Loan watch - Season long updates

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby username » Mon Oct 01, 2007 9:24 pm

JoeTerp wrote:Any news on Miki Roque at Xerez, Jimmy Ryan at Shrewsbury or Mihaylov at FC Twente?

As far as i can tell, there not being played.

i know Jimmy Ryan has been played for 3 (all cup i think) matches. But not much from when his loan deal was extended
"Fernando Towers won't triumph in the premiership.
And you can quote me on that. " - Sabre 2007
Sorry Sabre, but when i see stuff like this i have to quote it :D
username

Postby username » Wed Oct 03, 2007 12:07 am

Idrizaj played for 1 half in which he was booked in Crystal Palace 1-0 defeat to Plymouth
Antwi played the full game for Hartlepool in there 2-2 draw to Carlisle
Anderson scored on the 21st minute in Swansea 2-1 victory over Swindon, where he was also taken off in the 74th minute
Peltier helped Yeovil keep a clean sheet in a 0-0 draw to Luton
Smith played one half in Stockport's 2-0 loss to Morecambe
username

Postby username » Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:31 am

Hammill was an unused sub in Southampton 3-2 victory over West Brom
Idrizaj did not play for Crystal Palace
Anderson assisted and scored in a 5-0 crushing over Leyton Orient, with Anderson getting high praise
Antwi played all of Hartlepool's 2-1 defeat to Nottingham Forest
Peltier did not make the trip in Yeovil's 1-0 loss to Leeds
Ryan was a 76th minute sub for Shrewsbury in a 3-1 defeat to Chester
Smith did not play for Stockport
username

Postby JamCar05 » Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:35 am

Guthrie played from begin on for Bolton against Chelsea. Don't know whether he was subbed at some point or not, but glad to see him get to play in the premier league. And playing against a team like Chelsea can only be of benefit for his development (just too bad he didn't score against them :) )
JamCar05

Postby JoeTerp » Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:38 am

Anderson seems to be having the best loan spell so far.

ASTRIT ON THE MARK AS YOUNG REDS WIN
Steve Hunter 07 October 2007
Astrit Ajdarevic scored a superb goal as Liverpool Under-18s beat Blackburn Rovers 2-0 in their latest Academy outing on Saturday.
England youth international Nathan Eccleston scored again after his two goals at Stoke last weekend, but the Reds had German starlet Marvin Pourie sent-off for retaliation in the second half.

Reds Under-18 manager Hughie McAuley fielded a strong side that included Melwood based players Robbie Threlfall and Martin Kelly in defence, while Swedish starlet Alex Kacaniklic made his first start for the team. Under-16 player Adam Wilson made his Under-18s debut as a second half substitute.

McAuley said: "It was a very good and pleasing performance. We had a good tempo to our game and Steven Irwin and David Amoo combined really well down the right hand side. I played Steven at right back and he gave us another dimension with some great runs.

"Astrit scored our first goal with an excellent strike while it was pleasing to see Nathan score again after some good wing play from Amoo.

"Unfortunately Marvin will now have to serve a three match ban but I don't have any complaints with his sending-off. He retaliated to a tackle and you just can't do that. He will learn from that."

Liverpool Under-18s: Dean Bouzanis, Steven Irwin, Robbie Threlfall, Martin Kelly, Joe Kennedy, Sean Highdale, David Amoo, Astrit Adjdarevic, Marvin Pourie, Nathan Eccleston, Alex Kacaniklic (Adam Wilson 70). Unused subs': Gary MacKay Steven, Daniel McDonald (Under-16 GK), Ben Taylor (Under-16), Matty McGiveron (Under-16).

Anybody heard anything on Dani Pacheco?  He was called up and played a half with the reserve squad and looked very creative, I think this was 3 weeks ago, but hasn't played in any kind of game reserve or youth since.
JoeTerp

Postby Leonmc0708 » Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:39 am

Ace Ventura wrote:Sammy Lee has been ignoring him...and who am i to question him...he's probably forgotten more than i know  :D

As opposed to Rafael Benitez who knows nothing about football ?
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JoeTerp » Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:43 am

JamCar05 wrote:Guthrie played from begin on for Bolton against Chelsea. Don't know whether he was subbed at some point or not, but glad to see him get to play in the premier league. And playing against a team like Chelsea can only be of benefit for his development (just too bad he didn't score against them :) )

He played all 90 and from espnsoccernet:  Leading scorer Nicolas Anelka suddenly sprung into action in the 34th minute after a good ball from Danny Guthrie.
JoeTerp

Postby stmichael » Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:55 pm

JamCar05 wrote:Guthrie played from begin on for Bolton against Chelsea. Don't know whether he was subbed at some point or not, but glad to see him get to play in the premier league. And playing against a team like Chelsea can only be of benefit for his development (just too bad he didn't score against them :) )

And doing well aswell.

Was looking at a Bolton forum about him a few days ago, most wanted him to start regularly and get Nolan out of the team.

Now considering Nolan's their captain that would be one hell of a result for the lad.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby username » Mon Oct 15, 2007 1:57 am

Anderson was booked in Swansea 4-1 victory over Bournemouth
Antwi was an un-used Hartlepool sub
Peltier played one half for Yeovil in there 2-1 victory

quiet week
username

Postby Ace Ventura » Mon Oct 15, 2007 12:26 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:
Ace Ventura wrote:Sammy Lee has been ignoring him...and who am i to question him...he's probably forgotten more than i know  :D

As opposed to Rafael Benitez who knows nothing about football ?

Errr, see your sig.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JoeTerp » Tue Oct 16, 2007 12:28 am

ANDERSON CHASING TORRES
Jimmy Rice 15 October 2007
With seven goals in 12 games, the smart money is probably on Fernando Torres to finish as Liverpool's top scorer this season – but there's one teenager who could throw a spanner in the works.
Just two months into his season-long loan at Swansea City, Paul Anderson already has six goals to his name.

The 19-year-old winger admits he's had to rethink his strike target for the season.

He explained: "When I was younger I was a right-back so I was never a goalscorer then.

"It was only when I was 15, when there was no-one else to go there and I got shoved forward, that I started playing on the wing.

"I got a few goals then, normally between five and 10 a season, but I've never had six by the middle of October before.

"If you look at my goals, they've all been typical winger's goals where I've been getting in and scoring tap-ins at the far post.

"My aim at the start of the season was to reach double figures for Swansea, but looking at it now it would be good if I could push myself on to 15."

Anderson's form has not escaped the attention of Swans boss Roberto Martinez, who waxed lyrical about his wide man last week.

The youngster admitted it was nice to hear: "I went into Melwood and a couple of the boys were giving me some stick because the story was on Sky Sports News.

"But it's really nice to hear that from the club. It's nice to know you are wanted."

As for his chances of one day becoming an Anfield regular, the former Youth Cup winner remains hopeful.

"It's not really something to think about until the end of the season but I would like to think Liverpool will still want me.

"I'm hoping that I can go and make it at that level because everyone wants to play as high up as they can."
JoeTerp

Postby username » Sun Oct 21, 2007 11:24 pm

Peltier played 65 minutes where he was Booked in Yeovil 1-1 draw to Bristol Rovers.
Hartlepool's game at Swansea was called of de to Michael Maidens death

very quiet week for loan players
username

Postby JoeTerp » Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:11 pm

MCAULEY DELIGHTED WITH U18S WIN
Paul Hassall 25 October 2007
Hugh McAuley was full of praise for his side after Liverpool Under-18s beat Sunderland in an end-to-end encounter at the Academy on Wednesday afternoon.
Goals from strike duo David Amoo (2) and Nathan Eccleston did the damage as the young Reds taught the visiting Black Cats a lesson in finishing to triumph by a 3-0 scoreline.

"It's a good result for us," said McAuley.

"I wanted more from us in the first half because I thought we gave the ball away far too easily and our passing wasn't up to our usual standard.

"But we were a lot better in the second-half and created some good chances to score goals.

"Nathan (Eccleston) and David (Amoo) took the goals well and that was pleasing."

The Reds seized the advantage as early as the ninth minute when David Amoo raced on to an incisive ball from Ryan Crowther to drill a superb effort into the far left hand corner from an acute angle.

But the visitors responded well and had it not been for the agility of goalkeeper Dean Bouzanis, Sunderland, who were being watched by first-team manager Roy Keane, could well have gone in at the interval all-square.

It was a very even contest and both sides had chances to score before Liverpool wrapped up victory with two goals in three minutes just after half-time.

Amoo got his second of the afternoon when he capitalised on a defensive error to race through and clip the ball past the keeper on 55 minutes before Eccleston smashed home the goal of the match with an unstoppable volley from the edge of the area.

It was tough on Sunderland, who continued to squander opportunities late into the game, but for all their fine approach play there was never an end product.

"I thought Sunderland played very well," added McAuley.

"They kept the ball extremely well throughout the game and posed us some problems. But I think that, tactically, we were much stronger in the second-half and it was also nice to keep a clean sheet.

"It means we can now look forward to Saturday's game at West Brom with great confidence."
JoeTerp

Postby JoeTerp » Thu Oct 25, 2007 10:40 pm

Harry Kewell made a triumphant return to action as Liverpool Reserves defeated Newcastle United in front of a bumper crowd at The Halliwell Jones Stadium.
The Australia international, who has been out of action since August, scored a stunning first-half header as he played 45 minutes of the 2-1 win for Gary Ablett's side.

Jordy Brouwer was the other Reds marksman as the Reserves produced a solid display to secure their second victory of their Barclays Premier Reserve League North campaign.

Ablett gave a debut to young defender Martin Kelly for the visit of the Magpies and he made a good impression up against former England Under-21 international Shola Ameobi, as the Reds dominated from the start.

The home side's first opportunity of the match came on eight minutes when Nabil El Zhar cut in from the right and fizzed a well-struck effort into the side netting.

It was a sign of things to come as the majority of the first-half saw one-way traffic directed towards the Newcastle goal.

Kewell was next to try his luck as his 25-yard effort was superbly tipped past the post by Fraser Forster in the visitors' goal.

Jay Spearing then found Craig Lindfield with a cleverly disguised pass but his powerful strike from the right-hand side of the penalty area flew just over the crossbar.

On 30 minutes Kewell gave the Warrington crowd a cameo of what Liverpool's senior side have been missing in his absence as he raced on to a superb throw out by David Martin, turned his marker before releasing a through ball to Craig Lindfield - but the young forward was caught offside.

The pressure continued to mount and when Spearing's 20-yard effort was deflected for a corner Liverpool finally made the breakthrough.

Sebastian Leto delivered from the right allowing Kewell to rise majestically and thump an unstoppable header into the top corner.

It was a lead Liverpool more than deserved and they continued to enjoy the majority of the possession until they gifted Newcastle a surprise equaliser on 42 minutes.

Paraguayan defender Ronald Huth slipped at the vital moment allowing Jonathan Godsmark to race through and slide the ball past Martin.

It was a bitter blow for the home side but they responded well and although Kewell was replaced by Jordy Brouwer at half-time, they regained the lead on 53 minutes, courtesy of the Dutchman's second league goal of the season.

Craig Lindfield found space on the right and when his tame cross was fumbled by Forster, Brouwer was on hand to fire the ball into an empty net.

It was an embarrassing moment for the Newcastle keeper but he went some way to redeeming himself two minutes later when he reacted well to brilliantly deny Lindfield after Spearing found the striker in space just inside the penalty area.

In the final 30 minutes the away side enjoyed their best spell of the match but for all their fine approach play they failed to test David Martin in the Reds goal and the hosts held firm to clinch a deserved victory.

Teams: Liverpool Reserves: Martin, Darby, Insua, Kelly, Huth, Spearing, Plessis, Lindfield (Pacheco 82), El Zhar, Kewell (Brouwer 46 (Putterill 89)), Leto

Newcastle United Reserves: Forster, Bertram (Francis 61), Babayaro (Lough 67), Doninger (Danquah 82), Edgar, Morris, Lua Lua, Pattison, Ameobi, Godsmark, Troisi

Referee: Mr I K Scarr

Attendance: 3,171

Liverpoolfc.tv Man of the Match: Jay Spearing. Another accomplished performance from the midfield man. At the heart of all Liverpo
JoeTerp

Postby JoeTerp » Sun Oct 28, 2007 3:04 pm

UNDER-18S DRAW A BLANK WITH BAGGIES
Steve Hunter 28 October 2007
A strong Liverpool Under-18 side had a frustrating day in front of goal as they were held to a goalless draw at West Bromwich Albion on Saturday.
Spanish starlet Daniel Pachecho had a superb match and caused the Baggies defence all sorts of problems, but try as they might Hughie McAuley's side just couldn't find the net.

"It was a fantastic game of football and we played some terrific football and should have won about 6-0 to be honest," reflected McAuley.

"We had chance after chance, one on one's with their goalkeeper, but we just couldn't score.

"Pachecho played very well and some of the things he did with the ball was quite outstanding and it was good to give our Hungarian striker Krisztian Nemeth a game after his injury.

"I can't fault our performance as we played very well, and sometimes in football you have games like this when you dominate but don't find the net.

"We now look forward to next Saturday's derby when we host Everton at the Academy."

Liverpool team: Dean Bouzanis, Steven Irwin, Shane O'Connor, Daniel Ayala, Joe Kennedy, Sean Highdale, David Amoo, Astrit Ajdarevic, Daniel Pachecho, Nathan Eccleston, Krisztian Nemeth (Gerrardo Bruna 60). Subs' unused: Alex Kacaniklic, Martin Hansen (GK), Mattone Awang, Ben Parsonage.
JoeTerp

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion