Pre season training starts today

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Ciggy » Mon Jul 03, 2006 8:25 am

So now all of our players are out of the WC I am a bit glad to be honest that our most important ones will get a holiday now.
Gerrard must be friggen shattered playing over a year of football and will probably go to his villa in Portugal for two weeks or something.

The ones that where not in the WC return to training today it seems to have flown by since the season finished.

Bellamy will meet most of his team mates today and if all goes well hopefully Gonzales and Liverpool hear the verdict if he can offically play for us tommorrow (fingers crossed).

Bet Rafa has been itching to get the new season under way already, we all know what he's like how much he loves his football.

Wonder if he's had his eye on any players from the WC that may have changed his transfer targets some what? What do you guys reckon?

So as far as Im aware the only new face at Melwood today will be Bellamy and if reports are true we will see another 6 new faces very soon.

Rafa is putting together his own squad with Cisse/Hamann/Traore being shown the door I wont be suprised to see a lot more of Houlliers buys leaving also.

With arrival of Aurielio and Djimi told to look for a new club maybe Warnock will also be told the same?

We still havent got this right winger (yet)  :down:
Hopefully this can be sorted out this week if the Alves deal is off completley then maybe we will get Pennant.

Still need another striker also and fingers crossed that Bellamy doesnt go to bloody jail for 6 months that would be the last thing we need.

I hope we see more of Agger this season also he's a bit of an enigma till now so many good reports before we got him we still havent seen what he's capable of yet though due to injuries.

Cant wait for the season to begin and see what Aurielio and hopefully Gonzales and Bellamy are like in the Red jersey and any other new faces that arrive.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mikopool » Mon Jul 03, 2006 8:43 am

Honestly I don't think anything huge will happen until the world cup is done, despite my impression that Rafa wouldn't sign a player based on world cup performence I still think once the cup is over the big moves if any will happen, exciting to see the players back in training however,can hardly wait for the season to start, world cup helped tide over the off time nicely  :D
" Some people say football is a matter of life and death, I don't like this attitude, I can assure them, its much more serious then that "

- Billy Shanks.

For life.
mikopool

Postby tubby » Mon Jul 03, 2006 8:45 am

Steve Bruce seems adament that Pennant will not be going anywhere but I was under the impression that we had a gentlmens agreement for him if no other alternative came up.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redmikey » Mon Jul 03, 2006 7:39 pm

pennant should be higher up the wanted list imo as he would need no settling in time and is proven (even if in a poor team) at epl level
redmikey
LFC Super Member

Postby Kash_Mountain » Mon Jul 03, 2006 7:57 pm

Rafa's probably been making a lot of phone calls to try and pin down the players he want's right now. No point in waiting as pre seasons already started, need the players as early as possible

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby GOAT » Mon Jul 03, 2006 8:02 pm

Hope this alves deal gets tied up and we dont have to resort to pennant. Doubt bellamy will be going to jail for 6 motnhs thats the maximum sentence. Hope we can get this RW and another striker signed up ASAP
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby Good Bob » Mon Jul 03, 2006 8:52 pm

bavlondon wrote:Steve Bruce seems adament that Pennant will not be going anywhere but I was under the impression that we had a gentlmens agreement for him if no other alternative came up.

You also think Aimar's available at 5million and he's a central midfielder and winger.

So basically there's no gentlemans agreement then.... :D
Good Bob

Postby Good Bob » Mon Jul 03, 2006 8:53 pm

redmikey wrote:pennant should be higher up the wanted list imo as he would need no settling in time and is proven (even if in a poor team) at epl level

Proven at EPL level? :laugh:

Whats that suposed to mean?
Good Bob

Postby wee_boi888 » Mon Jul 03, 2006 10:24 pm

Good Bob wrote:
redmikey wrote:pennant should be higher up the wanted list imo as he would need no settling in time and is proven (even if in a poor team) at epl level

EPL...
Stu, Good Bob...[insert another alias here]...

I'm assuming Redmikey is an OOTer, like many Liverpool followers/fans/supporters. Cos we aren't around Mersey, or even in England - often even Europe, we will call the league the EPL, cos it is not our local, and there are many other different leagues abroad we could follow...

Don't really get why you ridiculing him for calling it the EPL...
Last edited by wee_boi888 on Mon Jul 03, 2006 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wee_boi888
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Mon Jul 03, 2006 10:30 pm

wee_boi888 wrote:
Good Bob wrote:

EPL...
Stu, Good Bob...[insert another alias here]...

I'm assuming Redmikey is an OOTer, like many Liverpool followers/fans/supporters. Cos we aren't around Mersey, or even in England - often even Europe, we will call the league the EPL, cos it is not our local, and there are many other different leagues abroad we could follow...

Don't really get why you ridiculing him for calling it the EPL...

Wee Boi I think youve missunderstood Stu there, he wasnt havent a dig at Ooters or that, but the fact is Pennant is a proven EPL player he was at Arsenal before Birmingham and as far as I am aware they where both in the prem until Brum went down.
Or Unless Stu was being sarcastic Im sure he will let us know :D
Last edited by Ciggy on Mon Jul 03, 2006 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Tue Jul 04, 2006 8:55 am

I wouldnt say he is proven. He has or should I say had potential at Arsenal but he let his past times ruin his career. Im sure he still has the talent. But it would be a matter of getting his head screwed on properly.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion