Pre season starts 27th ... today! - Come on u reds !

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby zarababe » Mon Jun 27, 2005 1:13 am

.. well folks.. preperations for the new season.. are upon us..the Red machine returns to Melwood for pre season training today, Monday 27 June and the Boss and his hardy back room staff.. begin plotting their road to Paris.. and to the summit of English football...

Of course we are still awaiting the arrival of some fresh faces... but with the defense of the CL begining in just over two weeks time.. the players and management  will be striving to aquire match fitness in record time...

In his own words.. the Boss  :bowdown

"We've told the players our idea is to start pre-season on June 27 at Melwood.

"We need to train harder at the start and change the culture of pre-season here. If we sign new players after June 27, they will have to start afresh.

"But I want all the players to show the right mentality from the very beginning of pre-season and this will make it easier for them throughout the rest of the year.

"I'm sure you will see a fitter, stronger Liverpool this season."

... and so... let the show begin... let dreams once again come true .. let the passion and the power shine through... let Liverpool Football club.. continue to take strides towards becoming "a bastion of invincibility"...  :)
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 76-1115222408 » Mon Jun 27, 2005 2:19 am

zarababe wrote:"a bastion of invincibility"...  :)

Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes that is EXACTLY what i hope to see in the years to come prior to 2010 !!! As long as Rafa is in charge this is a very clear and distinct possibility, this is (I bloody well hope!!) not another false dawn!!!!
76-1115222408

Postby The_Rock » Mon Jun 27, 2005 2:47 am

esp a fitter morientas....... Hope he breaks the premierleague scoring record next season.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedorDead » Mon Jun 27, 2005 6:54 am

Amazing isn't it....just a month after our last game we start all over!! Lucky there wasn't a world cup or European championships this year otherwise we'd be screwed!! Still, this season, as every season I start by believing we will win everything...Let's hope I am right this year!!! :D
L - I - V.....E - R - P.......Double O - L....Liverpool F C!!!!!
RedorDead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Mon Jun 27, 2005 7:06 am

The_Rock wrote:esp a fitter morientas....... Hope he breaks the premierleague scoring record next season.

He's not really the sort of player who will score 25 goals. If Djib gets a lot of time on the pitch I think he will probably score more goals than Moro.

However Morientes is very good at holding the ball up and his link up play is exclelent, so I'd expect him to be a focal point in a lot of the goals we score this season, even if he isn't banging them in himself.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fernando Morientes > 19 < » Mon Jun 27, 2005 7:36 am

However Morientes is very good at holding the ball up and his link up play is exclelent, so I'd expect him to be a focal point in a lot of the goals we score this season, even if he isn't banging them in himself.

Good point mate. I also expect him to be the one linking up the play between midfield and attack. He has the technique and quality to do just that.
"He is the player that Liverpool have been looking for." - Ian Rush
Fernando Morientes > 19 <
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion