NESV - OUR NEW OWNERS - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby maguskwt » Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:15 pm

Borussia Dortmund have signed 17-year-old Sweden striker Alexander Isak from Swedish side AIK Solna for 8.6million pounds.

Wonder whether FSG would sanction this kinda transfer considering they were'nt willing to pay 4-5 million pounds for Dele Alli.
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:02 pm

They only buy if their risk assessment team tick enough boxes to say there is likely profit down the line, that way they put nothing into the club which is their priority.

Rounders on the other hand  :veryangry
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby johnbarnes » Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:55 am

I've read many posts re; Dele Alli
IMO the whole story is slowly turning into a beating rod against FSG.
We have no real proof of what went on and there is little evidence to suggest that IF Dele Alli had come to LFC that he would have still developed into the player he is today.
Spuds have got Dele Alli - WE have  Coutinho
That's just football...
Anything else is just crystal ball and witchcraft!
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby johnbarnes » Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:03 pm

On another note.
IMO LFC, its fans and to an extent the team are still dwelling in the past of that 'wonderful season' whilst our rivals are just getting on with it.
Social media and other platforms demand high-levels of ***** driven news, stories and articles to feed the masses. So the club puts out anything it can grab... E.G. LS' birthday and the many great goals he score for us... Well guess what? He's with another club who will now celebrate his achievements, which are far greater than the ones he achieved with us!
----
The sooner we get beyond self promoting our past the better!
----
Klopp mentioned something similar in his first LFC interview
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby parchpea » Mon Jan 30, 2017 2:28 pm

Comolli has stirred it up for FSG suggesting he had to average 10m per player max spend during his time there. 

Example Couthino 8m and Sturridge 12m.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Jan 30, 2017 2:57 pm

parchpea » Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:28 pm wrote:Comolli has stirred it up for FSG suggesting he had to average 10m per player max spend during his time there. 

That rule obviously wasn't set in stone though mate given the money we spent on Carroll, Suarez and even Hendo. It doesn't surprise me to hear that FSG set guidelines and restrictions on transfers though.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby sniffy98 » Mon Jan 30, 2017 4:02 pm

JB, spot on about Alli. Everyone has 20/20 vision with hindsight.
sniffy98

Postby parchpea » Mon Jan 30, 2017 4:50 pm

Agree the rule didnt 100% apply possibly where we have an out, Torres to pay for an in, Carroll.

Still the spirit of it doesnt help us though up against clubs that will invest literally anything, and personally feel custodians of this club need to do better than that and we should demand it.

FSG are lucky to have Liverpool and for me they just put enough food out to keep us alive but its not nearly enough.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:15 pm

Let's be honest FSG saw Liverpool as a goldmine. We are one of the most supported football clubs in the world. Now even though we were in debt FSG knew that if they bought the club on the cheap and paid off the debts they would still make a massive profit when they eventually sell the club.

This is the bit that scares me ..

There is interest from billionaires who want to buy the club, but FSG are not wanting to sell the club as of yet. So the next question is why? Why does FSG not want to make massive profit?

My theory is that FSG are all about Boston Red Sox..

So we buy players on the cheap in hope we over achieve, then some of the money can be then invested back into the club, and half of the money back into the owners back pockets. Then that money will be invested into the Red Sox.

Maybe I'm thinking too far outside the box, but why on earth wouldn't they invest properly in players, and why are they not willing to sell up at a good price?
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby Eagle » Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:09 pm

parchpea » Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:28 pm wrote:Comolli has stirred it up for FSG suggesting he had to average 10m per player max spend during his time there. 

It was 10 mil euros (not pounds) yet we spent more on Sturridge?
Eagle

Postby Penguins » Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:58 am

UvS xR4GEx » Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:15 pm wrote:Let's be honest FSG saw Liverpool as a goldmine. We are one of the most supported football clubs in the world. Now even though we were in debt FSG knew that if they bought the club on the cheap and paid off the debts they would still make a massive profit when they eventually sell the club.

This is the bit that scares me ..

There is interest from billionaires who want to buy the club, but FSG are not wanting to sell the club as of yet. So the next question is why? Why does FSG not want to make massive profit?

My theory is that FSG are all about Boston Red Sox..

So we buy players on the cheap in hope we over achieve, then some of the money can be then invested back into the club, and half of the money back into the owners back pockets. Then that money will be invested into the Red Sox.

Maybe I'm thinking too far outside the box, but why on earth wouldn't they invest properly in players, and why are they not willing to sell up at a good price?

Why? They want even bigger profit...
As to why they won't invest in better players the monetary reward is not big enough to risqué it.
If you want to maximize profits you do it the "Wenger" way where you buy young cheaper players, just make it to the CL and get CL money without spending to actually win trophies.
You can pocket most of the CL money and make good money on the young players that will be sold on if they are good enough for a real big club to come along and snap them up.
Because you make it so world class players wouldn't want to stay as they realize you aren't going all in to win, which the players want.
And the owners can happily just say that there was nothing they could do as the players want to leave.
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby maguskwt » Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:05 am

johnbarnes » Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:55 am wrote:I've read many posts re; Dele Alli
IMO the whole story is slowly turning into a beating rod against FSG.
We have no real proof of what went on and there is little evidence to suggest that IF Dele Alli had come to LFC that he would have still developed into the player he is today.
Spuds have got Dele Alli - WE have  Coutinho
That's just football...
Anything else is just crystal ball and witchcraft!

That's like saying "Yeah... I see the man drowning, but even if I went and rescued him, it is not 100% sure that he would survive... so just let it be..."  :glare:
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:19 am

FSG: bear in mind a simple point: rich Russians (corrupt b*stards) can throw tens of millions at buying a player out of petty cash. So can rich arab owners (corrupt b*stards). Everyone else needs a business plan and we've just built a new stand.

Arsenal went through a similar lean period watching others flash the cash when they built the new emirates stadium so y'know it's not unusual.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Penguins » Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:29 am

So then we can look forward to the same then?
Winning **** all for 10 years at least.
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:59 am

Hey mate, we're very good at spending money - badly.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion