MAMADOU SAKHO - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby C-R » Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:09 am

yuuup 6-8 weeks, but it could have been the entire season
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SkippyRed » Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:26 pm

If he has avoided surgery he could come back earlier, but 6-8 is the ball park for this type of injury. Good news it isn't 3-4 months or the season, but when he got back up and running I was confident he was ok.

It was just when he went to jump, which is more cartilage than ligament.
SkippyRed
LFC Advanced Member

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:05 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Nov 09, 2015 2:31 pm wrote:
C-R » Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:12 pm wrote:Reports breaking its his ACL and he could be out for the season

Source: http://www.thisisanfield.com/2015/11/re ... l-setback/

Gutted for him, fair dues to the fella for trying to continue even though he had a serious injury. I'm f**king fed up of these people saying we need more English or scouse players in the team and I say that as a scouser. What we really need is more players who 'get' the club like Sakho and Agger. A few years ago when everyone was bailing out of Anfield left right and centre Danny's answer to interest from Barcelona was to state in the press that he didn't want to leave Liverpool and to reiterate the point he got YNWA tattooed across his knuckles, now here's Sakho trying to run off an injury that has finished players careers in the past, he must have been in agony but wild horses weren't going to drag him off that pitch.
Proper liverpool players the pair of them.

Him staying on was probably the worst thing he could do. Had he of come off after he 1st felt it then he might not be out for so long. I admire his tenacity to keep going but it could end up costing him or us. Lovren is bound to get a good run of games now and if he turns it around for himself mama might have to wait it out.
In the meantime if Skrtel or Lovren pick up an injury we are fooked.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby LFC1990 » Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:40 am

TBH lovren isn't as bad as he is made out to be. He was playing in a team with low confidence and limited protection the inpact Lucas has to our defence in the majority of games is a luxury for Cbs something I don't think Lovren experienced much at his timethus far

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby aCe' » Wed Nov 11, 2015 1:32 pm

LFC1990 » Wed Nov 11, 2015 1:40 pm wrote:TBH lovren isn't as bad as he is made out to be. He was playing in a team with low confidence and limited protection the inpact Lucas has to our defence in the majority of games is a luxury for Cbs something I don't think Lovren experienced much at his timethus far

Completely agree. He looked a top CB before we signed him. You dont become ***** overnight. I expect him to do well.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Wed Nov 11, 2015 3:34 pm

I wouldn't say his been poor overnight its more like last season and going into this season. I'd say he hasn't been the same player since he left Southampton. Last season he was poor and same goes for this season.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Nov 11, 2015 7:04 pm

Lovren plays well most of the time it's just that he is one of those players who seems to have a mistake in him and unfortunately for him he's going through one of those runs where every time he drops a clanger the opposition make the most of it.
Some players can make error after error and nothing happens but if Lovren makes one slip up you can almost guarantee that the ball will end up in our net, he's been unlucky in that way.
He's going to have a decent run in the side now though and at 26 he's still pretty young for a CB so there's no reason why he can't turn things around, Mark Wright was in a similar position 20 years ago and ended up club Captain.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Thu Nov 12, 2015 12:31 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb:
"Some players can make error after error and nothing happens but if Lovren makes one slip up you can almost guarantee that the ball will end up in our net, he's been unlucky in that way."

:bowdown
:laugh:
Thommo's perm

Postby JC_81 » Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:12 pm

We'll massively miss Sakho, he's been quality since he came into the side.

Lovren has frankly been a complete liability since he signed. If Klopp can make a player out of him then he deserves a medal.

I've never ever seen a defender not want to deal with anything to the degree of Lovren. He plays the game as if he doesn't think putting in a challenge or winning an aerial battle is a centre back's job.

He will cost us goals between now and January, of that I'm certain.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SkippyRed » Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:24 pm

Yeh I literally have no confidence going forward with Lovren and Skrtle as the combo. None what so ever.

This injury is *****.
SkippyRed
LFC Advanced Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Dec 15, 2015 10:06 pm

Any updates on this guy? Could REALLY do with him getting back in the team with Lovern out .
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SkippyRed » Tue Dec 15, 2015 11:18 pm

SkippyRed » Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:24 am wrote:Yeh I literally have no confidence going forward with Lovren and Skrtle as the combo. None what so ever.

This injury is *****.

Happy to be wrong here. But stoked Sakho is on his way back.
SkippyRed
LFC Advanced Member

Postby C-R » Wed Dec 16, 2015 6:57 am

7_Kewell » Tue Dec 15, 2015 10:06 pm wrote:Any updates on this guy? Could REALLY do with him getting back in the team with Lovern out .

He will be back against Watford
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Pig Catcher » Mon Jan 18, 2016 3:00 pm

I'm a Sakho fan but since his injury that was the first solid performance he has put in. In fact, he was very good.

Does look like we rushed his back from injury after Lovren got injured. Klopp said he has a problem and will need to be managed.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Jan 18, 2016 6:24 pm

Pig Catcher » Mon Jan 18, 2016 2:00 pm wrote:I'm a Sakho fan but since his injury that was the first solid performance he has put in. In fact, he was very good.

Does look like we rushed his back from injury after Lovren got injured. Klopp said he has a problem and will need to be managed.

IMO Sakho and Lovren could develop into a decent CB partnership, they are both around the 25/26 mark and are just entering the best 5 or 6 years of their careers, both are decent in the air, physically strong, reasonably quick and are comfortable on the ball too.
So much of defending is about reading the game/positional play and at the age they are at now that experience that they've gained over the first half of their careers should be just starting to kick in.
I originally thought we'd been ripped off with Lovren but to be fair to him he's shown an awful lot of character to turn his career around here. I particularly liked the way he tried to battle on when he was injured against West Brom and to be fair Sakho's cut from that same type of cloth as well, both have deffo got leadership qualities.
With a decent keeper behind them and a bit of work on the training ground I think they could turn out alright.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion