LUCAS LEIVA - OFFICIAL THREAD

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Stu the Red » Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:15 pm

Do you believe Lucas to be better than Hamann was?
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby Fowler_E7 » Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:28 pm

When Lucas Leiva became a first team regular, we become a mid table side, now of course thats not entirely his fault, however the difference in quality between him Alonso is absolutely vast, it was immediately clear that we had replaced a world class player with a very average one and in a crucial area of the pitch and we havnt recovered since.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stu the Red » Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:56 am

Fowler_E7 » Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:28 pm wrote:When Lucas Leiva became a first team regular, we become a mid table side, now of course thats not entirely his fault, however the difference in quality between him Alonso is absolutely vast, it was immediately clear that we had replaced a world class player with a very average one and in a crucial area of the pitch and we havnt recovered since.

:nod
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Sat Nov 30, 2013 2:54 pm

I think it's a good thing that we're starting to see that a player like Lucas just isn't good enough for us (and I'm a fan of his). I wouldn't go as far as Stu, saying that he's an average tackler and Sh*t at everything else, but I do believe that Lucas isn't good enough to be one of our key players. He was OK when we were mid table, but now we need something better if we want to go back to what we were (and step by step, we're getting there). I still think that Lucas has a role to play for us, just not as big as it was a season or two ago. If we qualify for the CL, I expect Lucas not to feature for us as often but still play a part.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Stu the Red » Sat Nov 30, 2013 3:11 pm

damjan193 » Sat Nov 30, 2013 2:54 pm wrote:I think it's a good thing that we're starting to see that a player like Lucas just isn't good enough for us (and I'm a fan of his). I wouldn't go as far as Stu, saying that he's an average tackler and Sh*t at everything else, but I do believe that Lucas isn't good enough to be one of our key players. He was OK when we were mid table, but now we need something better if we want to go back to what we were (and step by step, we're getting there). I still think that Lucas has a role to play for us, just not as big as it was a season or two ago. If we qualify for the CL, I expect Lucas not to feature for us as often but still play a part.

I didn't say he's an average tackler and Sh*t at everything else though did I?

I simply made the point that he's excellent at nothing and average at a lot...

He's a premier league footballer without a doubt and he's not a bad one. But people need to realise he's nowhere near as good as most of the decent midfielders in the league.

There are better midfielders playing for Sunderland and Newcastle and other teams that have nowhere near the ambitions we have.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby metalhead » Sun Dec 01, 2013 3:54 am

Lucasss, what a boss playa, boss :buttrock
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:24 pm

Stu the Red » Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:56 am wrote:
Fowler_E7 » Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:28 pm wrote:When Lucas Leiva became a first team regular, we become a mid table side, now of course thats not entirely his fault, however the difference in quality between him Alonso is absolutely vast, it was immediately clear that we had replaced a world class player with a very average one and in a crucial area of the pitch and we havnt recovered since.

Stu - Did Lucas really replace Alonso and was that ever the intention? I think Lucas is more of a Mascherano or Hamann type of a player. I've never thought of any of those players as being overly creative. I just don't think we have got anywhere near to replacing Xabi and I certainly wouldn't blame Lucas for that. Lets face it he is not that easy to replace. Who know perhaps he will come back in January.......
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Stu the Red » Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:51 am

devaney » Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:24 pm wrote:
Stu the Red » Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:56 am wrote:

Stu - Did Lucas really replace Alonso and was that ever the intention? I think Lucas is more of a Mascherano or Hamann type of a player. I've never thought of any of those players as being overly creative. I just don't think we have got anywhere near to replacing Xabi and I certainly wouldn't blame Lucas for that. Lets face it he is not that easy to replace. Who know perhaps he will come back in January.......

Oh come off it...

The lad played regularly the season after Alonso left. I'm sorry but the excuses for him are wearing thin. He's a central midfielder for gods sake... None of this "DM" or "AM" football manager rubbish that people want to talk about. He's a centre mid, who's not upto it. End of story. A centre mid, is a centre mid, is a centre mid... you get the picture. I'm sick of the "DM" excuses coming out for a player who's completely inadequate.

Mascherano was hugely overated and wasn't creative. Hamann had more in his locker (far more) than both.

Lucas was completely bossed by yet another midfielder today who shown him to be the average player he still is and always will be. As I said earlier in the thread, Huddlestone's a far better player. Today proved it.

Lucas contributed absolutely NOTHING!

AGAIN!
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby supersub » Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:20 pm

its a shame you clearly don't watch the game....SG scored a goal , misplaced nearly every pass he attempted and contributed nothing else but 3 or 4 corners that missed every one in the box....he is our captain fantastic who hasn't bossed a midfield for 4-5 years...it's certainly not Lucas's position to boss a midfield like Alonso but SG has always proclaimed the centre mid position as his preferred role....if you can't see the difference between midfielders and their specific areas of expertise then you clearly just watch football on a foozeball table
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby Stu the Red » Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:54 pm

supersub » Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:20 pm wrote:its a shame you clearly don't watch the game....SG scored a goal , misplaced nearly every pass he attempted and contributed nothing else but 3 or 4 corners that missed every one in the box....he is our captain fantastic who hasn't bossed a midfield for 4-5 years...it's certainly not Lucas's position to boss a midfield like Alonso but SG has always proclaimed the centre mid position as his preferred role....if you can't see the difference between midfielders and their specific areas of expertise then you clearly just watch football on a foozeball table

Er... Lucas thread?

I know you can't resist having a pop at Gerrard in every post you make these days... but do us a favour... try and balance it out. Your lover boy Lucas, yesterday, produced one of the worst performances I've ever seen by a Liverpool midfielder. You dismiss Gerrard's contributes as "only scoring a goal"...

Well i'm quite sure, if anyone was given a choice between a player who "only scores a goal" or a player who contributes absolutely zero they'd take the one who can score every time. Lucas didn't do anything. He didn't tackle, he didnt' run, he didn't head, he didn't pass. He was woeful yesterday, even by his own low standards.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby Red Focus » Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:53 am

One thing I don't like about Lucas is, he has a stupid tendency to give away silly free kicks in dangerous positions and gets himself booked too often.
Red Focus
LFC Member

Postby Stu the Red » Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:24 pm

Red Focus » Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:53 am wrote:One thing I don't like about Lucas is, he has a stupid tendency to give away silly free kicks in dangerous positions and gets himself booked too often.

Anyone can give away a free kick, especially when you're attempt as many tackles as Lucas does in a game (usually). I have no problem with that as it least it shows he's putting in the effort. The occasional brain dead challenge is just one of those things that I think you're going to get from average players like Lucas. On Sunday though, his effort wasn't there. Which left nothing else unfortunately.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby Stu the Red » Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:24 pm

Red Focus » Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:53 am wrote:One thing I don't like about Lucas is, he has a stupid tendency to give away silly free kicks in dangerous positions and gets himself booked too often.

Anyone can give away a free kick, especially when you're attempt as many tackles as Lucas does in a game (usually). I have no problem with that as it least it shows he's putting in the effort. The occasional brain dead challenge is just one of those things that I think you're going to get from average players like Lucas. On Sunday though, his effort wasn't there. Which left nothing else unfortunately.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby supersub » Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:30 am

Stu the Red » Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:54 pm wrote:
supersub » Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:20 pm wrote:its a shame you clearly don't watch the game....SG scored a goal , misplaced nearly every pass he attempted and contributed nothing else but 3 or 4 corners that missed every one in the box....he is our captain fantastic who hasn't bossed a midfield for 4-5 years...it's certainly not Lucas's position to boss a midfield like Alonso but SG has always proclaimed the centre mid position as his preferred role....if you can't see the difference between midfielders and their specific areas of expertise then you clearly just watch football on a foozeball table

Er... Lucas thread?

I know you can't resist having a pop at Gerrard in every post you make these days... but do us a favour... try and balance it out. Your lover boy Lucas, yesterday, produced one of the worst performances I've ever seen by a Liverpool midfielder. You dismiss Gerrard's contributes as "only scoring a goal"...

Well i'm quite sure, if anyone was given a choice between a player who "only scores a goal" or a player who contributes absolutely zero they'd take the one who can score every time. Lucas didn't do anything. He didn't tackle, he didnt' run, he didn't head, he didn't pass. He was woeful yesterday, even by his own low standards.

and the post is clearly with reference to lucas....get a clue lad :laugh:
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:04 pm

I honestly don't think Rodgers can afford to be dropping Lucas for the Spurs game ,against such a strong midfield he will just be inviting
them to overrun us through the centre .

I personally don't think Allen is ready yet to cope with such high intensity football ,and a football we will have to be defensively rigid in
the middle to withstand..... Saying that ,I would be amazed if Lucas wasn't a shoe in for both City and Chelsea away.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion