MOHAMED SALAH - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby redshade » Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:36 pm

Problem is we were used to his goals galore blitz last season and to be honest i had a glitch this season Salah won't be the same.
He will score plenty but don't expect the same app/goals ratio.
Yup I'd rest him vs saints and give Shaq a go.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:55 pm

I reckon he'll get around 30 this season. 40+ two seasons in a row, is a long shot
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:21 pm

He looks like he's trying too hard to me, he needs to forget about last season's heroics and having the hopes of a nation on his shoulders etc and just go out and play football. He looks like a player playing under pressure.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:56 pm

It's not the lack of goals that's the problem but his decision making and overall performance is just poor. I agree with yakka, he does look like he's trying too much and looks like he's playing under a lot of pressure.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:03 am

I don't think he has been that bad myself  :no Certainly not at the level he was last season but its only 6 games in.

Tonight was the first mistake I think I have ever seen him make and its certainly not worth a spell on the bench over one poor game by last seasons standards. He just needs a game where he bags a few and his confidence will grow again.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:06 am

red till i die!! » Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:03 am wrote:I don't think he has been that bad myself  :no Certainly not at the level he was last season but its only 6 games in.

Tonight was the first mistake I think I have ever seen him make and its certainly not worth a spell on the bench over one poor game by last seasons standards. He just needs a game where he bags a few and his confidence will grow again.

This, he started last season slower and missed some chances then found a groove, nothing to say it wont happen again. I have heard he is having issues with the Egyptian FA and government.

On throwing the bottle it is understandable. He is angry at himself and not Klopp for subbing him and that is ok, we need our players to hold themselves accountable to themselves as that is the only way they get better. I guarantee he celebrated the goal in the dressing room.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:56 pm

kazza wrote:
red till i die!! » Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:03 am wrote:I don't think he has been that bad myself  :no Certainly not at the level he was last season but its only 6 games in.

This, he started last season slower and missed some chances then found a groove, nothing to say it wont happen again. I have heard he is having issues with the Egyptian FA and government.

On throwing the bottle it is understandable. He is angry at himself and not Klopp for subbing him and that is ok, we need our players to hold themselves accountable to themselves as that is the only way they get better. I guarantee he celebrated the goal in the dressing room.

Those spats with the Egyptian FA could have an effect on him as it must be disheartening for the lad to be involved in all of that. I have seen a video where he is celebrating the goal but then slams the bottle down to the ground before some Numpty Journo Tarantino's it.

You are right though in that the players have to want to improve themselves but I don't see that being an issue with Mo. He gives 100% every game and always tries his hardest.

The biggest problem I see is from our plastic fans who want him dropped because he hasn't carried on his ridiculous form from last year. By Mo's standards last season was unbelievable as he has never came close to that level before but now its deemed par for the course from him.

In Mane's first year he had a massive impact and then less so last season but now he looks back to his best. It could be similar with Mo where he suffers a similar hang over from his debut season. Even if he doesn't hit those heights to bag 44 goals he will pass 20 easy.

Still one of the first names on the sheet to play Southampton for me  :nod
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:01 pm

Best thing about our team is the forwards have a great chemistry and pick each other up. Not worried about Mo, he is an excellent player.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boocity » Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:09 am

He's trying too hard and sometimes, the harder you try the more mistakes creep in, maybe he should see that sports psychologist we got from the british cycling team. :D
Last edited by Boocity on Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:30 am

Can whoever kidnapped Salah and replaced him with  the one we've got now please return him asap?
:glare:
Thommo's perm

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:01 pm

I'm Sure he will return to his goal scoring best sooner rather than later.

Maybe a Hattrick versus Southampton on Saturday will do the trick.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby parchpea » Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:48 pm

Not even Salah knows if he can hit the highs of last season and this is why you have a manager and coaches to support and guide him through difficult periods.

Everything he hit last campaign landed in the bullseye so it's maybe unrealistic to expect that again. You can see how driven he is so I would doubt he will go from hero to zero and will rack up a very good amount of goals and assists.

Shakiri is chomping at the bit too, feeding him raw meat before awarding a start. A bull terrier pulling on his lead.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Sep 30, 2018 2:40 pm

Thommo's perm » Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:30 am wrote:Can whoever kidnapped Salah and replaced him with  the one we've got now please return him asap?

Needs to sever what ever ties he's got with that f*cking mop he's balancing on his swede.

RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:12 pm

Thommo's perm » Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:30 am wrote:Can whoever kidnapped Salah and replaced him with  the one we've got now please return him asap?

:laugh:

Seriously though  :;):

Was his last season just a "one season wonder" ?

Doubt his valuation now is anywhere near what it was just two months ago.   :(

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Franky000 » Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:04 pm

I think the CL final hit him hard, and not just physically. Also the Egyptians worship him like Tutankhamun, so maybe he’s not comfortable with that sort of pressure. Then there’s the possibility that he’s still injured from the final and as a result is more apprehensive in his play.

All I know is that if he hits the heights of last season we will have a v good chance of winning some silverware.
Franky000

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion