NESV - OUR NEW OWNERS - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:57 pm

There is loads of stuff in those emails about why they are interested in buying us and none of it is for football reasons. Plenty about scrimping it on transfers and wages as well.

http://www.empireofthekop.com/2017/02/0 ... heap-more/

This lot will never put the money into us to make us compete because they never intended to in the first place.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby eds » Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:05 pm

They are here to make us profitable.

Many, many fans think this translates to success on the field.

It doesn't.

They are two completely different things.

I'm glad these emails are coming out in the open to expose these scumbags for what they truly are.........
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby Reg » Mon Feb 06, 2017 5:53 am

The two things go hand in hand. Play well on the field increases the value of the club which frees up more money to be invested in maintaining that success. Man Utd know that very well. However FSG first have to speculate to accumulate and that's what we'res still waiting for.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby eds » Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:09 am

Disagree Reg.

You can still be profitable but not win titles.

We are living proof of this.

If we remain like this FSG can continue to make money off us for decades.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

eds

Postby Reg » Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:13 am

I'm not disagreeing with you eds, what I'm saying is ONCE you invest then success and profitability become sustainable.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:18 pm

The emails are a real shock !!  Kinell FSG are businessmen !! Some of you really need to wake up and smell the fkg coffee !! Simply blaming FSG for our appalling run over the last 5 weeks is somewhat naive. Fans talk about spending money. The new main stand cost £150m and if we carry on like we have for the last five weeks they will struggle to fill the ground next season. As Reg says yes we could head down the route of ground or stand naming and charge somebody a fortune for the rights. But deals like that are also made a lot easier and more lucrative by what happens on the pitch. I do not believe for one moment that FSG are trying to make us look like a less attractive business proposition.

For years we have been linked with every man and his dog. The deals have not failed simply because of FSG's frugality. We have to be realistic and ask ourselves why top players select other clubs. As a club last year 56% of our revenue went on wages which hardly suggest that FSG are tight fisted. Out of the top clubs only Arsenal equalled that figure of 56%. And to put things truly in perspective United's ratio was 45%. Personally I believe that Klopp has been tasked with sorting this out which is a key reason behind the number of players that we have got rid of. I'm am the first to accept that our activity in the transfer market over the last 16 months has been incredibly disappointing but I'm not sure how we persuade players to join Liverpool that don't want to. Nobody on this forum has ever come up with a solution to this problem and I don't expect they ever will !!
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:27 pm

The Key word here is investment lads and other than the purchase price there has been none. Everything this club spends is what they earn through sponsorships, TV, Gates and merchandising but none of it comes from the pockets of our owners. They seized a golden opportunity to buy a massive brand for a discount and the sweetner was that they could take a backseat and restructure the club to avoid putting any of their own money in.
Every bit of whats in those emails is true because we have lived through it, They aren't going to change or invest to the level we need because that was never their intention in the first place.

They have to go!!
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby maguskwt » Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:59 pm

devaney » Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:18 pm wrote:The emails are a real shock !!  Kinell FSG are businessmen !! Some of you really need to wake up and smell the fkg coffee !! Simply blaming FSG for our appalling run over the last 5 weeks is somewhat naive. Fans talk about spending money. The new main stand cost £150m and if we carry on like we have for the last five weeks they will struggle to fill the ground next season. As Reg says yes we could head down the route of ground or stand naming and charge somebody a fortune for the rights. But deals like that are also made a lot easier and more lucrative by what happens on the pitch. I do not believe for one moment that FSG are trying to make us look like a less attractive business proposition.

For years we have been linked with every man and his dog. The deals have not failed simply because of FSG's frugality. We have to be realistic and ask ourselves why top players select other clubs. As a club last year 56% of our revenue went on wages which hardly suggest that FSG are tight fisted. Out of the top clubs only Arsenal equalled that figure of 56%. And to put things truly in perspective United's ratio was 45%. Personally I believe that Klopp has been tasked with sorting this out which is a key reason behind the number of players that we have got rid of. I'm am the first to accept that our activity in the transfer market over the last 16 months has been incredibly disappointing but I'm not sure how we persuade players to join Liverpool that don't want to. Nobody on this forum has ever come up with a solution to this problem and I don't expect they ever will !!

Pretty simple. STOP LOWBALLING PROFESSIONAL PLAYERS!
Are you gonna highlight that our wages are the 5th highest? Well then that means we are probably buying wrong players! Spurs wages are lower than us but they have better players than us. What's up with that?? You know why players don't want to join us? Because they know we're Penny Pinchers and we dont show AMBITION! That's why!
Soon even the draw of playing for Klopp will not be enough anymore. Even now, I'm not sure whether we are a more attractive option than Dortmund!
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:56 pm

Mags I don't know what you do but you give the strong impression that you have a strange view of how to run a business. Being 5th in terms of the highest wage payers is irrevelant. Balancing the books when you are running a business is important. Look at the absolute mess that H & G got us in to. Do we want to go there again? If we had Arsenal's wage bill for example we would make a loss because Arsenal's turnover is considerably greater than ours. Its not rocket science mate.By the way you talk anybody would think that FSG have been taking millions out of the club when the reality is that so far they have made very little and that will only change if they sell the club.

So tell me just which top players or should I say mercenaries  would have joined us if we had simply rolled over and agreed to whatever terms were needed to get the deal through ? Be honest you haven't got a clue and neither have I but I suspect it would have been virtually none of them. Money is important but it certainly isn't the only criteria. Spurs is a frustration and a lot of the time location is an attraction. If you don't accept the pull that London has then we might as well throw the debate in the bin.
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby devaney » Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:56 pm

Mags I don't know what you do but you give the strong impression that you have a strange view of how to run a business. Being 5th in terms of the highest wage payers is irrevelant. Balancing the books when you are running a business is important. Look at the absolute mess that H & G got us in to. Do we want to go there again? If we had Arsenal's wage bill for example we would make a loss because Arsenal's turnover is considerably greater than ours. Its not rocket science mate.By the way you talk anybody would think that FSG have been taking millions out of the club when the reality is that so far they have made very little and that will only change if they sell the club.

So tell me just which top players or should I say mercenaries  would have joined us if we had simply rolled over and agreed to whatever terms were needed to get the deal through ? Be honest you haven't got a clue and neither have I but I suspect it would have been virtually none of them. Money is important but it certainly isn't the only criteria. Spurs is a frustration and a lot of the time location is an attraction. If you don't accept the pull that London has then we might as well throw the debate in the bin.
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby parchpea » Mon Feb 06, 2017 7:06 pm

I know FSG loaned us the money to pay for the stand and we are repaying that to them over a long period, but if you consider they paid an estimated £300m for the club and grown it to a reported £1 billion then its not unfair of us to expect more investment in the team.

The Glazers at United know the value of their club so borrow against it, safe in the knowledge a sale pays it off assuming they find a buyer.

FSG have made £700m in profit, which is terrific for them, but they dont love us enough to invest a cent of it in our team, they wont put that free cash, nor any more of their own money, and they will not borrow. Despite being custodians they wont even put any money of their own in to reduce the stand debt, and shelved the Anfield Road project.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby devaney » Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:18 pm

Parchpea your fag packet maths are astounding mate !! Where the fk does a figure of £1b come from ?? The business value is simply pie in the sky until somebody agrees to a purchase price. As for them donating their own money to the club why should they and it is amazingly naive to think that they should.
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby parchpea » Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:41 pm

Plenty of articles on the club value and you can use any estimate but it will be way north of the £300m they paid.

Thats to be commended, however our problem is they wont reinvest any of it to help the team and want to protect that profit even when we desperately need players.

I understand buying to make money which is exactly what they will do, lots of it, but majority of owners also enjoy giving back to the fans however I dont feel FSG care one iota on that score.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby eds » Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:20 pm

devaney » Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:18 pm wrote:The emails are a real shock !!  Kinell FSG are businessmen !! Some of you really need to wake up and smell the fkg coffee !! Simply blaming FSG for our appalling run over the last 5 weeks is somewhat naive. Fans talk about spending money. The new main stand cost £150m and if we carry on like we have for the last five weeks they will struggle to fill the ground next season. As Reg says yes we could head down the route of ground or stand naming and charge somebody a fortune for the rights. But deals like that are also made a lot easier and more lucrative by what happens on the pitch. I do not believe for one moment that FSG are trying to make us look like a less attractive business proposition.

Most of things you state aren't actually what people are arguing Dev.

No one on here is saying they are meant to be charity donors piling tons of money into this club.

No one is saying that are responsible just for the last 5 weeks, I for one have been blaming them for the last 6 years........  :laugh:

No one is arguing that they aren't trying to make us a "less attractive business proposition". I think they have genuinely already done this and should have sold the club years ago.

Yes they are business owners, we simply disagree with the way they are running their "business", that little thing called OUR CLUB.

At the end of the day are you actually convinced they are doing the right thing and that their approach is the ONLY way for our club to be successful? It seems like it because you keep harping back to Twiddle Dee and Twiddle Dum, thinking it's either FSG's way or financial ruin. That there is no middle ground  :suspect: 

So what is the collective argument here? The argument is that they simply have failed, their social experiment on buying kids and free transfers has been nothing short of a disaster and left us with this feeling of emptiness not seen or felt since the last days of those two miserable ***** who owned us. Coupled with the fact that they sold the world's best striker of the last decade for a laughable amount and we have gone on and replaced him with average players, is nothing short of a downright catastrophe. And yet you continue to defend this ideology, thinking that if they keep doing what they are doing, eventually some day, some time in some distant reality it will all come together for us......  :lookaround

The mere definition of insanity is doing something over and over again and expecting the same result.

eds

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:08 pm

Pearce on the emails  :glare:  http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... sg-9777236

Really doubt anything will change anytime soon with these owners  :no These emails just confirm they aren't bothered putting a penny of their own into the club and will claim that we have no right to expect them to either because they never said they would.
They will now put their PR spin machine into overdrive and we will continue to sign anything but the top players until we arrive at this same situation next season.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion