Liverpool v sunderland - Fu.ck the rumours, here comes the footy!

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby lakes10 » Thu Aug 18, 2005 10:42 pm

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:Yer Gary your right f*ck the rumours its been a nightmare day  :down: .
We have to start 2 upfront i think it will be cisse and Morientes, garcia plays better at home anyway, and Pongolle will probably get 10 mins he looked lively the other night.
cant wait for this game first prem home game, Sunderland will sh*t themselves playing the euro champs :buttrock
3-0 liverpool.

spot on, i feel sorry for Sunderland, we should wipe them of the face of the earth
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stoney » Thu Aug 18, 2005 10:50 pm

yckatbjywtbiastkamb wrote:
ALONSO_14 wrote:we better win this match at the weekend, should be p!ss easy really but everyone knows how we are sometimes against sh!t teams. ill go for a 2-0 win for us, should really be more but we never reach our potential in matches. fail to win this match and we are  basically out of the title race already with the manks chelski and arsenal bound to win

the glass is always half full with you mate  :D

arsenal, chelsea or both will drop points this weekend as they are playing each so we could actually go ahead of one of them.
stoney
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1120597113 » Thu Aug 18, 2005 10:53 pm

yckatbjywtbiastkamb wrote:
ALONSO_14 wrote:we better win this match at the weekend, should be p!ss easy really but everyone knows how we are sometimes against sh!t teams. ill go for a 2-0 win for us, should really be more but we never reach our potential in matches. fail to win this match and we are  basically out of the title race already with the manks chelski and arsenal bound to win

the glass is always half full with you mate  :D

Wot an optomist!!
If i thought like that i would'nt even watch football!
By the sounds of your post u seem to think its a burden to support LFC ffs!! And to say we're out of the league after one match  is beyond belief!Get a grip ill ya!!  :no  :no
66-1120597113

Postby stmichael » Thu Aug 18, 2005 10:54 pm

this fixture is already giving me nightmares of the game against sunderland three seasons ago which was officially the most one sided game in premiership history.

we had 33 shots to 0, 19 on target, 75% possession and 70% territory. their keeper (i think it was jurgen macho) had a blinder and even when the ball did beat him it hit owen's backside on the line and went wide.  :angry:

i expect pretty much more of the same. we have to play 2 upfront and hit them with the kitchen sink from the off. they'll not be able to handle it and i expect a comfortable victory. in all fairness, we couldn't ask for a better home game to start the season and we simply have to win, especially when you consider that our next two home games after saturday are manure and chelsea.

i'll go for 3-0. :buttrock
Last edited by stmichael on Thu Aug 18, 2005 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby ALONSO_14 » Thu Aug 18, 2005 11:03 pm

saying we are out of the title race already was a joke really, theres a hell of a long way to go but the past week hasnt really been a great boost for my optimism but ill get it back soon, im usually quite optimistic about things believe it or not  :D

things should look better after the sunderland game
LIVERPOOL FC- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINNERS 2005
                        EUROPEAN CHAMPIONS, 5TH TIME WINNERS
                        ISTANBUL
ALONSO_14
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NiftyNeil » Thu Aug 18, 2005 11:48 pm

passmeistro_#14 wrote:
NiftyNeil wrote:
Cool Hand Luke wrote:I say play our strongest side an change it a bit for the CSKA match:

Reina

Finnan Hyypia Carragher Warnock

Garcia Alonso Gerrard Zenden

Cisse  Morinetes

Sunderland seem to be the worst team in the league, with hardly any players of any note, we should be looking to put in a thoroughly convincing performance.

My only worry is that all those players (Warnock and Zenden apart), represented their respective countries midweek and I just hope they can refocus and have the mental and physical stamina to play to a high enough level.

No JAR in out strongest side? ??????
I think not!!

what is our best side then IYO?
TBH i think we have a best team.

Jon Arne Riise gets my vote ahead of Zenden any day of the week.
I agree with the rest of the team however.
Zenden is yet to prove himself, JAR already has. Plus, if you cut him in half, a flock of Liverbirds would fly out.
NiftyNeil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby MilitiaRusher » Fri Aug 19, 2005 3:36 am

stmichael wrote:this fixture is already giving me nightmares of the game against sunderland three seasons ago which was officially the most one sided game in premiership history.

we had 33 shots to 0, 19 on target, 75% possession and 70% territory. their keeper (i think it was jurgen macho) had a blinder and even when the ball did beat him it hit owen's backside on the line and went wide.  :angry:

i expect pretty much more of the same. we have to play 2 upfront and hit them with the kitchen sink from the off. they'll not be able to handle it and i expect a comfortable victory. in all fairness, we couldn't ask for a better home game to start the season and we simply have to win, especially when you consider that our next two home games after saturday are manure and chelsea.

Did this match fall on the period when we were suffering from a very bad patch of form?
MilitiaRusher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby babu » Fri Aug 19, 2005 5:24 am

Garymac wrote:........I did write a massive review of the game to start off this thread before but me Internet cut off as i was just about to finish and i cant be ar$ed writing it all again!!

This happens to me a lot when I am at work. Just hit 'back' on your browser and copy the text (right click). Then re-log into the forum, start new topic, and paste.

Just in case you didn't know.

3-0 LFC. Carra to score.   :grinning:

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Fri Aug 19, 2005 10:12 am

MilitiaRusher wrote:
stmichael wrote:this fixture is already giving me nightmares of the game against sunderland three seasons ago which was officially the most one sided game in premiership history.

Did this match fall on the period when we were suffering from a very bad patch of form?

yep. it was smack bang in the middle of that period when we didn't win a game for three months after being top of the league and unbeaten after twelve games. to make things worse we then lost to them 2-1- at the stadium of light. an absolute joke considering sunderland only got 19 points all season, the lowest total in premiership history. :(
Last edited by stmichael on Fri Aug 19, 2005 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby siti_zaiton1982 » Fri Aug 19, 2005 10:56 am

we''ve got to grab all 3 points,so i believe Rafa will play his strongest squad ...

Reina

Finnan       Carra      Hyppia        Warnock

Garcia       Alonso     Stevie           Riise

Cisse        Morientes
siti_zaiton1982
LFC Super Member

Postby Red Rafa Revolution » Fri Aug 19, 2005 11:14 am

u can't get any easier than this for your 1st home game. if we don't plastered them, we won't have much hope of challenging the leading pack.
Bill Shankly after beating Everton in the '71 cup semi : "Sickness would not have kept me away from this one. If I'd been dead, I would have had them bring the casket to the ground, prop it up in the stands and cut a hole in the lid."
Red Rafa Revolution

Postby banana » Fri Aug 19, 2005 11:57 am

Sunderland is in for a beating. I suppose they will try to stay back and deny us space and try to snatch a goal on a counter or to get something from set pieces. Key to breaking such teams down is having some extra pace or a big guy in front of goal. Crouchy would have been up for this challenge. However Cisse's pace should trouble them and Morientes may trouble them in the air. We should slaughter them and score 4 or 5 goals. 3 from Cisse, 1 from Gerrard and one from Morientes. 5-0.
If football is banned in heaven. I'd rather go to hell.
banana
LFC Super Member

Postby Gaunt » Fri Aug 19, 2005 12:17 pm

im not quite as confident even if it is Sunderland, id say a 2-0 win with Gerrard and Morientes scoring
Gaunt

Postby mighty mo » Fri Aug 19, 2005 12:26 pm

liverpool to win comfortably 2-0 morientes and cisse banging the goals
mighty mo
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Gareth G » Fri Aug 19, 2005 12:49 pm

I myself fancy a 3 or 4 - 0 win, but I'd love to see us getting 6 or 7 since we didn't get our "annual" 6 - 0 win last year!
Gareth G
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion