Lucas - 8
Allen - 8
Henderson - 10
Sterling - 8
Coutinho - 8
Suarez - 9

Lucas an 8? :laugh:

Henderson a 10? ??? Better than Suarez?

Who scored two and set three goals up and pressed for 90 minutes?

And I don't watch the game? :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

You clearly don't.... Henderson was outstanding and thoroughly deserves 10

Lucas deserved 8 for holding the whole thing together to allow the freedom for the players in front of him to run amok amongst the Spurs players
Suarez gets a 9 for his usual contribution which is always outstanding for the world class player he is

you might begrudge Henderson his deserved MOM but I and the thousands that were at White Hart Lane , won't.  :laugh:
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby Stu the Red » Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:09 pm

supersub » Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:37 pm wrote:
Stu the Red » Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:12 pm wrote:
supersub » Mon Dec 16, 2013 12:57 pm wrote:

More proof you don't watch the game :laugh:

post by supersub  in the match ratings thread: Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:59 am

Mignolet - 7
Johnson - 6
Skrtel - 7
Sakho - 7
Flanagan - 8
Lucas - 8
Allen - 8
Henderson - 10
Sterling - 8
Coutinho - 8
Suarez - 9

Lucas an 8? :laugh:

Henderson a 10? ??? Better than Suarez?

Who scored two and set three goals up and pressed for 90 minutes?

And I don't watch the game? :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

You clearly don't.... Henderson was outstanding and thoroughly deserves 10

Lucas deserved 8 for holding the whole thing together to allow the freedom for the players in front of him to run amok amongst the Spurs players
Suarez gets a 9 for his usual contribution which is always outstanding for the world class player he is

you might begrudge Henderson his deserved MOM but I and the thousands that were at White Hart Lane , won't.  :laugh:

So just to confirm, you think Suarez, who scored two and set the other three up... played worse than Henderson... ???

You also believe that Suarez contributed only fractionally more than Lucas... ???

And Henderson's performance was equal to... or better than Suarez's performance again Norwich?

:laugh: Deary me! :D
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:39 pm

I agree about Lucas, he didn't have a very good game, but Henderson definitely deserves at least an equal rating as Suarez and had a larger contribution to the game. He assisted and scored when it really mattered, not the mention his work-rate, all that pressing and his defensive work. Truly led the entire midfield in the absence of Gerrard. Spurs couldn't even reach Lucas, maybe that's why I didn't see him contribute enough.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby supersub » Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:41 pm

I would like to think players who raise there game above and beyond expectations are marked accordingly....you on the other hand don't .... I'm clearly in a better place than you with regards to our squad of players...
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:44 pm

Can I just insist that the match ratings thread remains sacred and not demeaned ? Could posters possibly refrain from copy and pasting said appraisals
with the sole purpose of provoking reaction ? As this could deter posters from proffering their respective judgements in the future,rather than be subject
to the usual  dissenting voice.

That is slowly becoming deafeningly  LOUDER and LOUDER and LOUDER
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stu the Red » Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:05 pm

damjan193 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:39 pm wrote:I agree about Lucas, he didn't have a very good game, but Henderson definitely deserves at least an equal rating as Suarez and had a larger contribution to the game. He assisted and scored when it really mattered, not the mention his work-rate, all that pressing and his defensive work. Truly led the entire midfield in the absence of Gerrard. Spurs couldn't even reach Lucas, maybe that's why I didn't see him contribute enough.

Henderson had a fantastic game. No question, I gave him an 8 and it was a toss up between an 8 and 9, wouldn't argue with either. How on earth people can say he was better than Suarez though is beyond me.

Henderson performed well above his usual standards, Suarez performed at his usual standard... that's the only justification I can think of.

I'm going to repeat what Suarez done in the match... SCORED TWICE AND SET THREE UP! He also ran his ***** off.

I'm sorry, but in a five nil win, thats the best player on the pitch even if he miscontrols everything else during the game!
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:43 pm

Stu the Red » Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:05 pm wrote:
damjan193 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:39 pm wrote:I agree about Lucas, he didn't have a very good game, but Henderson definitely deserves at least an equal rating as Suarez and had a larger contribution to the game. He assisted and scored when it really mattered, not the mention his work-rate, all that pressing and his defensive work. Truly led the entire midfield in the absence of Gerrard. Spurs couldn't even reach Lucas, maybe that's why I didn't see him contribute enough.

Henderson had a fantastic game. No question, I gave him an 8 and it was a toss up between an 8 and 9, wouldn't argue with either. How on earth people can say he was better than Suarez though is beyond me.

Henderson performed well above his usual standards, Suarez performed at his usual standard... that's the only justification I can think of.

I'm going to repeat what Suarez done in the match... SCORED TWICE AND SET THREE UP! He also ran his ***** off.

I'm sorry, but in a five nil win, thats the best player on the pitch even if he miscontrols everything else during the game!

I guess I just rate players differently.

I felt that the game was won mostly because of our high pressure done by our midfield, which was led by Jordan. But not only did Jordan press high, ran forward in attack, tracked back in defense and passed the ball intelligently, he was also responsible as much as Suarez was for the first goal and he scored the second, the two most important goals of the game.

I just think that Henderson worked a bit harder and contributed a bit more. Both were fantastic though and it's very understandable if someone thinks that Suarez was better. It really doesn't matter at the end. What matters is the 3 points... and the 5 away goals vs Spurs :D
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby supersub » Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:15 am

[quote="[url=http://www.liverpoolfc-newkit.co.uk/viewtopic.php?p=1225431#p1225431]damjan193 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:43 pm[/url

I felt that the game was won mostly because of our high pressure done by our midfield, which was led by Jordan. But not only did Jordan press high, ran forward in attack, tracked back in defense and passed the ball intelligently, he was also responsible as much as Suarez was for the first goal and he scored the second, the two most important goals of the game.

I just think that Henderson worked a bit harder and contributed a bit more. Both were fantastic though and it's very understandable if someone thinks that Suarez was better. It really doesn't matter at the end. What matters is the 3 points... and the 5 away goals vs Spurs :D[/quote]

I have to agree ......
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby Kenny Kan » Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:46 am

I thought Lucas had a good game to. Started slow and a bit off the pace I thought but in the end came out on (with our other midfielders of course) top against a team who I thought would totally overrun our midfield. I must say the harrying from Allen, Henderson, Sterling, Countinho and Suarez set the tone for the match and Lucas was able to come in solidify us with a good game. Much better than we've previously seen from him.

As for whoever was better out of Henderson and Suarez, well, as someone said it doesn't really matter but I thought Suarez again was THE man. Henderson had an outstanding game by his standards, hope he can keep this up.
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby Stu the Red » Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:19 pm

damjan193 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:43 pm wrote:
Stu the Red » Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:05 pm wrote:

I just think that Henderson worked a bit harder and contributed a bit more. Both were fantastic though and it's very understandable if someone thinks that Suarez was better. It really doesn't matter at the end. What matters is the 3 points... and the 5 away goals vs Spurs :D

High pressure game led by Henderson? What planet are you on? Suarez works harder than any other player in that side and always has done. He never stops chasing defenders.

Henderson had a great game (for once)... but to suggest it was he, who was the catalyst for the win is completely crazy. Suarez is like a one man wrecking machine, he's scoring or setting up near enough every goal we score. Why people can't see that is beyond me, its almost like some don't realise how good a player we actually have playing for us.

Suarez is making average premier league players look better than they actually are.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby Alex G. » Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:29 pm

As long as Liverpool keep this player as one of the 11 starters, this club is condemned. ABSOLUTELY *****.

The personification of MEDIOCRITY.
Alex G.
LFC Super Member

Postby Stu the Red » Sun Dec 29, 2013 5:17 am

Alex G. » Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:29 pm wrote:As long as Liverpool keep this player as one of the 11 starters, this club is condemned. ABSOLUTELY *****.

You can't say stuff like that on here lad, Lucas is a god on these boards.

Some say he's the best in the land... :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:56 am

his lack of athleticism is a big concern for me, once someone goes past him he hasnt got the pace to get goal side again.
he`s probably one of the reasons why luis is so open to the idea of staying though, they are best mates.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Sun Dec 29, 2013 12:22 pm

Stu the Red » Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:17 am wrote:
Alex G. » Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:29 pm wrote:As long as Liverpool keep this player as one of the 11 starters, this club is condemned. ABSOLUTELY *****.

I certainly do not think he is God or the best in the land but he is not "The personification of MEDIOCRITY" either as I think that both statements are equally wrong.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stu the Red » Sun Dec 29, 2013 2:20 pm

kazza » Sun Dec 29, 2013 12:22 pm wrote:
Stu the Red » Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:17 am wrote:

I certainly do not think he is God or the best in the land but he is not "The personification of MEDIOCRITY" either as I think that both statements are equally wrong.

Sorry Lazza but thats exactly what he is.

He doesn't do anything mate, there isn't an attribute in his game you'd say is quality, let alone top class.

There are probably 20 midfield players who are definately better than he is in the league and another 20 that are debatable.

The lad is nowhere near upto it.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion