Loan watch - Season long updates

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby JoeTerp » Thu Sep 06, 2007 4:05 am

bunglemark2 wrote:Anybody know off the top of their head if there are any young Irish lads in the youths/reserves etc. ? There used to be a load of them there, seems to have dried up though in recent years...

Jimmy Ryan is probably the best young Irishman on the books at Liverpool, he had several goals from distance in both of the FA youth cup run and is now on loan to Shrewsbury Town.  The other Irishmen on the youth squad are Goalkeeper Chris Oldfield, Forward Michael Collins, and midfielder Shane O'Connor

Pretty sure this is an article about our youth team but I am not sure what  language it is in

same with this one
JoeTerp

Postby JoeTerp » Mon Sep 10, 2007 6:20 am

German ace Marvin Pourie scored twice as Liverpool Under-18s recorded their first victory of the season with a 3-0 win at Nottingham Forest.
Reds Under-18 manager Hughie McAuley got the response from the players he wanted after the team lost their opening game 5-0 at Aston Villa.

Young Scot Gary MacKay Steven had a fine match on the left wing and scored Liverpool's other goal. Martin Kelly was a rock solid figure at the back while David Amoo worked his socks off in attack alongside Pourie.

"We played some very good football and the lads showed a really good attitude," McAuley told Liverpoolfc.tv.

"We passed the ball very well and it was very encouraging. It was much improved from our performance against Aston Villa and this was the level of performance we want from the lads week in, week out."

Liverpool Under-18 team: Dean Bouzanis, Mattone Awang, Shane O'Connor, Joe Kennedy, Martin Kelly, Steve Irwin, Sean Highdale, Astrit Ajdarevic (Michael Scott 80), Marvin Pourie (Michael Collins 80), David Amoo, Gary MacKay Steven (Nathan Eccleston 80). Subs' not used: Chris Oldfield (GK), Scott Wooton (Under-16).

Where was Dani Pacheco, Alexander Kacaniklic, and Ben Parsonage?  Guess there is no escaping the rotation policy at Liverpool.
JoeTerp

Postby stmichael » Mon Sep 10, 2007 9:54 pm

Was watching a bit of the Swindon-Yeovil game yesterday and Lee Peltier was playing for Yeovil. Got booked but looked pretty decent. A good move for the lad.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby JoeTerp » Tue Sep 11, 2007 5:32 pm

URELIO BACK AS RESERVES BEAT CREWE
Jimmy Rice 11 September 2007
Fabio Aurelio made his return to action as Liverpool Reserves beat Crewe Alexandra Reserves 2-1 at the Academy on Tuesday afternoon.
The Brazilian full-back, who had not featured since injuring his Achilles tendon against PSV in April, played 45 minutes of the friendly alongside a host of first-teamers.

Goals from Xabi Alonso and Ray Putterill either side of the break secured victory in front of the watching Rafa Benitez.

The friendly, organised in part to keep those not involved in international action sharp, had a surreal edge.

The first half saw Alonso – back on Merseyside after a red card against Iceland - partner Jack Hobbs at the back, sweeping the ball forward just like big Jan Molby used to do.

Then there was the sight of Jermaine Pennant, who can rightly feel aggrieved to be stuck in such a setting while Steve McClaren's chosen few prepare for Russia.

It was he who was felled in the box on 36 minutes, with Alonso stepping up to take the spot kick. Crewe keeper Stuart Tomlinson committed himself far too early, allowing the Spaniard to slot it straight down the middle.

Other first-teamers on show in the first half included Momo Sissoko, Alvaro Arbeloa and Lucas Leiva, the South American looking assured playing as a holding midfielder.

Then there was Yossi Benayoun, whose gliding run into the opposition box just after the half-hour mark deserved a better finish.

The only other highlight of a quiet opening 45 minutes came when Aurelio – who got brighter as the half wore on – sent a curling free-kick just over the bar.

With half-time came 10 changes, including the introduction of San Jose, Damien Plessis and scholar Daniel Pacheco. The latter showed some real touches of class and looks a real prospect at just 16.

It took a while for the youngsters – who will have seen this as an ideal chance to stake a claim for a Carling Cup place – to find their rhythm, and the visitors took advantage on 59 minutes when a low cross was converted by Luke Danville.

Not to worry – six minutes later the lead was restored when young Scot Ryan Flynn sent a dipping cross to the far post, where winger Ray Putterill was on hand to volley home.

Rookie stopper David Martin – who looked composed throughout – was required to make a fine save on to the bar late on.

The Liverpool team in full was: Martin, Arbeloa (Darby 45), Alonso (Huth 45), Hobbs (San Jose 45), Aurelio (Threlfall 45), Pennant (Flynn 45), Leto (Putterill 45), Sissoko (Plessis 45), Lucas (Spearing 45), Brouwer (Lindfield 45), Benayoun (Pacheco 45).
JoeTerp

Postby JoeTerp » Mon Sep 17, 2007 8:12 pm

Goals from Ryan Crowther and David Amoo gave earned Liverpool Under-18s a 2-0 victory over Sheffield Wednesday in the Reds latest Academy match.
An inspired second half performance saw Hughie McAuley's team take all three points.

"It could have been five or six in the end," McAuley told Liverpoolfc.tv.

"I wasn't happy with our first half performance and our passing was careless at times, but I told the players at half time to up the tempo and in the second half we did that.

"Unfortunately we lost Gary MacKay Steven in the second half due to a hamstring injury but Nathan Ecclestone came on and did very well.

"We scored two good goals as well. Ryan hit a great shot into the top corner and then David capped a good performance by scoring the second after a nice one-two with Michael Collins."

Liverpool Under-18 team: Dean Bouzanis, Mattone Awang, Shane O'Connor, Joe Kennedy, Martin Kelly, Steven Irwin, Ryan Crowther (Alex Kacaniklic 70), Sean Highdale, Marvin Pourie (Michael Collins 80), David Amoo, Gary MacKay Steven (Nathan Eccleston 55). Subs' not used: Ben Parsonage, Michael Scott.
JoeTerp

Postby username » Mon Sep 17, 2007 10:05 pm

Idrizaj started for Crystal Palace, and then coming off after 61 mins
Antwi played all 90 mins, and was booked on the 35th min
Peltier also played 90 mins
Anderson scored the winning goal after 83 min in a Swansea 2-1 victory
Smith played all 90 mins for Stockport in a 1-1 draw to Grimsby
"Fernando Towers won't triumph in the premiership.
And you can quote me on that. " - Sabre 2007
Sorry Sabre, but when i see stuff like this i have to quote it :D
username

Postby username » Mon Sep 24, 2007 1:35 am

Idrizaj came on in the 86th minute for Crystal Palace in there 3-2 victory over Sheffield United
Hammill played all 90 minutes in Southamptons defeat to Barnsley, who had a player sent off in the 70th minute
Anderson played 66 minutes in Swansea 2-0 defeat to Leeds
Antwi stayed on for the whole match in Hartlepool 4-2 victory over league one leaders Leyton Orient
Smith played 90 minutes in Stockport 2-1 vicoty over bottom placed Wrexham
Peltier also played 90 minutes in Yeovil 2-1 victory over Brighton
Le Tallec played 69 minutes for Le Mans UC 72
username

Postby JoeTerp » Wed Sep 26, 2007 2:38 am

BROUWER OFF THE MARK AS RESERVES TRIUMPH
Paul Hassall at the JJB Stadium
Jordy Brouwer grabbed his first goal for Liverpool Reserves as Gary Ablett’s men secured an impressive 3-0 victory away to an experienced Wigan Athletic side.
The Dutch forward was on hand to open the scoring as early as the fifth minute as a young Reds side gave Rafael Benitez food for thought ahead of next week's Carling Cup clash at Reading.

The hosts included veteran goalkeeper Mike Pollitt and Cameroon international Salomon Olembe, who featured in both the 1994 and 1998 World Cup finals, in their starting line-up but it was the inexperienced visitors who made the brighter start.

Sebastian Leto, who proved to be a real threat throughout the night, flashed an effort just past the upright on two minutes before Brouwer pounced with the first clear-cut opportunity of the match three minutes later.

Nabil El Zhar found the overlapping Stephen Darby down the right and when his searching cross was headed goalwards by Craig Lindfield, Jordy Brouwer reacted to nod home from close range.

The Wigan defence continued to struggle with the pace and invention of the Liverpool forwards and on 11 minutes it should have been two but Pollitt reacted well to keep out Lindfield.

Jay Spearing then tested the Wigan stopper from distance before the hosts had their best chance of the first half when Chris McCaughtrie fired wide of David Martin's goal.

Wigan made two changes at the interval in an attempt to alter the course of the game but the Reds remained in control and should have doubled their lead on 53 minutes.

Lindfield again found himself in acres of space but after surging down the right flank he dragged his effort wide of the far post.

Wigan responded with their best chance of the match when substitute Matthew Hampson curled a superb 25 yard effort just past the post with Martin well beaten.

It was as close as the home side came as the Reds hit a second on 62 minutes when El Zhar drilled the ball past the despairing dive of Pollitt after Spearing headed Leto's cross back into the danger zone.

And the Reds made sure of the points on 83 minutes when Leto again caused havoc down the left before crossing low for substitute Ray Putterill to fire home from close range.

Wigan Reserves: Pollitt, Moore, Olembe, Taylor (Holt), Hall, Ashworth, Bouaouzan (Hampson), Montrose, Mahon, McCaughtrie (Pearson), Cywka

Liverpool Reserves: Martin, Darby, Insua, San Jose, Hobbs, Spearing, El Zhar (Crowther 74), Plessis (Putterill 72), Lindfield, Brouwer (Flynn 66), Leto

Referee: Mr C Sarginson

Liverpoolfc.tv Man of the Match: Sebastian Leto. Two assists and a constant threat throughout the contest.

Dutch striker Jordy Brouwer scored twice and Robbie Threlfall hit a stunning free-kick as Liverpool Reserves beat Blackburn Rovers in a friendly on Tuesday afternoon.
The former Ajax starlet carried on where he left off last week when he netted his first senior goal for the reserves during the 3-0 win at Wigan.

Hungarian goalkeeper Peter Gulacsi played the full 90 minutes while fellow countryman Andras Simon partnered Brouwer in attack.

Reds Reserve team manager Gary Ablett commented: "It was good to see Jordy score two goals and Robbie scored with a superb free-kick.

"We did okay to win the game but I have to say it was the poorest we've played so far. We didn't pass the ball well and that will have to improve when we play Sunderland in our first home game at Warrington next Tuesday."

Liverpool Reserves: Gulacsi, Kelly, Threlfall, San Jose (Darby 60), Huth, Flynn, Crowther, Plessis, Simon (Spearing 45), Brouwer, El Zhar (Insua 40).
JoeTerp

Postby mikopool » Wed Sep 26, 2007 9:53 pm

Danny Guthrie (finally playing a bloody match) scored for Bolton against Fulham today in the FA cup, based on the soccernet gamecast looks like a 25 yarder as well.
" Some people say football is a matter of life and death, I don't like this attitude, I can assure them, its much more serious then that "

- Billy Shanks.

For life.
mikopool

Postby Ace Ventura » Wed Sep 26, 2007 10:10 pm

It said on sky sports news that he scored, made up for the lad...Sammy Lee has been ignoring him...and who am i to question him...he's probably forgotten more than i know  :D

Anyway its great for him...as he must of been getting more than a little frustrated and we might finally see a glimpse of the lad in the premiership.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby username » Wed Sep 26, 2007 10:10 pm

mikopool wrote:Danny Guthrie (finally playing a bloody match) scored for Bolton against Fulham today in the FA cup, based on the soccernet gamecast looks like a 25 yarder as well.

Hopefuly they will play them
username

Postby mungi » Thu Sep 27, 2007 1:23 am

they better. otherwise he is better off coming back
mungi
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby username » Sun Sep 30, 2007 9:25 pm

Idrizaj came off the bench on the 60th minute and was the only Crystal Palace player to be booked in there 1-1 draw with Burnley
Hammil did not play for Southampton
Antwi played all 90 minutes in Hartlepool 1-0 deafeat to Walsall
Anderson came on in the 63rd minute in there Swansea 0-0 draw to Brighton, where Anderson picked up a booking
Peltier played all 90 minutes, for Yeovil in a loss that ended  0-3 against Nottm Forest
Smith played all 90 minutes in Stockport's 3-1 victory over Brentford

Le Tallec played 81 minutes for le mans
username

Postby JoeTerp » Mon Oct 01, 2007 11:18 am

Nathan Eccleston scored twice as Liverpool Under-18s returned to winning ways with a 3-2 win at Stoke City in their latest Academy outing.
Centre half Joe Kennedy scored the Reds other goal and Hughie McAuley's side were full value for their win.

"We scored three good goals and it was good to get back to winning ways," commented McAuley.

"We played Steven Irwin at centre half and he did very well. He is a good competitor and always gives his all.

"I was pleased for Nathan to score two goals as he works hard and he linked up well in attack with Marvin Pourie.

"We are a team that is always going to create chances and score goals, and we just need to work on the defensive side of our game and cut our the mistakes."

Liverpool Under-18s: Chris Oldfield, Mattone Awang, Shane O'Connor, Joe Kennedy, Steven Irwin, Sean Highdale, David Amoo, Astrit Ajdarevic, Marvin Pourie, Nathan Eccleston, Gary MacKay Steven (Alex Kacaniklic 66). Subs' not used: Michael Scott, Ben Parsonage.

Any news on Miki Roque at Xerez, Jimmy Ryan at Shrewsbury or Mihaylov at FC Twente?
JoeTerp

Postby The Ace1983 » Mon Oct 01, 2007 11:26 am

Let's hope Guthrie's goal is the first of many. Sammy Lee might give him a bit more time on the field after that.
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion