NESV - OUR NEW OWNERS - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby devaney » Tue Aug 17, 2021 7:22 pm

Penguins - given that you have whinged about FSG for years I suppose you’d  feel a bit of a d1ckhead giving them credit for anything !! A wise man once said if you’ve fk all useful to say then shut the fk up  :laugh:  :laugh:

Football is about opinions. My son in law thinks Salah is shight  :laugh:  :laugh: He has held that view for so long that it doesn’t really matter what Mo does he won’t change his opinion simply because he would have to admit to being the idiot that we have told him he is for a very long time !!
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Aug 18, 2021 12:40 am

They've done a hell of a lot right to be fair (saved us from administration, decided we should stay at our spiritual home Anfield, brought Jurgen to the club, redeveloped the stadium, won our first title in 30 years, won our 6th European Cup, named the old Kemlyn rd stand after Kenny etc etc) but that ESL thing was off the charts stupid.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Wed Aug 18, 2021 4:17 am

devaney » Tue Aug 17, 2021 6:22 pm wrote:Penguins - given that you have whinged about FSG for years I suppose you’d  feel a bit of a d1ckhead giving them credit for anything !! A wise man once said if you’ve fk all useful to say then shut the fk up  :laugh:  :laugh:

Football is about opinions. My son in law thinks Salah is shight  :laugh:  :laugh: He has held that view for so long that it doesn’t really matter what Mo does he won’t change his opinion simply because he would have to admit to being the idiot that we have told him he is for a very long time !!

:laugh:
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Wed Aug 18, 2021 4:19 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Aug 17, 2021 11:40 pm wrote:They've done a hell of a lot right to be fair (saved us from administration, decided we should stay at our spiritual home Anfield, brought Jurgen to the club, redeveloped the stadium, won our first title in 30 years, won our 6th European Cup, named the old Kemlyn rd stand after Kenny etc etc) but that ESL thing was off the charts stupid.

Sure Yakka but the only owners that didn’t were the ones that were not invited
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Aug 18, 2021 8:01 am

kazza » Wed Aug 18, 2021 3:19 am wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Aug 17, 2021 11:40 pm wrote:They've done a hell of a lot right to be fair (saved us from administration, decided we should stay at our spiritual home Anfield, brought Jurgen to the club, redeveloped the stadium, won our first title in 30 years, won our 6th European Cup, named the old Kemlyn rd stand after Kenny etc etc) but that ESL thing was off the charts stupid.

Sure Yakka but the only owners that didn’t were the ones that were not invited

Maybe, maybe not mate, but there were aspects of the thing (no promotion or relegation etc) that had our owners fingerprints all over it, I don't think our owners were just going with the flow, I think, well we pretty much know because Sky told us that our owners along with the Glasers were the architects of this thing.
Look all owners are out to make money, John Houlding was out to make money,  the conservative and corinthian John Smith essentially turned our sacred red shirts into a sandwich boards for money, but not many of them would have been prepared to ruin English football itself to line their own pockets, to be so arrogant about it as well (all that we don't care about 'legacy fans' and we don't care about the good of the game only our profits malarkey) as I said off the scale.
FSG have done a hell of a lot right, some of their decisions like the one to stay at Anfield, bringing Jurgen to the club, bringing the Holy Grail back to L4 and winning our 6th European Cup will echo throughout the ages, I will thank them for that stuff for the rest of my days, the decision to stay at Anfield in particular it's hard to express in words how big that decision was and they got it so, so right but they really jumped the shark/crossed the Rubicon with that ESL thing.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Wed Aug 18, 2021 4:43 pm

Sure but at the end of the day nothing came of it and they dodged that bullet, my guess was there were always going to be a lot of hurdles to overcome to get that done, as it happens it was doomed before it even started. In ten years no one will really remember but the positives they did will last a lot longer. Bottom line is they did everything that they said they would… No debt, increased revenue, improved Anfield and success on the field.

Most important thing they did was give us our pride again.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Aug 18, 2021 7:52 pm

Surely people dont think we are debt free because we are not.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.liverp ... 485647.amp
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Wed Aug 18, 2021 9:10 pm

red till i die!! » Wed Aug 18, 2021 7:52 pm wrote:Surely people dont think we are debt free because we are not.

£70mil for the stadium and the rest from the credit line that was used during lockdown to pay the bills - and they believe that’s been paid back now
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby Eagle » Wed Aug 18, 2021 9:49 pm

The last set of accounts published were for the year ending 31 May 2020 and showed total debt as £268m at this point. £71m of this was the debt still owed on the original £110mil it cost to expand the main stand. £147m was effectively the club dipping into an overdraft/credit facility to pay player wages and other costs when income dried up after covid. It was rumoured that this has since been transferred to owner debt to avoid the high interest we would have been paying. The accounts for last season will be available around March.
Eagle

Postby Reg » Wed Aug 18, 2021 10:24 pm

The new stand payback period has been shorter than was anticipated, plus the loan was interest free anyway. It's a great way to run a business and is not risk related debt as it adds to the asset value of the club etc.. I see no concerns in our finances apart from the wage bill creeping up.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Thu Aug 19, 2021 7:10 am

red till i die!! » Wed Aug 18, 2021 6:52 pm wrote:Surely people dont think we are debt free because we are not.

I suppose I should not have said “debt free” as is anyone ever debt free in this day and age? I should have said “not riddled with debt” as we clearly have operating debt but not to the point of being handicapped by it. The point was they did not do to us what the last owners or the ManUre owners did to their club.

The point was more about keeping their word to the supporters.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Thu Aug 19, 2021 9:26 am

I hope this season blows up in Uniteds face like its done with teams like Barca and Inter. They are currently £440m in debt and still throwing money around like it's nothing.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby Eagle » Thu Aug 19, 2021 11:22 am

The way Barcelona have been mismanaged over the last 5 years has been on a different level. The way PSG took Neymar hurt Barca's pride and they've been trying to go financially toe to toe with the clubs owned by oil rich states and they've got themselves in real bother. Inter have overspent too but I think their problems relate to the fact they've been funded by their owner who is now in financial trouble himself. Man Utd will be fine. Most of their debt relates to the Glazers acquisition and they make about £100mil a year more than us through match day and commercial revenue. They've generally spent poorly over the last 5 years but they are living within their means.
Eagle

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Aug 19, 2021 12:28 pm

UvS xR4GEx » Thu Aug 19, 2021 8:26 am wrote:I hope this season blows up in Uniteds face like its done with teams like Barca and Inter. They are currently £440m in debt and still throwing money around like it's nothing.

Unfortunately if United ever got into serious trouble the Saudi's or someone would just buy them. United were lucky that the most successful period in their entire history just happened to coincide with the beginning of the premier league era when footy became the new rock n roll.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby devaney » Thu Aug 19, 2021 2:12 pm

Investment, development and sustainability are the key factors of a business and wether fans like it or not football is very much a business and has been for a considerable time. I was listening to a Manchester United supporter this morning moaning about the Glazer’s and the fact that they have taken dividends in the region of £1b out of the business they have a majority shareholding in. He failed to add that they have allowed spending of £1b in net terms on players. Basically he was suffering from spoilt brat syndrome !! Now whilst I think the Glazer’s are a bunch of sh1ts lack of investment in the team has nothing to do with Manchester United’s failings over the last 7/8 years in the Premiership and in the CL. Bad management is the main reason for their on pitch failings and certainly not player investment. Having said that they still run a sustainable business.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext