NESV - OUR NEW OWNERS - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby maguskwt » Sat Feb 25, 2017 4:36 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:13 am wrote:
maguskwt » Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:37 am wrote:What I would like to know is how selling melwood and moving to Kirkby will benefit Liverpool FC's development. Will selling Melwood fetch a higher sum than the cost of expansion at Kirkby? If so, how will the monies be used to benefit LFC? Will the stadium be expanded once again? or will it go into squad development?

Oh the land Melwood is on is probably worth a fortune, West Derby (the district where Melwood is situated) is probably the most desirable part of the city to live in the north end. When Everton had financial trouble they sold their West Derby based training facility Bellefield and made a good few bob out of it.
Kirkby is a place that has no historic connection to the club whatsoever, as I said it doesn't even lie within the boundaries of the city of Liverpool, its in Knowsley. The land there will be a lot, lot cheaper than West Derby that's for sure. Parts of Kirkby are pretty fvcking rough too, I'm not sure the players will appreciate driving around there in their fancy cars.
Melwood is where Bill Shankly held court, its where the likes of Billy Liddell, Ron Yeats, Roger Hunt, Ian St John, Kevin Keegan, John Toshack, Emlyn Hughes, Kenny Dalglish, Graeme Souness, Alan Hansen, John Barnes, Peter Beardsley etc etc all went to work on a day to day basis.
Why can't people leave things alone? What's wrong with a bit of tradition? I can guarantee you the reason why we haven't won the league in the last 27 years has nothing to do with our training ground, its been down to bad decisions not bad facilities.

I agree yakka. That's why I'm implying, if we were to sacrifice some history which is Melwood, it better benefit LFC in terms of the club's development long term. It should  be like how real madrid sold their training ground to the city council and launched their galactico project. I'm not saying we should launch our very own galactico project... but you know what I'm saying...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby eds » Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:27 pm

There needs to be a groundswell.

We can not have these muppets at the club anymore.

You lads over the U.K. need to unite and get these parasites OUT just like we did with the previous pair of swindlers. If they were to sell the club today they will easily double what they paid for us 7 years ago, so there is no reason why they should stay.

There social experiment has been a disaster, they aren't willing to invest in the team and are scared to lose money on players that would at least balance the side.

To add to that they have genuinely been clueless on the sport, the way it's run and how success is achieved. They buckled and sold Suarez for a rubbish amount and due to this have reined in a era of mediocrity.

Lastly how many games have they actually attended? And if one of us were to have a conversation with them about the fortune of our club would we really be surprised how delusional and out of touch they truly are?

THEY SIMPLY NEED TO GO.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby kartiek » Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:15 pm

eds » Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:27 pm wrote:There needs to be a groundswell.

We can not have these muppets at the club anymore.

You lads over the U.K. need to unite and get these parasites OUT just like we did with the previous pair of swindlers. If they were to sell the club today they will easily double what they paid for us 7 years ago, so there is no reason why they should stay.

There social experiment has been a disaster, they aren't willing to invest in the team and are scared to lose money on players that would at least balance the side.

To add to that they have genuinely been clueless on the sport, the way it's run and how success is achieved. They buckled and sold Suarez for a rubbish amount and due to this have reined in a era of mediocrity.

Lastly how many games have they actually attended? And if one of us were to have a conversation with them about the fortune of our club would we really be surprised how delusional and out of touch they truly are?

THEY SIMPLY NEED TO GO.

Agreed. We need owners with AMBITION, who are not afraid to SPEND MONEY TO BRING IN TOP TALENT. This NESV style management is not going to get us beyond mid-table. It's just a sad fact.
kartiek

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:05 am

Apparently we've appointed a new CEO, he's a 61 year old originally from Liverpool who worked for EA Sports.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:39 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:05 am wrote:Apparently we've appointed a new CEO, he's a 61 year old originally from Liverpool who worked for EA Sports.

Just seen that  :laugh: He is the current Co and President of EA sports for the last 10 years. Before that he had senior roles at Reebok, Sega and Microsoft  :down:   :buttrock YAY!! Another suitably qualified yes man on board  :buttrock
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby parchpea » Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:43 pm

Well reports today suggest we are still hemorraging money despite putting virtually nothing into the playing squad across 2 windows so what exactly are FSG bringing to the table?

Surely even a chimp could run Liverpool at a small loss so they are literally doing nothing other than protect the profit on their initial investment, the increased value of the club.

With a new CEO in place no doubt briefed to try and raise additional revenue whilst making savings (thats what business people always want) I just see more corners cut short term.

At what point is enough for fans, are moreover Klopp, who must have been absolutely mental to risk his reputation under these conditions and in addition show a united front with FSG as the team falls apart before him.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:54 pm

parchpea » Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:43 pm wrote:Well reports today suggest we are still hemorraging money despite putting virtually nothing into the playing squad across 2 windows so what exactly are FSG bringing to the table?

Surely even a chimp could run Liverpool at a small loss so they are literally doing nothing other than protect the profit on their initial investment, the increased value of the club.

With a new CEO in place no doubt briefed to try and raise additional revenue whilst making savings (thats what business people always want) I just see more corners cut short term.

At what point is enough for fans, are moreover Klopp, who must have been absolutely mental to risk his reputation under these conditions and in addition show a united front with FSG as the team falls apart before him.

I think those figures relate to Brendan's last season mate, apparently the cost of Benteke etc plus Brendan's pay off tipped us into the red.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:11 am

FSG aren't total gooners guys, they bought the Red Sox in 2002, below their league positions results since 2000:

2000 MLB 2nd
2001 MLB 2nd
2002 MLB 2nd
2003 MLB 2nd
2004 MLB 2nd
2005 MLB 2nd
2006 MLB 3rd
2007 MLB 1st
2008 MLB 2nd
2009 MLB 2nd
2010 MLB 3rd
2011 MLB 3rd
2012 MLB 5th
2013 MLB 1st
2014 MLB 5th
2015 MLB 5th
2016 MLB 1st

.... unless of course there's only 5 teams in the league.

Which apparently is the case !!

http://www.baseball-reference.com/leagu ... ings.shtml
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:57 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:54 pm wrote:
parchpea » Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:43 pm wrote:Well reports today suggest we are still hemorraging money despite putting virtually nothing into the playing squad across 2 windows so what exactly are FSG bringing to the table?

I think those figures relate to Brendan's last season mate, apparently the cost of Benteke etc plus Brendan's pay off tipped us into the red.

Maybe this is why we spent no money in January and turned a profit in the summer. All to balance the books so they don't have to put their hands in their pockets. If you ask me they are fleecing the club  :nod We are in the best financial position we have ever been in and still post losses. Our accounts are very confusing and structured in a way that makes it impossible to have any idea whats going on in regards to the money. They use player amortization which ties a player and his wage to the club for the duration of his contract so effectively that means andy carroll is still on our payroll. We also had only 1 player at the club on over a 100k a week up until we gave coutinho and Lallana new deals so how can we be the 5th highest paying squad in the league. Our squad is also packed to the hilt with kids earning as low as 1 to 5 k a week so something doesn't add up. I would hazard a guess that the board and any consultant fees werner and henry are getting are combined into the wage bill of the club for it to represent more than 60% of our turnover because it is not in that team. How much does it cost the club every time either tom or john make an appearance or a phone call on our behalf because they are not doing it for nothing.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:57 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:54 pm wrote:

Maybe this is why we spent no money in January and turned a profit in the summer. All to balance the books so they don't have to put their hands in their pockets. If you ask me they are fleecing the club  :nod We are in the best financial position we have ever been in and still post losses. Our accounts are very confusing and structured in a way that makes it impossible to have any idea whats going on in regards to the money. They use player amortization which ties a player and his wage to the club for the duration of his contract so effectively that means andy carroll is still on our payroll. We also had only 1 player at the club on over a 100k a week up until we gave coutinho and Lallana new deals so how can we be the 5th highest paying squad in the league. Our squad is also packed to the hilt with kids earning as low as 1 to 5 k a week so something doesn't add up. I would hazard a guess that the board and any consultant fees werner and henry are getting are combined into the wage bill of the club for it to represent more than 60% of our turnover because it is not in that team. How much does it cost the club every time either tom or john make an appearance or a phone call on our behalf because they are not doing it for nothing.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Pig Catcher » Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:55 pm

Report today suggest? A summary of our financials was posted on the official website.

Any analysis of our financials for the year ending 31st May 2016 is not really that valuable until the actual accounts are available at companies house.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:00 pm

Report in the Mirror and elsewhere FSG have agreed to investment from Saudi Royal Family.

We know FSG play the media really well during rough patches and its been reported before and come to nothing, have to see.

My views are clear really in that I would welcome as sale but a share is better than nothing.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby kartiek » Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:45 pm

If there is direct investment by the Saudi state into LFC, then it will become very hard for me to support LFC. Just cannot deal with these people who fund extremism all around the world.
kartiek

Postby Mikz » Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:57 pm

As long as they dont have short arms and long pockets , i wouldnt be that bothered, a league win b ANY means  :buttrock
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Eagle » Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:12 pm

parchpea » Fri Mar 03, 2017 6:00 pm wrote:Report in the Mirror and elsewhere FSG have agreed to investment from Saudi Royal Family.

We know FSG play the media really well during rough patches and its been reported before and come to nothing, have to see.

My views are clear really in that I would welcome as sale but a share is better than nothing.

At least link to a source.

New Balance and Saudi football club Al Nassr will be announcing a partnership from Anfield tomorrow. Members  of the Saudi Royal Family will be there as part of the delegation and will be attending the game.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/fo ... l-12687560
Eagle

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion