SUNDERLAND VS LIVERPOOL - 12:45 kick off

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby lio » Sun Aug 26, 2007 5:09 pm

Goodness me ! Just got confirmation (@.tv) Carra sustained a broken rib not sure will be out for how long. Consolation to hear Hyypia back at training sun morning.
lio

Postby destro » Sun Aug 26, 2007 6:53 pm

Does anyone else feel that it was maybe more down to poor finishing than good goal keeping that kept the score down yesterday, I don't want to take to much away from Brown but I think that all the shots from both Torres and Voronin ( including the goal ) were hit at him, yes he has to be there to get his body in the way, make himself big and all that, but maybe with a bit more composure in front of goal he wouldn't of had the chance.

Am I being a bit harsh on both our strikers and their goal keeper ?. Its just that I have heard the "Pundits" rave about Browns performance, and I didnt see what I consider to be a great save, you could argue ANY save is great, but the one real test he had ( Voronin goal ) he spilt into the net.

I am not having a go at our strikers, I just don't see what he did that was so special.

Thoughts ?
destro

Postby red37 » Sun Aug 26, 2007 7:04 pm

Bit of both in fairness.

The early (20 secs) chance that Voronin had you can perhaps excuse because no bugger anticipates that kind of gift so soon. Do they?  Maybe he should have buried it...but you can understand how he didn't register. Torres hmm...i thought he did have one or two efforts that weren't exactly 'placed' as opposed to just 'struck' - the ball he ran through onto between the two defenders i was expecting to see the net bulge from. There might have been one other occasion. But as we knew, finishing isn't Torres greatest strength - yet.

But take nothing away from Craig Gordon. He did all that was asked of him..and really, a little bit extra that wasn't ,on top.
Even the two shots that DID find the net, he managed to get something on...

But overall, you could argue there is scope for shooting practice from our lads over and above any basic Goalkeeping training that fella needs to make up on in the week.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Sun Aug 26, 2007 7:40 pm

its abit of both. gk played well but i also thought torres could have had better finishing.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby LFC2007 » Sun Aug 26, 2007 8:24 pm

destro wrote:I don't want to take to much away from Brown but I think that all the shots from both Torres and Voronin ( including the goal ) were hit at him,

Brown  ???
LFC2007

Postby yckatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Aug 26, 2007 8:51 pm

i think people look into things too much, it was a game where we missed a few chances but won the game, move on to the next game.
there will be games like the chelsea one were torres gets one chance and scores, there will be games like yesterdays game where he gets loads of chances and doesnt score and there will be games where he gets loads of chances and he scores a hat trick.
life`s like that for all strikers including fowler rush or torres!

You Can Shoot All The Blue Jays You Want To But Its A Sin To Kill A Mocking Bird
yckatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Super Member

Postby AB's Red Army » Sun Aug 26, 2007 10:14 pm

Goalkeepers across the league always have ''good'' games against us for a reason, our finishing is not good enough.
DeviantArt: Click Here
AB's Red Army

Postby destro » Sun Aug 26, 2007 11:25 pm

LFC2007 wrote:
destro wrote:I don't want to take to much away from Brown but I think that all the shots from both Torres and Voronin ( including the goal ) were hit at him,

Brown  ???

Craig Gordon Brown
destro

Postby LFC2007 » Sun Aug 26, 2007 11:42 pm

destro wrote:Craig Gordon Brown

I see  :upside:
LFC2007

Postby destro » Sun Aug 26, 2007 11:52 pm

LFC2007 wrote:

The_Rocks fault ( page 10/11 of this thread )  :D I still had it in my head when i wrote my post.
destro

Postby pilkiSAFC » Mon Aug 27, 2007 2:25 am

I think that we we totally outclassed by a far better team, you will " :censored: this league this year" good luck  :buttrock
pilkiSAFC

Postby The_Rock » Mon Aug 27, 2007 3:47 am

destro wrote:
LFC2007 wrote:

The_Rocks fault ( page 10/11 of this thread )  :D I still had it in my head when i wrote my post.

yeah...sure.

blame me for your incompetence....  :p
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby whylongball? » Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:04 am

AB's Red Army wrote:Goalkeepers across the league always have ''good'' games against us for a reason, our finishing is not good enough.

i am afraid you have a valid point there. Just hope its still early and our strikers would get sharp soon enough
whylongball?

Postby Owzat » Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:18 am

Shots too close to the goalkeeper, or not on target, has been our problem for too long. Still we made two chances count and are right up there, that was no more than a margin expected of teams who want the title. After the home qualifier we have Derby (h), Pompey (a), Brum (h), Wigan (a) and spudz (h). I think we need four wins there, if not five, to really put the pressure on chelski and the scum.

More annoying/interesting than finishing - again we were right down the order in MOTD highlights and frankly they didn't do the match justice. I guessed beforehand the order would be Chelsea, Arsenal and then as many as they could fit in before we'd be near the end. By rights it should be decided by the number of goals scored in the match - most first - in which case we'd have been ahead of both. Considering our game was earliest they had the longest time in which to put the highlights together. And it was live so they couldn't argue a lack of footage

And as I'm typing I read Paletta is leaving for Boca, really f in good timing that with Carra and Hyypia injured - although the latter 'only' a broken nose

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/6964642.stm
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby destro » Mon Aug 27, 2007 9:02 am

pilkiSAFC wrote:I think that we we totally outclassed by a far better team, you will " :censored: this league this year" good luck  :buttrock

Gracious in defeat, classy  :nod thanks for that, good luck to you against the Scum next week. If there is a scuffle on the touch line between the two Managers, my money is on Keane   :D
destro

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion