games as possible.
rafa is very fond of king luis.

perfectly put
mighty mo
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Mon Jul 11, 2005 9:04 pm

Garcia got better and better as last season went on and he will figure big in Rafa's plans next season.

Its a squad game though and everyone will have to play their part, just look at last season.  Garcia won't start every game, but don't expect key players like alonso, morientes and Hyypia to start every game either, even when fit.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby charwell » Tue Jul 12, 2005 1:52 am

Garcia is a joy to watch at times and I love the lad. I think he will be used in most home games plus Europe. I doubt he will be in 1st 11 when we play the likes of Sunderland away. This should keep him fresh for what is gonna be a long season for all.
charwell

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion