MAMADOU SAKHO - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Reg » Wed Feb 25, 2015 3:54 am

Is he over his injury yet... back in the frame for thursdee?
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Feb 25, 2015 2:57 pm

Reg » Wed Feb 25, 2015 3:54 am wrote:Is he over his injury yet... back in the frame for thursdee?

The Echo reported that he missed training yesterday and is not down for the trip to turkey. Not just him but in total 7 of the first team were left home. They are gerrard, lucas, flanno, enrique, coutinho, henderson and sakho. They have been replaced with a few from the under 21's.
Henderson I believe has a knock and coutinho is being rested after starting the last 19 games.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby C-R » Thu Apr 09, 2015 3:24 pm

Mamadou Sakho is set to miss Liverpool’s FA Cup semi-final showdown with Aston Villa at Wembley with a hamstring injury.

The France international limped out of Wednesday night’s narrow victory over Blackburn Rovers after pulling up clutching the back of his right leg.

A scan will determine the full extent of the damage but the club’s medical staff fear he will be sidelined for a minimum of two weeks.

That would rule the £15 million centre-back out of Monday night’s Premier League clash with Newcastle United at Anfield and the crunch cup tie with Villa in the capital. Sakho could also struggle to prove his fitness for the following league games against West Brom and Hull City.

Losing Sakho is a blow for boss Brendan Rodgers, who has also seen fellow centre-backs Martin Skrtel and Emre Can sidelined by suspension.
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:42 pm

Can should be back for the weekend and skrtel will be back after that one but its a shame sakho got injured  :nod  just when it looked like we were getting somewhere with the two of them.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:14 am

:bump
2nd week in a row and not even in the squad. Hope its not what it looks like because surely rodgers can't be thinking Toure will be sufficient cover for the season.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:18 am

Didn't his Mrs give birth last week? Probably away from the squad due to that, as he looked pretty good in pre-season.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:25 am

7_Kewell » Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:18 am wrote:Didn't his Mrs give birth last week? Probably away from the squad due to that, as he looked pretty good in pre-season.

2 weeks ago I think but have we become the club who gives their first team players 2 weeks off after his wife gives birth ?.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:27 am

7_Kewell » Tue Aug 18, 2015 1:18 am wrote:Didn't his Mrs give birth last week? Probably away from the squad due to that, as he looked pretty good in pre-season.

Doubt it but I hope you're right. Best CB at the club and not even on the bench  :no
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:41 am

To be fair none us know what's happened in regards to the birth of his kid. Seems too much of a coincidence to me as he played a LOT of pre-season.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:37 am

There are reports that he might leave the club before the window closes, apparently we've already turned down offers from Roma and Bayer Levekusen to take him on loan.
Brendan would have to be nuts to let him go, that would leave us with Lovren and Toure as partners for Skrtel.
If these reports are true (and that's a big IF) it would suggest that there is a lot going on behind the scene's, more than likely this issue about the transfer committee has kicked off again.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Boocity » Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:52 am

I one of the papers today BR challenged Lovren to make that position his own ???
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:10 am

Boocity » Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:52 am wrote:I one of the papers today BR challenged Lovren to make that position his own ???

You know what it wouldn't surprise me if Brendan left within the next couple of months, there seems to be an awful lot going on behind the scene's regarding his signings v committee signings and given FSG's belief in stats and the like it wouldn't surprise me if things all eventually came to a head.
He seems to be packing the side with players generally regarded as ones he wanted and the ones rumoured to be signed by the committee are being frozen out. Not sure how that will play out with John Henry, can't see him liking that.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:03 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:10 am wrote:
Boocity » Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:52 am wrote:I one of the papers today BR challenged Lovren to make that position his own ???

You know what it wouldn't surprise me if Brendan left within the next couple of months, there seems to be an awful lot going on behind the scene's regarding his signings v committee signings and given FSG's belief in stats and the like it wouldn't surprise me if things all eventually came to a head.
He seems to be packing the side with players generally regarded as ones he wanted and the ones rumoured to be signed by the committee are being frozen out. Not sure how that will play out with John Henry, can't see him liking that.

Seriously Yakka  :eyebrow
He has been allowed to show anyone he wanted the door over the last 3 years even if that came at a massive financial loss to the club. Stats mean nothing because if they did he would have been gone by now.
He is packing the team like he has always done and that is his way. What is not rumoured is the support and backing he has been given by his employers which has been given by werner and confirmed numerous times by rodgers since last season ended.

Its his 4th season in the job and people need to stop looking for excuses for him.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby parchpea » Wed Aug 19, 2015 7:04 pm

Think that Rodgers clearing out committe signings is a part of this but Sakho hasnt been great on the pitch and maybe off it when hes not picked to play.

Again hes quite a popular player, a maverick, but hes a heart stopping centre back on the ball and not many top clubs could deal with that.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby only me » Wed Aug 19, 2015 7:12 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:37 am wrote:There are reports that he might leave the club before the window closes, apparently we've already turned down offers from Roma and Bayer Levekusen to take him on loan.
Brendan would have to be nuts to let him go, that would leave us with Lovren and Toure as partners for Skrtel.
If these reports are true (and that's a big IF) it would suggest that there is a lot going on behind the scene's, more than likely this issue about the transfer committee has kicked off again.

If that's true then BR completely lost his marbles and I would sanction him being committed for thorough checkups. Sakho isn't just the best CB in the squad he is also the only one which can pass a ball forward instead of just huffing it.Hope it's just a a rumor as otherwise it is a real subbotag to the team.
only me
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion