Losing your best three players...

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby supersub » Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:57 pm

Gerrard not top 3......Lucas is top dog in midfield now
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby supersub » Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:58 pm

StuYesThatStu » Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:14 pm wrote:I disagree, I think its only a matter of time before we start conceeding ALOT of goals.

I actually think we'd finish around 16th... give or take a place.

you are cheesecakery in disguise :laugh:

still playing football at a very high level I presume...ooh no you're an ace golfer now :laugh:
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby redno7 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:12 pm

this guy actually makes benny look normal. no offense ben lad.
redno7
LFC Super Member

Postby jacdaniel » Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:30 pm

What if Barca lost Messi, Xavi and Iniesta?  I'm sure they might have a few less CL's and La Liga's. 
But they do have them players so its a silly discussion.

And if we did lose Suarez, Coutinho and Sturridge we'd have 100m+ to spend which we'd probably use to sign 3 new top players. 

Whoever our 3 top players were 10 years ago are no longer our top players now.  The cycle always continues  :D
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby Hustler 2 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:32 pm

StuYesThatStu » Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:17 pm wrote:
Take Gerrard, Suarez and Coutinho (assuming no one would argue they're our best three players) out of our team and where do you think we'd finish?

Pointless topic, as we are a weak side anyway. Gerrard has seen better days, Coutinho is not yet the complete article, and Suarez squanders loads of chances before he scores. I'm surprised you haven't picked that up Stu, with your amazing analysis of players.

With or without those three, We'll prob end up 6th. I can't see any higher, despite the three wins so far. Not being negative, just stating a fact. :no
Get down and Boogie !!!!
Hustler 2
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Hustler 2 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:36 pm

StuYesThatStu » Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:14 pm wrote:I disagree, I think its only a matter of time before we start conceeding ALOT of goals.

Our defence is actually our strong area. Hence three clean sheets. Do you know anything!?

People say my posts are rubbish!
Get down and Boogie !!!!
Hustler 2
LFC Advanced Member

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:43 pm

Hustler 2 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:32 pm wrote: We'll prob end up 6th. I can't see any higher, despite the three wins so far. Not being negative, just stating a fact. :no

No Hustler your just stating your opinion.

We've all got one  :;):

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Hustler 2 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:46 pm

woof woof ! » Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:43 pm wrote:
Hustler 2 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:32 pm wrote: We'll prob end up 6th. I can't see any higher, despite the three wins so far. Not being negative, just stating a fact. :no

I know. I'd like us to finish higher, but I don't think is possible with our squad.
Get down and Boogie !!!!
Hustler 2
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:46 pm

Hustler 2 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:36 pm wrote:

Our defence is actually our strong area. Hence three clean sheets. Do you know anything!?

That's because they are ;)

Not sure if that's fact or opinion ???
Benny The Noon

Postby Hustler 2 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:48 pm

Benny The Noon » Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:46 pm wrote:
Hustler 2 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:36 pm wrote:

That's because they are ;)

Not sure if that's fact or opinion ???

Ho De Ho   :D
Get down and Boogie !!!!
Hustler 2
LFC Advanced Member

Postby LFC1990 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:02 pm

What the F..ucking hell is this

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby Santa » Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:40 pm

Hustler 2 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:46 pm wrote:
woof woof ! » Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:43 pm wrote:

I know. I'd like us to finish higher, but I don't think is possible with our squad.

Yes you have said it many a time over the many thread it's beginning to get boring now. Where are those days when supporting your team means having a dream and hoping the team is able to punch above it's weight and do better? It makes you wanna wait for the weekend to come and watch your team having a go and makes you happy...nowadays trolls and plastic "supporters" just want us to buy star players and mercenaries so they can feel like a spoilt kid with all the toys that the other kids don't irregardless if what best for them or if their parents have to work extra shift to pay for that.

Last season we have a bad start and we don't register a win until end of September...this season we started off with three straight victories, having beaten the defending champion and top of the league by end of August...still there are no shortage of whiners & bit-ching about the club, players, owners etc by those gloom merchant. Not saying you should not state your opinion...but why not allow yourself and others to have a little dream as we have not been on top of the league table for a long long time? If at the end of the season, we ended up as Champion there will be millions of smily faces across the earth. If we ended up 4th, 6th or whatever, Liverpool FC is still my team, as it has for the past 42 years and counting...and will be when I finally took my last breath...so to the gloom merchants, I don't envy you lots as you guys must have lived a tortured life! Get help!!!
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:44 pm

So we've got the returning Hustler, Stu the Red and all we are missing is the bitter Cheesecakery so we can run this forum to the ground...  :help
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:11 pm

Santa » Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:44 pm wrote:So we've got the returning Hustler, Stu the Red and all we are missing is the bitter Cheesecakery so we can run this forum to the ground...  :help

I'm disappointed
Benny The Noon

Postby devaney » Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:06 pm

Will somebody remind me just wtf Man City won last season. Oh hang on I've remembered they won the FA Community Shield !!!  Just as a reminder Man City have spent close to half a billion quid building their team. They spent close to £90m net during the last transfer window and get turned over by Cardiff. Why? I'll fkg tell you why - CARDIFF WANTED IT A LOT MORE AND DIDN'T TURN UP THINKING IT WAS THEIR DEVINE RIGHT TO WIN THE GAME !!! It's as much about desire and determination as who is on the pitch.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext