NESV - OUR NEW OWNERS - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby only me » Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:12 am

Reg » Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:19 am wrote:FSG: bear in mind a simple point: rich Russians (corrupt b*stards) can throw tens of millions at buying a player out of petty cash. So can rich arab owners (corrupt b*stards). Everyone else needs a business plan and we've just built a new stand.

Arsenal went through a similar lean period watching others flash the cash when they built the new emirates stadium so y'know it's not unusual.

Logical however they did put money aside for the manager to use we are just not using it for unknown reasons...
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Penguins » Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:59 pm

Reg » Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:59 am wrote:Hey mate, we're very good at spending money - badly.

Well, not worse than our rivals if you look at the success rate of total money spent. it's just that we spend relatively less so every mistake becomes more magnified.
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby devaney » Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:20 pm

maguskwt » Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:05 am wrote:
johnbarnes » Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:55 am wrote:I've read many posts re; Dele Alli
IMO the whole story is slowly turning into a beating rod against FSG.
We have no real proof of what went on and there is little evidence to suggest that IF Dele Alli had come to LFC that he would have still developed into the player he is today.
Spuds have got Dele Alli - WE have  Coutinho
That's just football...
Anything else is just crystal ball and witchcraft!

That's like saying "Yeah... I see the man drowning, but even if I went and rescued him, it is not 100% sure that he would survive... so just let it be..."  :glare:

Mags hindsight is wonderful. Lets face it, if we had known what was going to happen, we would have told the drowning man not to go in the water in the first place !!
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby johnbarnes » Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:57 pm

devaney » Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:20 pm wrote:
We have no real proof of what went on and there is little evidence to suggest that IF Dele Alli had come to LFC that he would have still developed into the player he is today.
That's just football...

That's like saying "Yeah... I see the man drowning, but even if I went and rescued him, it is not 100% sure that he would survive... so just let it be..."  :glare:

Mags hindsight is wonderful. Lets face it, if we had known what was going to happen, we would have told the drowning man not to go in the water in the first place !!

Devaney... I was enjoying a nice hot cup of tea, until I spat it out laughing!  :D
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby Pig Catcher » Fri Feb 03, 2017 4:34 pm

Our wages to turnover ratio is 56%. That’s more than Man Utd (45%) Man City (50%) Spurs (51%) and the same as Arsenal (56%). The club is doing what they can on wages but the money has to come from somewhere. More of a problem is a poor recruitment strategy and poor execution in the market.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:35 pm

Pig Catcher » Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:34 pm wrote:Our wages to turnover ratio is 56%. That’s more than Man Utd (45%) Man City (50%) Spurs (51%) and the same as Arsenal (56%). The club is doing what they can on wages but the money has to come from somewhere. More of a problem is a poor recruitment strategy and poor execution in the market.

Given we haven't signed anyone in 2 of the last 3 windows the club may have found a novel solution to that particular problem mate!
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby maguskwt » Sat Feb 04, 2017 4:15 pm

devaney » Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:20 pm wrote:
That's just football...

Well if we told the drowning man not to go into the water, then he's not going to learn to swim now isn't it!!!

Wait... WTF are we talking about? :wwww
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby johnbarnes » Sat Feb 04, 2017 6:00 pm

Pig Catcher » Fri Feb 03, 2017 4:34 pm wrote:Our wages to turnover ratio is 56%. That’s more than Man Utd (45%) Man City (50%) Spurs (51%) and the same as Arsenal (56%). The club is doing what they can on wages but the money has to come from somewhere. More of a problem is a poor recruitment strategy and poor execution in the market.

Yep!
The harvesting of young potential simply isn't and has not worked.
---
The club is sustainable, so it looks we will continue to fire blanks in the market in hope that one bullet is a live wire.
---
At this rate it will be 30 years and counting for a title!
---
I now take solace in the fact that there is much more to get on with in life than just LFC...
---
FSG needs to read this. Not because I'm right, but because over the course of time many other fans will begin to look at other options in their life too.
Then they won't have a world brand to play with.
:help needed at this time, because a storm is brewing!
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby parchpea » Sat Feb 04, 2017 6:26 pm

How much more does it take until pressure is applied to FSG?

Im not even talking about them selling the club just funding that shows ambition and intent, they have had a very easy ride at Liverpool.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby Penguins » Sat Feb 04, 2017 7:03 pm

Yeah, their propaganda has worked perfectly.
Not much difference between them and Moores.
Won't invest own money, can't take the club forward.

Just cause the vermin was there in between, FSG gets a free pass as long as the club doesn't go under.
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Feb 04, 2017 8:47 pm

I seen this posted elsewhere and while I have read very little it appears to be evidence from a court case J Henry was involved in around the time of our purchase. It contains emails and discussions regarding the sale of the club to investors. They appear to be from the NY courts and are available to view under the FOI act so maybe they are genuine.

https://iapps.courts.state.ny.us/nyscef ... EaA0PHzA==
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby parchpea » Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:14 pm

First time there appears to be overwhelming condemnation of the owners so the tide has turned on them, be interested to see if and how they handle a genuine tidal surge against their running of the club.

I believe they can do more but had it too easy, if they cant then they need to move on and lets have a go at it with new investment.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby eds » Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:50 pm

It's time lads they need to go.  :no

I take no solace in being right about them from the get-go.

They are parasites that have been spinning the PR wheels since they arrived and finally the rest of you have caught up.

The only problem you have now is that these c**ts are in a very strong position financially and will be very hard to get them out of our club.

A boycott at home games will be the only way to remove them, and knowing the hard-core fanbase most will refuse to boycott games while we are still in the chase for Europe.
Last edited by eds on Sun Feb 05, 2017 1:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Sun Feb 05, 2017 1:25 am

They are making money from the club and are not willing to invest the money earned back into the club. How the hell can we have success with that strategy?

These guys dont care about this club.. It's pretty obvious when they make only 2 appearances a year. All they want is to make money off of us for as long as they can until the fans turn on them and they are forced to sell up.

They have turned Boston red sox into a 2.6 billion company.. so that is their no1 priority.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Sun Feb 05, 2017 2:35 am

Don't talk through your bum son.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion