MAMADOU SAKHO - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby ConnO'var » Sun Jan 25, 2015 7:31 am

Thought I'd bump this thread. The lad has finally started to show his abilities.. The potential was always there... Happy to see it coming to the fore. Be interesting to see if anybody has since changed their mind on him as he was getting shedloads of stick from quite a lot of fans in my neck of the woods.....
ConnO'var

Postby only me » Sun Jan 25, 2015 8:44 am

ConnO'var » Sun Jan 25, 2015 6:31 am wrote:Thought I'd bump this thread. The lad has finally started to show his abilities.. The potential was always there... Happy to see it coming to the fore. Be interesting to see if anybody has since changed their mind on him as he was getting shedloads of stick from quite a lot of fans in my neck of the woods.....

I haven't changed my mind on him ,from the first minute i said he was class  :buttrock
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby C-R » Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:05 am

Agree with the above comments, i have had long discussions on Sakho with my local LFC friend, he thinks he is useless and i think he is the best defender at the club, so we argue

But Sakho is an absolute mammoth of a player, apart from his physical dominance on the ground and in the air, his passing is top class, always passes forward, none of this me to you you to me nonsense and very rarely misses a pass

Realy good player, best defender at club, imo
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:31 am

cardiff-red » Sun Jan 25, 2015 8:05 am wrote:Agree with the above comments, i have had long discussions on Sakho with my local LFC friend, he thinks he is useless and i think he is the best defender at the club, so we argue

But Sakho is an absolute mammoth of a player, apart from his physical dominance on the ground and in the air, his passing is top class, always passes forward, none of this me to you you to me nonsense and very rarely misses a pass

People tend to discount him because he ,at times ,seems unstable on his feet almost falling backwards but overall his vast majority of passes are accurate and MEANINGFUL ,he almost plays as a MF with his passing ,deep into the central area where we can develop attacking plays and not this usual KRAP you see from defenders going sideways or backwards. He does have some blackout moments but i think almost every CB has those. Great signing for the club.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Basil » Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:54 am

I always though he tried hard but was completely devoid of any skill or composure on the ball, yes he could always do that big sidefoot pass quite well but I honetly thought he was a liability.

I'll hold my hand up and say I could have been wrong and my opinion of him is changing, he's been playing really well and his confidence on the ball has vastly improved.

Good on you Mama !
Basil

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:19 am

only me » Sun Jan 25, 2015 8:31 am wrote:
cardiff-red » Sun Jan 25, 2015 8:05 am wrote:Agree with the above comments, i have had long discussions on Sakho with my local LFC friend, he thinks he is useless and i think he is the best defender at the club, so we argue

People tend to discount him because he ,at times ,seems unstable on his feet almost falling backwards but overall his vast majority of passes are accurate and MEANINGFUL ,he almost plays as a MF with his passing ,deep into the central area where we can develop attacking plays and not this usual KRAP you see from defenders going sideways or backwards. He does have some blackout moments but i think almost every CB has those. Great signing for the club.

Yeah spot on, because he's so tall and rangy he can look a bit awkward on the ball but if he lacks anything in style he certainly doesn't lack in terms of substance - his passing from the back is not just good it's excellent.
He's starting to punch his weight physically now too and he's developing into an absolute colossus.
I like the fact that despite being a young side we now have quite a few leaders on the pitch, Sakho was captain of PSG at a young age, Lallana was captain of a very good Southampton side, Skrtel has captained both us and Slovakia, Hendo was captain of the England U21's, Lucas has captained us in the past and to me seems the natural successor to Gerrard and of course Gerrard is still there too.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Sun Jan 25, 2015 12:00 pm

Well since everyone's tapping themselves on the back I might do it myself as well, got this beast right right from the start  :nod . Djimi Traore my *****! Hope I don't jinx him now :D
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Jan 25, 2015 8:30 pm

He has done well since his reintroduction, I can't deny that but he hasn't shown enough for me to warrant being the best defender at the club. He is turning it around for himself though.
His passing is his best attribute but for me he still looks ropey, Can't head a ball cleanly and loses the run of play far too easily. Its one thing playing well and keeping clean sheets against poor sides that struggle to score goals, Our fixtures get a bit tougher now so it will be interesting to see if his good form holds up.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Dundreamin is back » Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:25 am

I would like him to impose himself in the box when we have a corner. He's the type of player who should be getting his head on the ball and thus scoring a few goals a season AKA Sammy Hyypia
Dundreamin is back
LFC Advanced Member

Postby stmichael » Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:36 pm

Easily our best centre back.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:28 pm

stmichael » Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:36 am wrote:Easily our best centre back.

At the moment he has got quite a bit of competition for that particular title, they are all playing well.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby the return of HAS » Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:00 am

Absolute boss
"We’ve got a lot of Cockneys in the team, but really, it doesn’t matter where they’re from – we’re all playing for Liverpool.” Robbie Fowler
the return of HAS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby the return of HAS » Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:01 am

P.S.

"We’ve got a lot of Cockneys in the team, but really, it doesn’t matter where they’re from – we’re all playing for Liverpool.” Robbie Fowler
the return of HAS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:28 pm

Didn't have the best of games yesterday but had a very important tackle and although I'm not a fan of thing like this, it was a crucial moment.

It's also funny :D

damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby aCe' » Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:50 pm

He has been brilliant since coming back into the side. Made a mistake covering Kane (and slipping) but aside from that he's one of the main reasons we have been defending better recently. Long may it continue
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion