NESV - OUR NEW OWNERS - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:03 pm

Looks like Bill Gates was approached before FSG took over the club but he didn't apparently respond.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby parchpea » Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:31 pm

Theres a bit of heat on them what with the Gates and Craft articles, and Pearce and his Echo collegaues are trying to help but on the back foot this week. Ever increasing voices of discontent.

About the only people we havent heard from is Henry, Werner and Co, who to this point are managing the increasing noise by saying nothing at all, honestly I think they appreciate any holding statement they could put out wouldnt wash, that moves been burned out.

They really dont help by using social media during superbowl, and for literally anything but Liverpool FC, which says to me they are out of touch and will naturally will be feeling some of the pressure.

Honestly if they promised to up the ante and showed intent by competing and getting the very best this summer, show some love and ambition out the increased value then thats great, nobody wants to change owner unless its an incredible opportunity, but I doubt very much that will happen.

I would rather take the chance, let them take their profit out of us so we can get a better deal and build on the stability FSG have manufactured.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby johnbarnes » Wed Feb 08, 2017 6:36 pm

The sooner LFC fans learn to live in the now and not the past the better.
Hindsight is all too clear, but none of us are living in the now and looking towards the future.

E.G.
1. Trump: What was the point in all those demonstrations worldwide against his election?
Guess what kids; you should have given a fook when he announced his running for presidential elect.
2. Brexit: The middle classes are sh!tting themselves now... However if they gave a sh!t a year ago instead of investing in capital shares and holiday homes, Brexit may never have happened.
---
MY POINT BEING:
As fans we need to set up a 'real' company of concern and collate all our funds together in order to acquire the club ourselves in the future. Even if it wasn't to happen, FSG would sit up and take note, just like any other business concern in the world. The power of people can do anything in a democratic society.
---
Sounds far fetched, but only hindsight (sigh) will prove that this type of thinking is the future.
---
We should be using social media to our advantage. Not by tweeting JH or any other co-owner of LFC with wows of non-investment in the team.
But use the technology to engage in real change.
---
Fewer football kits sold per annum, FSG have to take note and so will our sponsors.
Eat and drink well before entering the stadium - less bar revenue; again FSG will take note.
Don't show any love to our so called 'superstar footballer' - delete them from your social media, without followers they are commercially nothing. This will stop them from taking us the fans for granted.
---
Lose this narcissist way of thinking of only 'the self' - I'm alright Jack, I've got a season ticket and a selfie stick.
Think of the greater good. No one person is bigger than the club!
---
The French call it...
REVOLUTION.
Become leaders - not followers.

---
Many of you won't agree and to this.
But collectively we either put up or shut up. Slamming our keyboards and type words on a screen to cater to the ego, simply isn't gonna change anything. It exists only to deal with our frustrations...
IF WE WANT CHANGE, THEN WE HAVE TO MAKE IT HAPPEN!
---
MAKE LFC GREAT. AGAIN!
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:20 am

kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:25 pm

Is that story legit? Is 90mins.com a legit source?
Okay £170,000 a week is a lot of money but it's not astronomical by modern football standards, especially for a player of Draxler's ability. Apparently Lallana's new deal is worth £150,000 a week and Draxler's demands were not a million miles away from that, they were in the same ballpark.
If FSG think they are going to get top players to come here for modest wages they are living in la-la land.
Looks like our future title hopes are going to be built around the likes of Demarai Grey.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby parchpea » Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:20 pm

Im an old school fan so expect Liverpool to be challenging for domestic and European honours, its 27 years domestically but to me that it feels like 5 years, I absolutely accept fans from my generation are completely unrealistic but we try and keep the flame burning.

Im nearly 50 and a point where you feel walls closing in a tad so I dont have the patience for projects and I just want another title but only see it happening if we sell and overspend using a rich mans beer money, someone with an ego big enough to put the cash in, not a hedgefunder protecting an asset.

Big clubs have fallen and we almost fell by the wayside but without being big headed, a very non Liverpool trait, we didnt go under and I doubt ever will, that fear is a potent tool for FSG.

All I would say is reach for the heavens and dont accept the FSG way, their propaganda and hype, Liverpool can be great again but hand on heart definitely will not be under this regime.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby maguskwt » Sat Feb 11, 2017 5:47 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:25 pm wrote:

Okay £170,000 a week is a lot of money but it's not astronomical by modern football standards, especially for a player of Draxler's ability. Apparently Lallana's new deal is worth £150,000 a week and Draxler's demands were not a million miles away from that, they were in the same ballpark.
If FSG think they are going to get top players to come here for modest wages they are living in la-la land.
Looks like our future title hopes are going to be built around the likes of Demarai Grey.

That's the thing Yakka. Someone here (i forgot who) posted regarding FSG "if you can't stand the heat then get out of the kitchen". That reflects very accurately my feelings for FSG. If we want to be a top 4 club, you need to act like one. Mind you I'm not saying we need to compete head to head financially against the moneybag clubs. But we can't be acting like mid table clubs either! which is what we're doing. Leicester winning last season's league title was actually a very bad thing for us. FSG's gonna think that that kinda success is possible. FSG needs to know that that kinda success happens probably once in 100 years.
BTW i believe we paid Benteke 140k...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Sat Feb 11, 2017 6:43 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:25 pm wrote:

I'm not sure how legit the source is but it does not sound beyond the realm of possibility the way transfers are nowadays and the fact he went to PSG. The only thing I would add is PSG is a strong team in a weak league so him scoring 4 in 7 does not mean he would be that successful in the Prem but I suspect he probably would, class players are class players. I think I would rather have Draxler at 170 per week than lallana at 150 per week. Lallana may be at his ceiling but Draxler probably isn't.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:12 pm

Apparently BR wanted van Dijk when he was at Celtics but was not supported by the club's scouts. Another testimony for FSG's system...

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/fo ... s-12595467
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Penguins » Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:24 pm

28-29 years old?
Elite player?
Available?
Want market wage of around 150-200 k/week?

Look anywhere but LFC as FSG prohibits those kinds of acquisitions that actually makes you win.
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby sniffy98 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:07 pm

That's made me quite angry reading that about Van Dijk. He is absolutely what we need and I can't understand why we are missing out on these players who become £30-40m players within a year of coming into  the Premiership. £2.5 fcuking million, is that all Celtic paid for him?! And we got Lovren...jees.
sniffy98

Postby maguskwt » Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:43 pm

sniffy98 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:07 pm wrote:That's made me quite angry reading that about Van Dijk. He is absolutely what we need and I can't understand why we are missing out on these players who become £30-40m players within a year of coming into  the Premiership. £2.5 fcuking million, is that all Celtic paid for him?! And we got Lovren...jees.

It's a case of too many cooks spoiling the broth. Van Dijk back then looked like he met FSG criteria. So I really don't know what happened. Maybe he asked for "too much" wages? Like "how dare he asks for 60k a week when he's just a youngster". The owners should really look at getting more competent scouts if they are relying on this kind of transfer committee system. If the manager wants a player, and he is a reasonable target, just sign him, and not give some stupid reason like "Oh he's not in the list".
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby eds » Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:30 am

As much as I have given Rodgers a pasting in the past this only confirms how constrained he was at the time in bringing in his own players.

Although Klopp may have a bit more control, he is still abidding to some pretty restrictive policies though.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:19 am

maguskwt » Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:12 am wrote:Apparently BR wanted van Dijk when he was at Celtics but was not supported by the club's scouts. Another testimony for FSG's system...

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/fo ... s-12595467

I've just mentioned that same story in the transfer thread, I didn't notice it in last nights Echo though, I actually saw it on Sky Sports. It's just typical of us to turn down the chance of signing someone like Van Dijk who's now regarded as one of the best defenders in the division for £2.6m but at the same time happily fork out £10m on the likes of Borini.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby maguskwt » Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:02 pm

eds » Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:30 pm wrote:As much as I have given Rodgers a pasting in the past this only confirms how constrained he was at the time in bringing in his own players.

Although Klopp may have a bit more control, he is still abidding to some pretty restrictive policies though.

:laugh:
Finally some semblance of admission by the Notorious Eds...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion