Liverpool v sunderland - Fu.ck the rumours, here comes the footy!

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Garymac » Thu Aug 18, 2005 9:01 pm

Yes after a week of Rumours, the 1st home league game of the season is here as we take on the woeful Sunderland, think Cisse will come in for Sissoko (Sissoko was great against Boro but we will play 2 upfront) and thats the only change i can see, im going for 4 nil and Garcia to score 1st........I did write a massive review of the game to start off this thread before but me Internet cut off as i was just about to finish and i cant be ar$ed writing it all again!! What does anyone else reckon, Zenden dropped? Risse Back in? Sunderland to win?? Owen to start??!!
Garymac
LFC Super Member

Postby Ciggy » Thu Aug 18, 2005 9:06 pm

Yer Gary your right f*ck the rumours its been a nightmare day  :down: .
We have to start 2 upfront i think it will be cisse and Morientes, garcia plays better at home anyway, and Pongolle will probably get 10 mins he looked lively the other night.
cant wait for this game first prem home game, Sunderland will sh*t themselves playing the euro champs :buttrock
3-0 liverpool.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Thu Aug 18, 2005 9:07 pm

I say play our strongest side an change it a bit for the CSKA match:

Reina

Finnan Hyypia Carragher Warnock

Garcia Alonso Gerrard Zenden

Cisse  Morinetes

Sunderland seem to be the worst team in the league, with hardly any players of any note, we should be looking to put in a thoroughly convincing performance.

My only worry is that all those players (Warnock and Zenden apart), represented their respective countries midweek and I just hope they can refocus and have the mental and physical stamina to play to a high enough level.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Thu Aug 18, 2005 9:09 pm

Yeah I can see Cisse starting instead of Sissoko.  As you say, he was great against Boro but I think he'll be used more in away games than at home.  We'll be unchanged apart from that I reckon, Zenden will be given more than one game in the league to prove himself, Riise will be on the bench again.

Nothing else but a win will do in this game, I'll go for 3-0.  I'd like to see Morientes and Cisse on the score sheet :)
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby yckatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Aug 18, 2005 9:13 pm

i think it could take a while to break them down, they`ll come here for a point and pack their defence. when any side adopts these tactics especially if they play five in midfield it can start to get frustrating. its up to us fans to get behind them and dont start transmitting the frustration to the players.

You Can Shoot All The Blue Jays You Want To But Its A Sin To Kill A Mocking Bird
yckatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Super Member

Postby H_K_LFC » Thu Aug 18, 2005 9:17 pm

a think it will be 3-0...cisse,garcia and gerrard scorin and an easy game for us
H_K_LFC
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Tiiger » Thu Aug 18, 2005 9:22 pm

my formation will be

Reina

Cisse   Alonso  Gerrard    Zenden

Garcia

Morinetes

Try Cisse on the right.
Those who forget the past have no future.
Tiiger

Postby stoney » Thu Aug 18, 2005 9:24 pm

I reckon its gonna be easy for us to break them down as they're missing their star defender and ex red stephen wright :D
stoney
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Thu Aug 18, 2005 10:04 pm

Heck if we cant win this contest it will set the cat amongst the pigeons. Im at pains to be to be over confident but surely only a comfortable victory for Liverpool is acceptable here. Its a complete mismatch.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby El Nino_#9 » Thu Aug 18, 2005 10:07 pm

stoney wrote:I reckon its gonna be easy for us to break them down as they're missing their star defender and ex red stephen wright :D

your wrong there!
there star defender is the ex-captain of everton.....Alan Stubbs!  :D
El Nino_#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Garymac » Thu Aug 18, 2005 10:22 pm

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:Yer Gary your right f*ck the rumours its been a nightmare day  :down: .
We have to start 2 upfront i think it will be cisse and Morientes, garcia plays better at home anyway, and Pongolle will probably get 10 mins he looked lively the other night.
cant wait for this game first prem home game, Sunderland will sh*t themselves playing the euro champs :buttrock
3-0 liverpool.

To right CGGY, rumours have been a nightmere all week but its nice to have the footy to look forward to, me and me mate in work havent stopped talkin about this game, just cos of the optimisium going into the season. we was gonna meet for a pint in the Sandon just before the game but now we have  arranged to get there for 12!!, im proper buzzin about it, hope the boys put on a bit of a show for us, although Alonsos passing is worth the entrance fee alone.

Saw the highlights of the Sunderland game on Football First last week and they really are a premiership team with a Championship squad, they will battle hard but if Charlton can do you 3 1 at home with 10 men, there is nothing down for you really when you are coming to Anfield next.
Garymac
LFC Super Member

Postby NiftyNeil » Thu Aug 18, 2005 10:33 pm

Cool Hand Luke wrote:I say play our strongest side an change it a bit for the CSKA match:

Reina

Cisse  Morinetes

Sunderland seem to be the worst team in the league, with hardly any players of any note, we should be looking to put in a thoroughly convincing performance.

My only worry is that all those players (Warnock and Zenden apart), represented their respective countries midweek and I just hope they can refocus and have the mental and physical stamina to play to a high enough level.

No JAR in out strongest side? ??????
I think not!!
NiftyNeil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ALONSO_14 » Thu Aug 18, 2005 10:34 pm

we better win this match at the weekend, should be p!ss easy really but everyone knows how we are sometimes against sh!t teams. ill go for a 2-0 win for us, should really be more but we never reach our potential in matches. fail to win this match and we are  basically out of the title race already with the manks chelski and arsenal bound to win
LIVERPOOL FC- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINNERS 2005
                        EUROPEAN CHAMPIONS, 5TH TIME WINNERS
                        ISTANBUL
ALONSO_14
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby El Nino_#9 » Thu Aug 18, 2005 10:36 pm

NiftyNeil wrote:
Cool Hand Luke wrote:I say play our strongest side an change it a bit for the CSKA match:

Reina

Cisse  Morinetes

No JAR in out strongest side? ??????
I think not!!

what is our best side then IYO?
TBH i think we have a best team.
El Nino_#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby yckatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Aug 18, 2005 10:37 pm

ALONSO_14 wrote:we better win this match at the weekend, should be p!ss easy really but everyone knows how we are sometimes against sh!t teams. ill go for a 2-0 win for us, should really be more but we never reach our potential in matches. fail to win this match and we are  basically out of the title race already with the manks chelski and arsenal bound to win

the glass is always half full with you mate  :D

You Can Shoot All The Blue Jays You Want To But Its A Sin To Kill A Mocking Bird
yckatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Super Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion