LUCAS LEIVA - OFFICIAL THREAD

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby parchpea » Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:32 pm

Personally I think the Lucas position will be high on our agenda either in January or in summer certainly and once we have upgraded
his future will be in doubt.

He has no competition with Allen and if we are serious about being a top side again we have to do much better.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:09 pm

His first contribution of today was losing the ball that led to WH scoring, or rather Skrtel scoring. We need a better midfielder as Lucas is nowhere near good enough for a team chasing CL. In fact, Allen in the past 2 games has provided us something which we've lacked every time Lucas plays, and that is an option going forward. Would persist with Allen for now as he is the better all round player.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby damjan193 » Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:15 pm

Allen had a good game today but I wouldn't say that he's a better "all-round" player. He just offers something different.

I'm not saying that we shouldn't upgrade on Lucas but Allen is definitely not the answer.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby ethanr » Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:17 pm

Allen is being played out of position defensively, and still plays way better than Lucas. When Allen goes forward he actually looks pretty decent.

Lucas just can't cut it anymore. Really makes me wish we would have gone for Wanyama this summer when he was available, because we need a DM.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:22 pm

Allen isn't the answer but between them, if one player has to leave, I rather it be Lucas. An ideal replacement would be someone like Cabaye, Matic or Gundogan.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby damjan193 » Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:32 pm

maypaxvobiscum » Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:22 pm wrote:Allen isn't the answer but between them, if one player has to leave, I rather it be Lucas. An ideal replacement would be someone like Cabaye, Matic or Gundogan.

To be honest I won't be too worried on who we get rid of as long as we improve on that position. I like Lucas a bit more than Allen and I think that we can get more money if we sell Allen, but it won't matter that much at the end because whoever stays will be be a bench warmer anyway.

All three players you mentioned are good shouts but I think that Cabaye will be ideal. The most realistic would be Matic while I doubt Gundogan would like to leave Dortmund and come to us.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Stu the Red » Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:59 pm

I don't think either are the answer but I do think the midfield has looked alot better since Lucas has been dropped.

Its funny how Yakka and RedLucasGoggles haven't posted as much on the matter.

Glad the lad is out of the team at present and I'm very hopefull it will continue for much longer. Hopefully the injury to Gerrard isn't serious.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:13 pm

Stu the Red wrote:I don't think either are the answer but I do think the midfield has looked alot better since Lucas has been dropped.

Glad the lad is out of the team at present and I'm very hopefull it will continue for much longer. Hopefully the injury to Gerrard isn't serious.

I posted last night you *****  :D  ....selective viewing it seems  ???
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stu the Red » Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:23 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:13 pm wrote:
Stu the Red wrote:I don't think either are the answer but I do think the midfield has looked alot better since Lucas has been dropped.

Well I need to do something to help filter out the amount of sh*te you come out with and that seems as good a method as any :D
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:27 pm

Stu the Red » Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:23 pm wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:13 pm wrote:

Well I need to do something to help filter out the amount of sh*te you come out with and that seems as good a method as any :D

**** ***  :D
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stu the Red » Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:38 pm

:D
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Sun Dec 08, 2013 1:34 pm

:laugh:
maypaxvobiscum

Postby supersub » Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:57 am

RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:13 pm wrote:

selective viewing...nothing changes :laugh:
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby Stu the Red » Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:58 pm

supersub » Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:57 am wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:13 pm wrote:

:laugh:

selective viewing...nothing changes :laugh:
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:15 pm

Positively brilliant today along with Allen and Henderson ,Lucas made us formidable in the centre of the park.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion