LIVERPOOL VS BIRMINGHAM - All the build up..................

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Ciggy » Mon Jan 30, 2006 2:07 pm

Wednesday night a struggling Birmingham team come to Anfield, loads of euporia with the return of GOD, Anfield will be electric, when GOD warms up.
Hope to see Luis Garcia returning to the squad cause weve relly missed him.
Will Rafa keep his faith in an out of form Morientes?
They have beaten us earlier this season and this fixture last year they beat us aswell.
We need these 3 points with the tricky away fixture to Chelsea on sunday and with Spurs right behind us.

Reina

Finnan                Carra           Hyypia            Riise

Kromkamp           Gerrard         Alonso            Kewell

Crouch
                                    Fowler

Subs: Carson, Garcia (hopefully), Hamann, Traore, Agger?.
Last edited by Ciggy on Mon Jan 30, 2006 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Mon Jan 30, 2006 2:09 pm

i'll tell u one thing. birmingham are not gonna be relishing coming to anfield to the site and sound of fowler training. it will be class... pure different class.

i might actually put cisse on the right wing tho, hes got the pace to destroy the birmingham left back and is starting to whip in some crosses. but as u all know im sticking by cisse til the end
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Mon Jan 30, 2006 2:13 pm

I rather see Robbie on the bench and come on in the last twenty minutes
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Mon Jan 30, 2006 2:15 pm

Traore on the bench? Come off it Lyndsey.

Kromkamp on the right? Can't agree with that either.

Fowler will probably be on the bench, used sparingly if we're winning or need a goal. Hopefully though he'll start because we all know he'll score if he does start.

The atmosphere will be amazing, something Birmingham will never have experienced before.

Personally i think Fowler should start, he'll get through the match on adreniline and support and he could probably net a goal on his return if he starts. However if he's on the bench then i can understand why as he'll probably lack match sharpness and fitness. If we need a goal he'll provide a major boost, if he starts, he'll probably score in a rout.

My only worry is i wouldn't want him eased in at 2-0/3-0. I'd rather he started as it would build up his fitness better than strolling round at when the games already won. It would also give the crowd something to shout about from the start.

The way the atmosphere will be on wednesday, if the tactics are correct, the fans will motivate the team so it would be a high score for us. Thats not me overestimating the team, thats me anticipating a big night atmosphere which Birmingham won't be able to live with.

Liverpool 4       Birmingham 0
Gerrard
Crouch
Fowler
Alonso
115-1073096938

Postby 115-1073096938 » Mon Jan 30, 2006 2:16 pm

dawson99 wrote:i'll tell u one thing. birmingham are not gonna be relishing coming to anfield to the site and sound of fowler training. it will be class... pure different class.

i might actually put cisse on the right wing tho, hes got the pace to destroy the birmingham left back and is starting to whip in some crosses. but as u all know im sticking by cisse til the end

How can you stick by Sissy and not be "convinced" by Crouch?
115-1073096938

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Mon Jan 30, 2006 2:19 pm

laza wrote:I rather see Robbie on the bench and come on in the last twenty minutes

I think that is all we will see of Mr Fowler...  Coming on in the 2nd half and baggin a goal or two.

I think Gerrard will be on the right, Alonso and Sisoko/Hamman in the middle, Kewell on the left.

Up front, Crouch and Cisse.. to be replaced by Fowler..
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby Ciggy » Mon Jan 30, 2006 2:20 pm

stu_the_red wrote:Traore on the bench? Come off it Lyndsey.

Got no one else have we if Hyypia or Carra get injured? Aggers not 100% fit yet, and Kromkamp on the right cause Gerrard needs to be back in the middle he's gettin p.issed off outwide, I also think sissoko should sit this one out and bring Hamann back into the frame. If Pongolle is staying and not going on loan Id like him to start with Crouch if Fowler doesnt.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Mon Jan 30, 2006 2:21 pm

forget fowler, the one comeback i'm looking forward to the most is emile heskey

:D
Last edited by stmichael on Mon Jan 30, 2006 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby 115-1073096938 » Mon Jan 30, 2006 2:25 pm

Ciggy wrote:
stu_the_red wrote:Traore on the bench? Come off it Lyndsey.

Got no one else have we if Hyypia or Carra get injured? Aggers not 100% fit yet, and Kromkamp on the right cause Gerrard needs to be back in the middle he's gettin p.issed off outwide, I also think sissoko should sit this one out and bring Hamann back into the frame. If Pongolle is staying and not going on loan Id like him to start with Crouch if Fowler doesnt.

I ain't having that he's getting :censored: off out wide. He's had his best season in our shirt playing out there and consistently scoring goals.

Agger might only be 80% fit, he's still better than Traore. I'd rather see Hamann at centre half than Traore.

As for Kromkamp, he's right back, not a right winger. Two very different positions and i hate it when managers play full backs in midfield because they have "attacking qualities".

Our best side is simple, thats what should play:

Crouch     Fowler
Kewell      Alonso     Sissoko    Gerrard
Riise        Hyypia    Carragher  Finnan
                     Reina

Subs:
Carson
Warnock (Luis Garcia if fit)
Kromkamp
Hamann
Sinama-Pongolle

The only possible other selection i'd take would be Morientes or Sinama instead of Robbie.
Last edited by 115-1073096938 on Mon Jan 30, 2006 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
115-1073096938

Postby The_Rock » Mon Jan 30, 2006 2:34 pm

I would go out for an all-out attacking team. Cisse on the right with Moro & Crouch strike-force.

We should be able to beat birmingham quite easily (though they have somewhat been our bogy team the last few seasons).

Reina

Cisse                Gerrard         Alonso            Kewell

Crouch
                                   Moro

Subs

Fowler
Sinama
Kromkamp
Hamann
Carson
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Mon Jan 30, 2006 2:35 pm

stu_the_red wrote:
dawson99 wrote:i'll tell u one thing. birmingham are not gonna be relishing coming to anfield to the site and sound of fowler training. it will be class... pure different class.

How can you stick by Sissy and not be "convinced" by Crouch?

i honestly dont know lol
gut feeling i guess
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Mon Jan 30, 2006 2:36 pm

The_Rock wrote:I would go out for an all-out attacking team. Cisse on the right with Moro & Crouch strike-force.

We should be able to beat birmingham quite easily (though they have somewhat been our bogy team the last few seasons).

Reina

Crouch
                                   Moro

Subs

Fowler
Sinama
Kromkamp
Hamann
Carson

The fact you've put Cisse in that squad proves you deserve to be shot.  :)
115-1073096938

Postby The_Rock » Mon Jan 30, 2006 2:46 pm

stu_the_red wrote:
The_Rock wrote:I would go out for an all-out attacking team. Cisse on the right with Moro & Crouch strike-force.

Reina

Crouch
                                   Moro

Subs

Fowler
Sinama
Kromkamp
Hamann
Carson

The fact you've put Cisse in that squad proves you deserve to be shot.  :)

i guess its that time of the month for u then  :lookaround

i ain't arguing with no b**ch..... :rasp
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Mon Jan 30, 2006 2:48 pm

cisse has been playing well on the right wing if u ask me, id play him there also, someone to whip in some crosses can never hurt
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mark the red » Mon Jan 30, 2006 2:53 pm

we should beat these comfortably, they look to create chances but they have this big useless gobsh1te upfront who couldnt hit a barn door, so we will do okay

i fancy 3-0, didi to start because i think that against portsmouth he is what we needed to to slow the game down, and not play into their hands.  its only agianst portsmouth that you missed the width and energy that finnan brings to the side, when he came on the difference he made getting foward
i f**king love leon mc, what a lad
mark the red

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion