Loan watch - Season long updates

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Judge » Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:50 am

loan watch - thought stmike was gonna do something with rolex ?? like a giveaway

dale winton = stmike :D  welcome to supermarket sweep :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JoeTerp » Mon Aug 13, 2007 12:29 pm

Antwi played 90 minutes for Hartlepool in a 2-1 loss to Luton

James Smith played 90 minutes for Stockport County in their win against Dag & Red 1-0.

Lee Peltier played 90 minutes in Yeovil towns loss to Huddersfield 1-0.  If the order of players on the team sheet is any indication it looked like he played in midfield
JoeTerp

Postby stmichael » Mon Aug 13, 2007 2:42 pm

Jimmy Ryan had a trial at Shrewsbury but I'm not sure if he has been taken on loan or anything. Does anyone know?
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby JoeTerp » Mon Aug 13, 2007 3:11 pm

Peters runs rule over Ryan
Shrewsbury manager Gary Peters has taken Liverpool midfielder Jimmy Ryan on trial.

Peters has been hit by a raft of injury problems ahead of the League Two opener at Lincoln, with 18-year-old Ryan among several potential signings the Town chief is now contemplating.

Peters said: "I am still in contact with people about players who I like and I feel will give us an edge.

"However, I am not going to jump from one player I like to someone who will merely do a job for us because we always need to look to the future and bring in people who will make us better.

"We've got Jimmy Ryan here who is a central midfield player who is very keen to come and join us.

"He is a Liverpool player at the moment but he is another option for us
source

I hope that it is not going to be a permanent deal, he has a great shot from distance.
JoeTerp

Postby Well Red » Mon Aug 13, 2007 5:25 pm

Right, seeing as Sabre isn't about I'll translate for you St.Michael (I'm half Bolivian :eyebrow)

"as soon as there is official approval from Benitez, the loan transfer of Miki Roque to Xerez Deportivo for the next season will go ahead. After a medical and negotiations with the player, he'll arrive on Monday in order to be presented to the media.

There follows a brief description of his career to date, then...  Roque is a young central defender and has been hailed as another future "promise" for Spanish football. He has good anticipation, good aerial ability and good at dead ball situations ... He made his Champions League debut last season with Liverpool against the Turkish side Galatasaray."

Basically, he's passed his medical and agreed personal terms for a season-long loan and is just waiting for the nod from Rafa to confirm it :)
Last edited by Well Red on Mon Aug 13, 2007 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THERE WILL BE LIFE AFTER TORRES:

Well Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NiftyNeil » Mon Aug 13, 2007 6:23 pm

stmichael wrote:Paul Anderson didn't get off the bench for Swansea, who lost.

Anderson got on as a sub according to Sky Sports News. I don't know how he fared though.
NiftyNeil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NiftyNeil » Mon Aug 13, 2007 6:29 pm

Just read this from the Swansea City website:

Now it was Swansea, with a sea of black and white cheering them on from behind the goal, who looked the likely winners as Oldham were the side looking disjointed.
With Roberto going in search of the three points, Paul Anderson came on for Robinson who was running a fine line with a yellow card to his name and 20 minutes remaining.

After a good spell, Oldham came back strongly as substitute Andy Liddell forced de Vries into a good save for the first time in the half.

Scotland, Pratley and Duffy all came close as Swansea responded, before Anderson forced Crossley into another good save with 15 minutes remaining.

Good to see the lad getting on and even troubling the goalkeeper. Hopefully he's done enough to get a start against Walsall tomorrow.
NiftyNeil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NiftyNeil » Mon Aug 13, 2007 6:36 pm

Just read this from the Southampton website:

Makin was booked for a foul. Both sides made a switch on 62 minutes. Saints sent on Hammill for Viafara and Palace replaced Morrison with Kuqi.

Almost immediately Hammill let fly with a well struck shot from 25 yards but Speroni got behind it well.

Kuqi went alone instead of playing in the supporting Scowcroft and was shut out and then Surman had a shot blocked.

Vignal made way for Skacel on 66 minutes and the visitors responded with Butterfield for Kennedy.

Hammill sent a chip drifting narrowly wide from 30 yards and then crossed from the left for Rasiak who headed inches wide of the far post.

Palace made their final switch with 15 minutes left sending on Freedman for Scowcroft and Wright-Phillips came on for Saganowski a minute later.

He almost made an immediate impact controlling a Skacel cross before turning to whip in a shot which hit the left side-netting.

Speroni took an Ostlund cross off the head of Rasiak and Kuqi tried to catch Bialkowski off his line with an outrageous 40-yard chip which drifted over as the keeper backtracked.

Bialkowski was left holding his nose in pain as he raced from his area to kick clear from Kuqi but collided with the striker.

Hammill beat his man with a trick to hang up a cross for Rasiak whose header was saved.

Four minutes were added as the ground began to empty and Wright-Phillips thumped a powerful drive just wide.

Full-time: Saints 1 Crystal Palace 4

Hammill gets a few mentions there for the short time he was on. This lad sounds like he is getting better and better.
NiftyNeil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JoeTerp » Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:03 pm

Hammill wasn't even in the squad as Southampton got knocked out by Posh.  what were they thinking?
JoeTerp

Postby RedBlood » Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:08 am

JoeTerp wrote:Hammill wasn't even in the squad as Southampton got knocked out by Posh.  what were they thinking?

its a joke do they not who we are?
RedBlood
LFC Super Member

Postby JoeTerp » Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:14 am

I guess he can't be wasting his time in carling cup matches, they gotta save him to win promotion :D
JoeTerp

Postby mungi » Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:48 am

is dean bozanis training with the reserve team or is he loaned out again? this guy has a massive future
mungi
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:57 pm

JoeTerp wrote:Peters runs rule over Ryan
Shrewsbury manager Gary Peters has taken Liverpool midfielder Jimmy Ryan on trial.

Peters has been hit by a raft of injury problems ahead of the League Two opener at Lincoln, with 18-year-old Ryan among several potential signings the Town chief is now contemplating.

Peters said: "I am still in contact with people about players who I like and I feel will give us an edge.

"However, I am not going to jump from one player I like to someone who will merely do a job for us because we always need to look to the future and bring in people who will make us better.

"We've got Jimmy Ryan here who is a central midfield player who is very keen to come and join us.

source

I hope that it is not going to be a permanent deal, he has a great shot from distance.

He's signed on loan for a month and is in line to make his debut tonight against Colchester.

http://www.shropshirestar.co.uk/2007....-switch
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby JoeTerp » Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:39 pm

Antwi got the start for Hartlepool against Scunthorpe in their Carling CUp match, they are down 1-0 hope it wasn't Antwi's fault
JoeTerp

Postby JoeTerp » Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:41 pm

stmichael wrote:
JoeTerp wrote:Peters runs rule over Ryan

source

He's signed on loan for a month and is in line to make his debut tonight against Colchester.

http://www.shropshirestar.co.uk/2007....-switch

I would bet on a hat trick, One corker, one cracker, and one belter.
JoeTerp

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion