MAMADOU SAKHO - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Apr 23, 2016 8:20 pm

Agree yakka. anything they are taking should be approved by the club doctors first and surely the club has a policy instructing them to do so.
Its bound to be the all over the back pages tomorrow so it might shed a better light on the matter.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Sat Apr 23, 2016 8:41 pm

I wonder if the player will get punished or club aswel.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Apr 23, 2016 8:59 pm

What a mess. If he's taken something without telling the club - i.e a weight loss supplement due to him being overweight - then that'd explain why the club doctors know nothing about it. How could they, without taking some tests?

Might be something innocent - the lad hasn't been found guilty of anything, yet - but if guilty of taking something he shouldn't have then he'll be facing a 6 month ban. If so, the club should fine him too...
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Apr 23, 2016 10:20 pm

7_Kewell » Sat Apr 23, 2016 7:59 pm wrote:What a mess. If he's taken something without telling the club - i.e a weight loss supplement due to him being overweight - then that'd explain why the club doctors know nothing about it. How could they, without taking some tests?

Might be something innocent - the lad hasn't been found guilty of anything, yet - but if guilty of taking something he shouldn't have then he'll be facing a 6 month ban. If so, the club should fine him too...

Davey Thompson was the co commentator on today's game for Radio Merseyside and he said a lot of these weight loss pills contain caffeine and he'd heard of instances of players taking them to liven themselves up before a game, he also said though that sometimes these pills can contain banned substances like ephedrine as well as the caffeine.
He said if players were going to go down that route of taking diet pills before a game to kick start their senses into gear as it were then they had to be 100% sure that they didn't contain any banned substances.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby only me » Sat Apr 23, 2016 11:02 pm

What a mess....So now he plays the stupid card and hopes for the best...always loved the guy but if that's being confirmed get rid immidiatly.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby maguskwt » Sun Apr 24, 2016 12:56 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Apr 23, 2016 9:20 pm wrote:
7_Kewell » Sat Apr 23, 2016 7:59 pm wrote:What a mess. If he's taken something without telling the club - i.e a weight loss supplement due to him being overweight - then that'd explain why the club doctors know nothing about it. How could they, without taking some tests?

Davey Thompson was the co commentator on today's game for Radio Merseyside and he said a lot of these weight loss pills contain caffeine and he'd heard of instances of players taking them to liven themselves up before a game, he also said though that sometimes these pills can contain banned substances like ephedrine as well as the caffeine.
He said if players were going to go down that route of taking diet pills before a game to kick start their senses into gear as it were then they had to be 100% sure that they didn't contain any banned substances.

WTF... they might as well just take a cup of coffee before the match if they want to liven themselves...

What I'm worried is the involvement of the club doctors now... I hope they are not involved...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Sun Apr 24, 2016 5:35 am

Liverpool team-mate Kolo Toure was suspended six months by Wada for taking fat-burning pills while still at Manchester City in March 2011.

It's player specific, not club.

Our season has imploded, how sad. Bye bye Uefa cup.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Sun Apr 24, 2016 5:54 am

First we lose Origi who was on fire and now possibly Sakho who has been on form recently.
Things are looking grim for Europa.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Doeboy » Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:04 am

Come on lads, anyone would think we are playing against Barca with some of the comments here. It's Villarreal, sure a decent team but even without Sakho, Origi and Can, we should be getting past them.
Doeboy

Postby JC_81 » Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:23 am

Agreed Doeboy.

We are still in decent shape. We can still field a front 3 of Coutinho, Firmino and Sturridge which could hurt any team.

Allen has been decent when he's come on in recent games and could come in pretty fresh.

My main concern is centre half where Lovren and Sakho have formed a good partnership. Lovren seems to look weaker when paired with anyone else (Skrtel especially). Kolo is still capable of a big performance though. We need three out of him in the Europa league, that's it.

I think Sakho was likely to end up on the bench next season at the expense of Matip anyway. He's become a bit of a cult figure and I like him,  but positionally he is a liability at times, especially when we press and hold a high defensive line (Dortmund at home for examples). So even if he's banned for 6 months I don't think it'll hurt us as much as some think.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:30 am

Doeboy » Sun Apr 24, 2016 9:04 am wrote:Come on lads, anyone would think we are playing against Barca with some of the comments here. It's Villarreal, sure a decent team but even without Sakho, Origi and Can, we should be getting past them.

Yep, we still have a lot of good players including the likes of Sturridge, Coutinho, Firmino and Lallana up top.
Btw how did Toure play yesterday? Given Lucas's MoM performance against City at Wembley I'd be tempted to throw him in on Thurdsay next to Lovren.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby only me » Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:40 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Apr 24, 2016 9:30 am wrote:
Doeboy » Sun Apr 24, 2016 9:04 am wrote:Come on lads, anyone would think we are playing against Barca with some of the comments here. It's Villarreal, sure a decent team but even without Sakho, Origi and Can, we should be getting past them.

Yep, we still have a lot of good players including the likes of Sturridge, Coutinho, Firmino and Lallana up top.
Btw how did Toure play yesterday? Given Lucas's MoM performance against City at Wembley I'd be tempted to throw him in on Thurdsay next to Lovren.

We still have more ammo but lets face it we are better with Origi ,Can and Sakho and Villareal are a very tough opponent.
I thought Toure played very well yesterday but still not the ideal choice against a quick feet team like the Spaniards...But hey that's the cards we were dealt.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby andy_g » Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:57 pm

can anyone explain to me what the deal is with this B sample? i read that sakho is deciding whether to submit it for testing or not. if he submits the B sample and fails again is the penalty harsher or something? is it different to if he just pleads guilty after the first sample?

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:01 pm

When a sample is taken it is split into two containers and sealed. The procedure is observed by the tester but everything else down to the sealing of the samples and labelling is done by the person being tested. The first one gets tested and if anything shows up the relevant person is then notified of a rule breach and is then advised to seek legal representation/advice.

The B sample remains sealed and untested till notice is served and at the offenders request can be opened and tested while him and his legal representatives are present. If it is negative then said charge is withdrawn but if it confirms the offence the offender begins an immediate suspension.

There is no added punishment for requesting it be tested as far as I know. If he chooses not to get it tested then he is probably guilty.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby eds » Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:38 am

Seriously of all the idiotic things.........fat burning pills

FFS :no
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion