MAMADOU SAKHO - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby andy_g » Sat Apr 30, 2016 5:52 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:06 pm wrote:It could even get worse, there's an article in today's guardian titled - Liverpool should not be in Europa League after Mamadou Sakho's failed test.
This type of thing doesn't just reflect bad on Sakho, it paints the club in a poor light too.

i often read the guardian football section as its mostly quality journalism. but this article is pure clickbait and an easy way for journalist to make a sensationalist assumption and get a thousand comments in an hour. i wrote a comment saying so and it got deleted.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Sat Apr 30, 2016 6:22 am

You need 2 or more players to fail a drug test to be kicked from the competition
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Sat May 28, 2016 2:00 pm

MASSIVE NEWS

French media reporting that Sakho is being cleared of doping and will receive no punishment.

Breaking News.... Mamadou Sakho set to be cleared of doping & to receive no further punishment

http://www.lequipe.fr/Football/Actualit ... ndu/684087

Translation...

The one-month suspension as protection issued by UEFA against the French defender is not extended. It should be relaxed this week .

Mamadou Sakho is no longer suspended. Worth a month imposed a precaution by UEFA on April 28, has not been extended by the European body and the French international defender Liverpool (26) is now allowed to resume operations professional. In all likelihood, Sakho, who had tested positive in a doping test after the eighth-final second leg Europa League against Manchester United (1-1), March 17, is likely to be relaxed in a few days. The arguments presented by its English lawyers were retained: the fat burner that has ingested was not on the list of unauthorized products, its line of defense from the start. The doping charge was therefore eliminated. Does he still have a chance to rejoin the group if Didier Deschamps Jérémy Mathieu does not recover sufficiently from his injury in the calf? The coach has to make its final list for Euro May 31 ...

If the above is accurate, this would be fantastic news for him and the club
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Sat May 28, 2016 2:48 pm

C-R » Sat May 28, 2016 2:00 pm wrote:MASSIVE NEWS

French media reporting that Sakho is being cleared of doping and will receive no punishment.

Breaking News.... Mamadou Sakho set to be cleared of doping & to receive no further punishment

http://www.lequipe.fr/Football/Actualit ... ndu/684087

Translation...

The one-month suspension as protection issued by UEFA against the French defender is not extended. It should be relaxed this week .

Mamadou Sakho is no longer suspended. Worth a month imposed a precaution by UEFA on April 28, has not been extended by the European body and the French international defender Liverpool (26) is now allowed to resume operations professional. In all likelihood, Sakho, who had tested positive in a doping test after the eighth-final second leg Europa League against Manchester United (1-1), March 17, is likely to be relaxed in a few days. The arguments presented by its English lawyers were retained: the fat burner that has ingested was not on the list of unauthorized products, its line of defense from the start. The doping charge was therefore eliminated. Does he still have a chance to rejoin the group if Didier Deschamps Jérémy Mathieu does not recover sufficiently from his injury in the calf? The coach has to make its final list for Euro May 31 ...

If the above is accurate, this would be fantastic news for him and the club

the mainstream outlets in the UK have got hold of this now, looking very good indeed  :nod
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat May 28, 2016 2:51 pm

looks promising but I'm not getting my hopes up too much until he's officially given the all clear.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby C-R » Sat May 28, 2016 2:55 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat May 28, 2016 2:51 pm wrote:looks promising but I'm not getting my hopes up too much until he's officially given the all clear.

No confirmation on the Sakho news, but worth nothing that L'Equipe were the first to report the initial ban. Fingers crossed.

Plus the Echo now reporting it...

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/fo ... d-11398710

and The Guardian

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... doping-ban
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat May 28, 2016 3:25 pm

http://www.eurosport.co.uk/football/premier-league/2015-2016/sakho-s-provisional-suspension-for-doping-offence-lifted-by-uefa-l-equipe_sto5621342/story.shtml?

Fucking UEFA are a disgrace ,surely the player is due some compensation for the shit they put him through   ???
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Sat May 28, 2016 3:26 pm

Funny you mention compensation, I have already seen an online petition started by somebody demanding that UEFA place us in the CL next season in a form of compensation for losing our best defender in the EL final  :laugh:
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat May 28, 2016 3:37 pm

C-R » Sat May 28, 2016 2:26 pm wrote:

Funny you mention compensation, I have already seen an online petition started by somebody demanding that UEFA place us in the CL next season in a form of compensation for losing our best defender in the EL final  :laugh:

There will be a veritable queue of blurts compiling all sorts of petitions ,however I was thinking more on the stress its caused to the player ,not to mention the effect the ban has had on his Liverpool career,then throw in his now severely depleted chance of making the Euro's.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Sat May 28, 2016 5:41 pm

Great news. Hoping it all gets finalised so we don't waste money now on another CB. At the moment Sakho Lovren and Matip are good enough.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat May 28, 2016 6:22 pm

C-R » Sat May 28, 2016 1:55 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat May 28, 2016 2:51 pm wrote:looks promising but I'm not getting my hopes up too much until he's officially given the all clear.

No confirmation on the Sakho news, but worth nothing that L'Equipe were the first to report the initial ban. Fingers crossed.

Plus the Echo now reporting it...

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/fo ... d-11398710

and The Guardian

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... doping-ban

It is looking increasingly likely that he'll be cleared of any wrongdoing mate but as I say I won't believe it until it's official, we are talking about Liverpool football club here, if something can go wrong it will do.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Klopptomaniac » Sat May 28, 2016 6:47 pm

So they ban him for 30 days and then start a process to make the substance that he took legal?

That sounds logical to me. The sh!t he's had to go through (from the ban and Liverpool wanting to avoid sanction themselves) he's surely got to be due an apology at a minimum

Absolute joke
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Sat May 28, 2016 9:24 pm

The FA, UEFA, FIFA, incompetent, corrupt, feeble, gang of urinal sniffing cu'nts. They couldnt make a decent, fair decision if their life depended on it. Once again LFC suffers and has to pay the price for their disgraceful decisions. If the clubs had any balls they would all get together and kick the lot of these pr'icks out of football.
:veryangry
Thommo's perm

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun May 29, 2016 3:27 pm

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-defender-mamadou-sakho-looks-11400674

Devastating news for the fella who has been lambasted by many ,and ridiculed in the press. I think UEFA need to make a statement atoning for their error ,because their hapless actions have had a massive impact on Sakho's standing in football.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Sun May 29, 2016 4:07 pm

They have ruined him for sure. Who knows had Sakho been in the final maybe he would have made a difference.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion