Loan watch - Season long updates

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby username » Thu Nov 01, 2007 5:12 am

weekend news

Idrizaj came on for Crystal Palace in the 66th minute in the 2-0 loss
Anderson played 82 minutes getting an assisting cross that lead to the first goal in a 2-1 victory
Smith played all 90 minutes for Stockport
Guthrie came on in the 71st minute in boltons draw with aston villa, he also played all 90 minutes in there loss to man city
"Fernando Towers won't triumph in the premiership.
And you can quote me on that. " - Sabre 2007
Sorry Sabre, but when i see stuff like this i have to quote it :D
username

Postby mungi » Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:16 am

anderson playing well. looks to have gon eup serveral notches
mungi
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JoeTerp » Thu Nov 01, 2007 9:01 pm

Lindfield, as of today is on loan to Notts County

form his wiki page:  On the first of November 2007 Craig joined Notts County on loan - to help the ailing League Two side kick-start their campaign - already short of goals from the forward line - under new manager Ian McParland. Dave Kevan, Assistant Manager at Notts County, had been tracking the youngster whilst employed at Bradford City.

AND

Liverpool starlet Robbie Threlfall will spend the next three months on loan at League Two side Hereford United.
The 18-year-old has yet to play a senior competitive game for the Reds, but has been capped at England Under-19 level and was part of the FA Youth Cup winning sides of 2006 and 2007.

He is predominantly a left-back, but can also be deployed in central defence or on the left-wing.

Threlfall is likely to make his debut in the Bulls' FA Cup first-round tie against Leeds on November 9.

Seems to me that Insua was playing a lot more on the Left in the reserves, not surprised to see Threlfall go out on loan considering at LB we have Arbeloa, Aurelio, Riise, and Insua
JoeTerp

Postby mikopool » Sat Nov 03, 2007 12:57 am

Paul Anderson scored (yet again) a late goal to tie the match for 10 man Swansea tonight against Gillingham, match ended 1-1
" Some people say football is a matter of life and death, I don't like this attitude, I can assure them, its much more serious then that "

- Billy Shanks.

For life.
mikopool

Postby username » Mon Nov 05, 2007 6:33 pm

Scott Carson kept a clean sheet aganist Derby
Guthrie had a great game for Bolton where he played all 90 minutes, with a 81% pass rate and a long range shot coming off the post
Hammill played 68 minutes for Southampton in a 1-0 loss to Charlton
Idrizaj played 54 minutes for Crystal Palace in a 0-0 draw
Anderson yet again scored scored in a 1-1 draw to Gillingham, with Swansea down to 10 men within 23 minutes
Smith played all 90 minutes for Stockport
Lindfield played 79 minutes for Notts County
Threlfall played all 90 minutes in there victory over Mansfield on the weekend and played all 90 minutes against Leeds is there FA Cup match
username

Postby JoeTerp » Tue Nov 13, 2007 3:48 pm

RESERVE TEAM FOR TONIGHT'S LIVE GAME
Paul Eaton 13 November 2007
Liverpool have named a young reserve team for tonight's clash against Blackburn Rovers, which you can watch live on LFC TV from 6.45pm.
The game gets underway at 7pm so if you're not going to the Halliwell Jones Stadium in Warrington to watch our potential stars of tomorrow in action, then make sure you follow the game live on the club's TV channel.

Former reserve star John Durnin will be providing expert analysis in the studio while David Fairclough will be part of our commentary team alongside Steve Hunter at the stadium.

Whether you're going to the match or tuning into our live coverage, this is the team you'll be seeing in action:

1. David Martin
2. Stephen Darby
3. Emiliano Insua
4. Jack Hobbs (Captain)
5. Ronald Huth
6. Damien Plessis
7. Ray Putterill
8. Mikel San Jose Dominguez
9. Jordy Brouwer
10. Jay Spearing
11. Sebastian Leto

Subs:

12. Daniel Pacheco
13. Peter Gulacsi
14. Martin Kelly
15. Daniel Ayala
16. Gerardo Bruna

Is it just me or does this line-up seem a bit defensive?  RRRRREaaaly hope that Bruna and Pacheco play, Ayala too
JoeTerp

Postby Ace Ventura » Tue Nov 13, 2007 5:56 pm

JoeTerp wrote:RESERVE TEAM FOR TONIGHT'S LIVE GAME
Paul Eaton 13 November 2007
Liverpool have named a young reserve team for tonight's clash against Blackburn Rovers, which you can watch live on LFC TV from 6.45pm.
The game gets underway at 7pm so if you're not going to the Halliwell Jones Stadium in Warrington to watch our potential stars of tomorrow in action, then make sure you follow the game live on the club's TV channel.

Former reserve star John Durnin will be providing expert analysis in the studio while David Fairclough will be part of our commentary team alongside Steve Hunter at the stadium.

Whether you're going to the match or tuning into our live coverage, this is the team you'll be seeing in action:

1. David Martin
2. Stephen Darby
3. Emiliano Insua
4. Jack Hobbs (Captain)
5. Ronald Huth
6. Damien Plessis
7. Ray Putterill
8. Mikel San Jose Dominguez
9. Jordy Brouwer
10. Jay Spearing
11. Sebastian Leto

Subs:

12. Daniel Pacheco
13. Peter Gulacsi
14. Martin Kelly
15. Daniel Ayala
16. Gerardo Bruna

Is it just me or does this line-up seem a bit defensive?  RRRRREaaaly hope that Bruna and Pacheco play, Ayala too

gutted will miss most of this as stuck in here (work) until 8  :angry:

If anyone is watching this and they can post up score updates would really appreciate it.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JoeTerp » Wed Nov 14, 2007 4:19 am

Like I said when I saw the Lineup, it seemed like a really defensive team.  Darby is a right back, Insua a left back, Hobbs and Huth are centre halves, and Jay Spearing is an ex-centre half now learning holding midfield, Mikel San Jose is described on the website as "The centre-back, who can also play in midfield" And Plessis is also a holding midfielder in the "Viera" mold.  I plan on waking up early tommorow to watch it on LFC TV to see how they played.  Ablett could have played one of the Hungarians (Nemeth/Simon) who can play wide or as strikers, Ryan Flynn, Ryan Crowther, or El Zhar all of whom have seen limited time in the reserve games.

RESERVES HELD BY 10-MAN ROVERS
Jimmy Rice 13 November 2007
Liverpool Reserves failed to break the deadlock despite dominating a 0-0 draw with Blackburn Rovers on Tuesday night.
The Reds had an extra man for much of the match following the sending off of German midfielder Sergio Peter for a disgraceful kick on Sebastian Leto.

Promising displays from Leto, Daniel Pacheco and the consistent Stephen Darby will at least give Gary Ablett heart, as will the fact his side have lost just one of their eight Northern Premier League fixtures this season.

Liverpool's first attempt on goal at Warrington's Halliwell Jones Stadium came after just three minutes when Mikel San Jose shot over from distance. Then it took four men to stop Leto roving down the left during what was proving to be a decent start for Ablett's cosmopolitan reserves.

Next in line for a pop at goal was the impressive Damien Plessis, who hit a bicycle kick narrowly wide with 20 minutes on the clock after a smart ball in from Ray 'Razor' Putterill.

Another promising opportunity was spurned when Paraguayan Ronald Huth and his South American counterpart Leto made a dog's dinner of a set piece on the edge of the box.

Then came one of the moments of the match when Leto – the aforementioned free-kick clearly forgotten – produced an unbelievable piece of skill. His ball through to Plessis was half back-heel, half Maradona spin. Class.

Word has it a few of the foreign contingent asked for long sleeves as kick off approached on this freezing Cheshire night. Ablett naturally refused.

Never mind, the game started to heat up soon enough. So much so that referee Paul Curry had to produce a straight red with 31 minutes gone following a spicy challenge by Blackburn number seven Peter, who, aggrieved about an earlier tackle, booted Leto in the chest.

Undeterred, Liverpool's young Argentine continued to be at the centre of everything, though his next shot was more in tune with Warrington's rugby traditions than any football aspirations the town may have.

Some promising first-half play from the Reds then, but without any final product. The introduction of Spanish starlet Daniel Pacheco for Putterill at the break was designed to solve that.

The youngster was immediately put on set piece duty and he placed a fine ball onto Jack Hobbs' head on 52 minutes. Again, nothing came of it.

Pacheco was then put through by Spearing only to be thwarted by the linesman's flag.

The former Barcelona trainee looks a real find: floating between the lines, always willing to receive the ball and with a canny knack of getting out of tight spots.

For all his and Liverpool's efforts though, Rovers keeper Peter Enckelman – remember his blooper in the Birmingham derby? – had yet to be forced into a serious save.

The modest crowd of 2,097 was treated to a glimpse of Argentine prospect Gerardo Bruna with 12 minutes to go.

Unfortunately he couldn't inspire a late winner.

Liverpoolfc.tv man of the match: Stephen Darby.

David Martin, Stephen Darby, Emiliano Insua, Jack Hobbs (cap), Ronald Huth (Gerardo Bruna 79), Damien Plessis, Ray Putterill (Daniel Pacheco 45), Mikel San Jose Dominguez, Jordy Brouwer, Jay Spearing, Sebastian Leto. Subs not used: Peter Gulacsi, Martin Kelly, Daniel Ayala.
JoeTerp

Postby stmichael » Wed Nov 14, 2007 1:46 pm

In it's current format the reserve league is a bit of a waste of time and I think that's the view of the clubs as well. I only watched the first half last night and we were poor. However, how much of that is down to the fact the team goes two or three weeks between matches which makes it difficult to establish continuity and therefore consistent performances? As a result the games become a bit of a run out rather than a competitive game. Plus, anyone who's ever watched reserve football will tell you it often looks like this.

Rather than the team performances it's interesting to see some of the individual performances. I think there's varying degrees of hope for the likes of Leto, Plessis, Insua, Hobbs and San Jose.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby username » Wed Nov 14, 2007 3:36 pm

Scott Carson helped Aston Villa win 2-1 over Birmingham
Guthrie played all 90 minutes for bolton in there 0-0 draw
Anderson played 50 minutes for Swansea aganist Yeovil on monday where he played aganist his liverpool team mate Peltier, and played all 90 minutes in swanseas FA cup tie
Antwi played all 90 for Hartlepool in the FA cup defeat
Lindfield played 55  minutes for Notts County
username

Postby JoeTerp » Thu Nov 15, 2007 5:11 am

Miki Roque played all 90 mintues for Xerex in their 1-0 loss to Recreativo Huelva in the Copa del Rey.  Sabre, do you know if  he is playing in their segunda games? if so, how is he doing?
JoeTerp

Postby RedBlood » Wed Nov 28, 2007 2:19 pm

hey man donhtn let this thread slip its your finest creation

keep on top of it
RedBlood
LFC Super Member

Postby username » Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:27 pm

Scott Carson kept a clean sheet aganist, back on form after a bad day on england duty
Guthrie played 74 minutes in boltons 1-0 victory over man utd
Hammill played 90 minutes for Southampton in a 2-0 loss
Anderson played all 90 for Swansea aganist Tranmere, and played 53 minutes aganist Hartlepool, both finishing 1-0 moving Swansea to the top of the league
Antwi played 90 mins aganist Swansea and Gillingham, however both ended in losses
Lindfield played 72 minutes for Notts County in a 0-1 loss to Macclesfield
username

Postby Ace Ventura » Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:37 pm

username wrote:Scott Carson kept a clean sheet aganist, back on form after a bad day on england duty
Guthrie played all 74 minutes in boltons 1-0 victory over man utd
Anderson played all 90 for Swansea aganist Tranmere, and played 53 minutes aganist Hartlepool, both finishing 1-0 moving Swansea to the top of the league
Antwi played 90 mins aganist Swansea and Gillingham, however both ended in losses

All 74 minutes Guthrie played ?..............

No wonder Fergie wasnt happy finishing so early  :D

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby username » Wed Nov 28, 2007 5:38 pm

Ace Ventura wrote:
username wrote:Scott Carson kept a clean sheet aganist, back on form after a bad day on england duty
Guthrie played all 74 minutes in boltons 1-0 victory over man utd

All 74 minutes Guthrie played ?..............

No wonder Fergie wasnt happy finishing so early  :D

:D
username

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion