:laugh: he was there u know... :D
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Mon Nov 29, 2004 12:32 am

Maybe he thought with our current injury list he might get a game but sadly for him the injuries NEVER get that bad !!! :D

Disgracefuil behaviour (again) yesterday from EHJ and obviously not learnt his lesson from the Celtic incifdent , shame on him is all I can say ???
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Mon Nov 29, 2004 12:33 am

Great game..contemplating calling new baby Neil when it arrives but had image of "The Young Ones" and decided to leave any name calling to the wife...she's good at that!

Alonso,Gerrard and Hamann were the key,but every man jack of them deserve a pat on the back with special mention for Neil Mellor,who ran his socks off and still managed to muster enough power to drive home the winner.We haven't had to many freaky,freaky,jump up and down like a bunch of 10 year olds to the tune of S-Club7 games,so it was a day to savour.Reading the papers tomorrow will be an enjoyable experience.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby The Canadian Red Army » Mon Nov 29, 2004 12:38 am

supersub wrote:Great game..contemplating calling new baby Neil when it arrives but had image of "The Young Ones" and decided to leave any name calling to the wife...she's good at that!

Alonso,Gerrard and Hamann were the key,but every man jack of them deserve a pat on the back with special mention for Neil Mellor,who ran his socks off and still managed to muster enough power to drive home the winner.We haven't had to many freaky,freaky,jump up and down like a bunch of 10 year olds to the tune of S-Club7 games,so it was a day to savour.Reading the papers tomorrow will be an enjoyable experience.

the girls of s club 7 are hot
RIP - Drummerphil - YNWA
" Whats a holly kipper CRA? Is that a scene from batman and Robin :D" - CGGY
This is soo true - Daniel - sweetest guy in the world,soft and gentle but good in bed! hes a keeper!!!!!!
The Canadian Red Army
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Mon Nov 29, 2004 12:44 am

Dalglish wrote:Some obversations from the game :

Hamann , Gerrard and Alonso were the key players, some on here were advocating a 5 man midfield as a way of playing Arsenal and it worked perfectly today. Gerrard given a  free role was a masterclass in tactics on Raffa's part and Mellor ran his socks off and deserved the plaudits at the end.....

SS, couldn;t agree more mate :)
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Mon Nov 29, 2004 12:50 am

Dalglish wrote:
Dalglish wrote:Some obversations from the game :

Hamann , Gerrard and Alonso were the key players, some on here were advocating a 5 man midfield as a way of playing Arsenal and it worked perfectly today. Gerrard given a  free role was a masterclass in tactics on Raffa's part and Mellor ran his socks off and deserved the plaudits at the end.....

SS, couldn;t agree more mate :)

deja vu
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby JBG » Mon Nov 29, 2004 12:51 am

supersub wrote:Great game..contemplating calling new baby Neil when it arrives but had image of "The Young Ones" and decided to leave any name calling to the wife...she's good at that!

Neil from the Young Ones!  :D  Man, I love that show.

Unfortunately I wasn't at the game today, but I would have given my right arm to have been. I watched it on tv and the noise from the crowd was so deafning it almost drowned out the commentary.

Its days like today that you realise why we all love the club, and our midfield performance was so good that it shows, that despite our problems and weaknesses, it is in that area that I think, without a note of exageration, that we are as strong as anybody in England, maybe even Europe.

If we can hold on to a quality midfielders, get our injured players back and bring a new faces in, then maybe we can be a force to be reckoned with.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Dalglish » Mon Nov 29, 2004 12:52 am

Spooky !!!!!! Weird isn;t it that people omn here who actually attend reach the same conclusions :D
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby the great one » Mon Nov 29, 2004 2:40 am

Arsenal 2-1 i throught i might share this with you lucky beggers :)
''I know Mourinho likes to tell people that he is the European champion manager but he's not now. That belongs to Benitez. '' Jamie Carragher
the great one
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Mon Nov 29, 2004 2:49 am

:D  You beauty !!!!!!
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Mon Nov 29, 2004 2:51 am

The way the commentator says "mellorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr" , Class ......pure class :D
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby polygemus » Mon Nov 29, 2004 6:43 am

Analysis (Some finer points)

1. The fullbacks in the game were Risse and Finnan, who overlaps constantly and puts pressure on Ashley Cole and Lauren. Hence Arsenal was not able to dominate midfield.
If it's Josemi and Traore (those dudes can't overlap, can't defend) then the story would have been completely different, as we would have lost midfield.

2. To those who haven't realize it by now, Kewell is much heavier than his prime days with Leeds (when Leeds took on Real Madrid and he match Figo dribble for dribble) He's no longer able to run at the defence. On top of that he's giving the ball away too frequently.

3. The goal by Mellor is sweet. It also exposes Lehmann as a top GK wannabe. GKs like Francesco Toldo, Peter Schmeichel would never have been beaten. The distance is too far and the ball is not going that fast. (Lehmann can't read the swerve lol)
polygemus

Postby 112-1077774096 » Mon Nov 29, 2004 7:16 am

Dalglish wrote:Kewell is an enigma Cisse ??? Everyone knows what he is capable of but he appears to be playing on ZERO confidence and at this level that essentially is the only difference between players ...........Aoart from the extraordinary and gfifted players like Henry and Gerrard the only thing that seperates most prem players is confidence and Kewell has none at the moment !

Cast your mind back a year when we played Arsenal At Anfield ....First half Kewell was world calss and bossed the game ,what a difference a year makes :(

Ping Pong indeed :D  Did you see taht audacious dummy he sold Laurena nd Vierra, it was right in fromnt of where i sit and my mate turned round and said "he even fooled me , i was looking up the pitch thinking the ball had gone that way !!!!! :p

i heard he sent you so far the wrong way that you had to pay to get back in    :D
112-1077774096

Postby DAV » Mon Nov 29, 2004 8:09 am

well batter me with a big stick and call me tracey
i eat my words, my hat and my underpants
Stunning
well Pongolle will be on soccer AM'S show boating this week
Lets just hope we can take performances like this on raod trips
DAV
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Mon Nov 29, 2004 11:01 am

Great fighting result which will hopefully be a cornerstone of good December run after another horrible November
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion