Loan watch - Season long updates

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby JoeTerp » Thu Aug 30, 2007 3:48 am

Craig Lindfield hit a hat-trick as Liverpool Reserves rounded off their tour of Scandinavia with a 4-0 win over Swedish side Karlstad.
Dutch striker Jordy Brouwer scored the Reds other goal but it was Lindfield who caught the eye with his treble and an impressive all-round performance.

The reserves start their season with a trip to Middlesbrough next Tuesday (September 4th) at the Riverside Stadium and boss Gary Ablett was pleased to end the pre-season programme with a win.

"The whole trip was very worthwhile and we scored nine goals in two games and could have got a lot more," Ablett told Liverpoolfc.tv.

"I was pleased for Craig to score his hat-trick and that will give him a lot of confidence going into the new season."
JoeTerp

Postby JoeTerp » Thu Aug 30, 2007 6:06 am

USA plays Germany today in the U-17 World Cup and on another forum I asked Germany supporters why Liverpool's new starlet Marvin Pourie is not included in the team becuase he seems to be played really well for our youth team in their pre-season matches.    I heard from several sources that he had character issues and was difficult to deal with, and that is why he would not be included in German youth sides.

Well at least we know it isn't a talent issue, I was worried for a second :D
JoeTerp

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:19 am

STRIKER LEAVES ON LOAN

Austrian striker Besian Idrizaj is to spend the rest of the 2007-2008 season on loan at Championship side Crystal Palace. 
The former Austrian young player of the year joined Liverpool from Linzer ASK in the summer of 2005 and has yet to make a senior appearance for the Reds first team.

Idrizaj, who spent two months on loan at Luton during the 2006-07 campaign, did feature in a pre-season friendly against Wrexham in July, netting an impressive 26-minute hat-trick.

He also teams up with former Liverpool winger Mark Kennedy at Selhurst Park.

The deal will go through subject to a medical. 

LFC.TV

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Sat Sep 01, 2007 8:46 pm

With the deadline shut, here is the full list of players out on loan:

1. Lee Peltier - Yeovil Town
2. James Smith - Stockport County
3. Scott Carson - Aston Villa
4. Godwin Antwi - Hartlepool United
5. Miki Roque - Xerez CD
6. Paul Anderson - Swansea City
7. Danny Guthrie - Bolton Wanderers
8. Adam Hammill – Southampton
9. Anthony Le Tallec - Le Mans
10. Besian Idrizaj - Crystal Palace
11. Nikolay Mihaylov - FC Twente

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby username » Sat Sep 01, 2007 10:13 pm

ill give this a go...
Anderson came on in the 83 miniute in a 2-1 defeat to Doncaster
Antwi played all 90 miniutes in a 4-1 win over Oldham
Peltier also played all 90 miniutes in a 1-1 draw against Tranmere after Tranmere scored in stoppage-time
Idrizaj came on in the 71 miniute in a 1-0 defeat to Charlton
Hammill did not play in the 3-0 win over QPR
While Smith also was not in the team for Stockport in the 4-2 defeat to Mansfield
Guthrie was yet again, not in the team for bolton
"Fernando Towers won't triumph in the premiership.
And you can quote me on that. " - Sabre 2007
Sorry Sabre, but when i see stuff like this i have to quote it :D
username

Postby JoeTerp » Sun Sep 02, 2007 8:47 am

Meanwhile, Liverpool defender James Smith, 21, has extended his loan spell at Stockport until January, with a view to making the move permanent.
JoeTerp

Postby Sabre » Sun Sep 02, 2007 9:04 am

I'll follow more closely Roque since he's playing the spanish segunda, still haven't seen in TV any Xerez match, but I'll be aware when a Xerez match is broadcasted and of course when he comes to San Sebastian.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JoeTerp » Tue Sep 04, 2007 5:28 pm

Five of Rafa Benitez's summer recruits will feature for the reserves against Middlesbrough tonight.
Charles Itandje, Mikel San Jose, Ryan Crowther, Lucas Leiva and Sebastian Leto all start at The Riverside.

Meanwhile, deadline day capture Damien Plessis makes the bench.

The Barclays Premier Reserve League (North) fixture kicks off at 7pm.

The Liverpool team in full is: Charles Itandje, Stephen Darby, Emiliano Insua, Mikel San Jose, Jack Hobbs (cap), Jay Spearing, Ryan Crowther, Lucas Leiva, Craig Lindfield, Jordy Brouwer, Sebastian Leto. Subs: Ryan Flynn, David Martin, Damien Plessis, Ray Putterill, Robbie Threlfall.
                     Itandje
Darby     Hobbs         San Jose     Insua
Crowther  Leiva       Spearing     Leto
                Lindfield    Brouwer
I see tonights Leiva/Spearing partnership workign a lot like a Gerrard/Mascherano pairing
JoeTerp

Postby JoeTerp » Tue Sep 04, 2007 11:47 pm

A second half penalty from Ray Putterill earned Liverpool Reserves a 1-1 draw with Middlesbrough in a highly controversial encounter at the Riverside Stadium.
It was the Reds first Barclays Premier Reserve League North match of the season and it was a game full of many talking points.

Middlesbrough's opening goal will be talked about for a long time. In scenes reminiscent of Diego Maradona during the 1986 World Cup in Mexico, striker Tom Craddock punched a Gaizka Mendieta cross into the back of the net. Liverpool goalkeeper Charles Itandje was incensed but despite the Liverpool protests the goal was given.

It was tough on Liverpool who played very well on the night, but Gary Ablett's side kept working hard and they got their just rewards when Putterill equalised from the penalty spot, after a hand ball from Boro defender Jonathan Grounds.

Liverpool probably should have taken all three points on the night but despite creating some glorious opportunities they were let down by wasteful finishing.

French goalkeeper Itandje and Spanish youth international Mikel San Jose made their first appearances for the Reds and both players did well. Itandje was steady and he made a brilliant save towards the end of the game, while San Jose looked calm and composed at the heart of the Reds defence.

Brazilian international Lucas and Argentine winger Sebastian Leto also started the game for Ablett's side, while French Under-21 international Damien Plessis made his debut as a second half substitute. Jack Hobbs captained the team and partnered San Jose at centre half, while summer capture from Stockport County Ryan Crowther made his debut on the right wing.

On show for Middlesbrough was Spanish international Gaizka Mendieta in midfield, who once cost Lazio £32 million pounds.

Liverpool have made some very astute purchases during the summer and in Leto and Lucas the Reds have two very talented players. The pair caught the eye on the night and the Argentine left winger terrorised the Boro defence on the left wing throughout the game. Lucas combined really well with Jay Spearing in central midfield while Putterill was outstanding when he came on down the right wing.

There are many positives for Ablett to take from this game and the Reds would have taken all three points but for a goal that should never have been given.

Middlesbrough Reserves: Jones, McMahon, Johnson, Hines, Grounds, Cattermole (Thompson), Mendieta, Goulon (Smallwood), Craddock, Hutchinson (Cronesberry), Bennett.

Liverpool Reserves: Itandje, Darby, Insua, San Jose, Hobbs, Spearing, Crowther (Flynn 45), Lucas (Plessis 77), Lindfield, Brouwer (Putterill 59), Leto. Subs' not used: Martin (GK), Threlfall.

Referee: Mr P E Curry.

Liverpoolfc.tv Man of the Match: Sebastian Leto. Outstanding and always looking to take on defenders and create chances.
JoeTerp

Postby JoeTerp » Wed Sep 05, 2007 1:08 am

Sweansea won 3-2 over Millwall

Thomas Butler and Duffy had come close before on-loan winger Paul Anderson found plenty of space to gather Butler's far-post cross and smash home to open the scoring in the 16th minute.
JoeTerp

Postby username » Wed Sep 05, 2007 2:59 am

JoeTerp wrote:Sweansea won 3-2 over Millwall

Thomas Butler and Duffy had come close before on-loan winger Paul Anderson found plenty of space to gather Butler's far-post cross and smash home to open the scoring in the 16th minute.

Anderson is doing well  :buttrock
"Fernando Towers won't triumph in the premiership.
And you can quote me on that. " - Sabre 2007
Sorry Sabre, but when i see stuff like this i have to quote it :D
username

Postby mungi » Wed Sep 05, 2007 7:46 am

any highlights of the reserves lastest match?
mungi
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Elchris » Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:03 am

Hope lucas leiva will be challenging for the first team soon....
Elchris

Postby bunglemark2 » Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:41 am

Anybody know off the top of their head if there are any young Irish lads in the youths/reserves etc. ? There used to be a load of them there, seems to have dried up though in recent years...
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby JoeTerp » Thu Sep 06, 2007 3:55 am

mungi wrote:any highlights of the reserves lastest match?

if you have e-season ticket its has just been uploaded. I don;t know how but I am sure someone will put it on youtube soon. Leto played well from what I could tell, and he got the announcers pick for man of the match.  Puterrill kissed the Boro defender that caused the penalty after he converted his spot kick which I thought was very very strange.
JoeTerp

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion