LIVERPOOL VS ARSENAL - We owe these one

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Igor Zidane » Sun Apr 01, 2007 10:23 am

What a difference good service from the wings makes. Although imo pennant and gonzo were still not brilliant yesterday , credit where it's due.

They both got good balls into the box and we looked far more threatening for it. The more impressive thing for me was that both full backs got forward alot yesterday and put quality balls into the box from wide areas, most noteably Aurielio.
Mascherano impressed me alot yesterday , especially his work rate and breaking up the oppo's play, and guess what he can control and pass a ball aswell , go figure.
Crouch was deservedly mom yesterday ,not just because of a quality hatrick ,but because of an all round quality performance. Like someone else said if rooney had scored them goals yesterday everyone would be raving.
As a side note , don't be suprised if he doesn't start against psv.

So it was an all round good display from everyone and the lesson's to learn are that, we need quality service from the wings and the goals will come.

Wether that's from Pennant and gonzo in the future , i don't know, but the full backs proved that they are more than capable yesterday.
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Sun Apr 01, 2007 10:46 am

EddieC wrote:
whylongball? wrote:I wouldnt call him world class yet.....he needs to be a lot more consistent in terms of scoring

WTF? He's got the best ratio for minutes played out of any of our strikers, not his fault he doesn't get enough games.

Anyway, my view on the match:

Reina (6) - Didn't have too much to do, but dealt with problems when they arose. Can't be blamed for the goal.

Aurelio (7) - Looked a lot more like the player I thought we were buying in the summer, some brilliant crosses, not to mention the free kick, but most importantly more defensively sound than I've seen him all season.

Carragher (6) - Quiet by his standards, but then again did any of our defenders have much to do? Pulled off a vital challenge against Adebayor, can't blame him that they didn't cause us many problems.

Agger (7) - Not sure if he actually knew too much about the goal, it didn't even seem to change direction after he touched it. Same as JC, not a lot to do, but an extra point for the goal.

Arbeloa (8 ) - Well, Carra's said it, and I agree with him. This guy's gonna be a first team regular. Sublime cross for the first, defensively sound, and always a threat going forward. So glad we got him rather than that muppet Neill, just goes to show second choice can be best sometimes.

Gonzalez (6) - Same as the rest of the season, great in patches, but overall not a quality performance. I really think Rafa did the wrong thing talking him up so much before he arrived. Not jumping on the 'get rid of him' bandwagon, as I think he will improve vastly, he is showing glimpses of what he can do, but not there yet. Brilliant first time cross in the first half though.

Alonso (5) - Went missing for most of the game. I commented to my mate on thirty odd minutes that it was the first time I'd heard a commentator mention his name. Definately one of his worse games.

Mascherano (9) - What a difference a new club can make! I was encouraged by is debut, but this was a spectacular performance. Much as Alonso wasn't mentioned, Mascherano was involved in near enough every build up. Excellent performance, great tackling, great passing, very encouraged for the future.

Pennant (7) - Another player who stepped up to the mark today. Back heel for the first - Absolutely magnificent. This lad is starting to look better & better, he put in a couple of lovely crosses today, definately looked like he had a point to prove after being left out of the England squad, and who better to do it against?

Gerrard (6) - Looked jaded, after his performance against Andorra, who can blame him? Should have probably buried the only decent chance he had, probably didn't realise that a touch would've completely wrong footed Gallas.

Crouch (10) - What can I say? Whenever you doubt Crouchinho, he's there to prove you wrong. The perfect hatrick, one with his left, right & head. The first & third were brilliant, but the second was probably the most important for him, considering the stick he's had over his aerial ability. F#ck knows what treatment they gave you Crouchy, but it seems to have strengthened your neck muscles.

I think you should give reina more better rating there mate, he did infact did a stunning save to deny adebayor's header! Aurelio should be a 9 because he was brilliant! and he was acting like fullback and a winger! should have scored himself in the end.

I would give Alonso a 6, missing in the first half and his passes were poor, but in the 2nd half he looked much better and held up the ball and tackled.

I agree with the others
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lucky » Sun Apr 01, 2007 11:16 am

Great game and I am really really happy about it! To be frankly, I had never thought that we could score so early and win so easily over Arsenal. But we did! Perfect performance of Crouch! :D
I had a non-football fan friend to watch the game with me yesterday. Thanks to couch's fantastic goals and the pleasant 4-0 win, she made a conclusion that LFC is a very strong team. :D  Then we ate a delicious pineapple to celebrate.  :laugh:
A little concern for our captain, though. He looked tired. We need him in CL. Hopefully he will get refreshed then.
Come on, reds! :laugh:
"We've got a great team spirit - It doesn't matter how many goals we go down, we'll keep fighting till the end." - Steven Gerrard
Lucky

Postby Igor Zidane » Sun Apr 01, 2007 11:19 am

It was 4-1 mate, hope you enjoyed your pineapple to celebrate.  :D
UP THE PURPS !!!
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Manhattan Project » Sun Apr 01, 2007 11:21 am

They should eat pineapples after they win Formula One races.

It makes sense doesn't it?

Pineapples and racing cars? You know?

Well...it makes sense to Manhattan anyway.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Sun Apr 01, 2007 11:23 am

Then we ate a delicious pineapple to celebrate. 

PMSL :laugh:  I really hope you enjoyed your pineapple mate (no sarcasm) thats such a random thing to say. :D
Last edited by 66-1112520797 on Sun Apr 01, 2007 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
66-1112520797

Postby Igor Zidane » Sun Apr 01, 2007 11:23 am

Manhattan is definatly on another planet. :D
UP THE PURPS !!!
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lucky » Sun Apr 01, 2007 11:26 am

Thanks for your corrction, it was a 4-1.:D  Just indulged myself too much in the victory that I forgot that they also scored! :laugh:
"We've got a great team spirit - It doesn't matter how many goals we go down, we'll keep fighting till the end." - Steven Gerrard
Lucky

Postby Igor Zidane » Sun Apr 01, 2007 11:26 am

Bamaga man wrote:

PMSL :laugh:  I really hoped you enjoyed your pineapple mate (no sarcasm) thats such a random thing to say. :D

ffs i'd love to know what he'd eat if we won the champions league again.
Grapefruit anyone :D
UP THE PURPS !!!
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Sun Apr 01, 2007 11:29 am

Lucky wrote:Thanks for your corrction, it was a 4-1.:D  Just indulged myself too much in the victory that I forgot that they also scored! :laugh:

You've gotta watch yourself there mate , over indulgence of pineapples can be lethal. :D
UP THE PURPS !!!
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lucky » Sun Apr 01, 2007 11:29 am

Bamaga man wrote:

PMSL :laugh:  I really hope you enjoyed your pineapple mate (no sarcasm) thats such a random thing to say. :D

Sorry, guys. It seemed that eating pineapple has another meaning to you. What is it? I didn't get it.
Lucky

Postby 66-1112520797 » Sun Apr 01, 2007 11:30 am

Lucky wrote:Thanks for your corrction, it was a 4-1.:D  Just indulged myself too much in the victory that I forgot that they also scored! :laugh:

:D

66-1112520797

Postby Lucky » Sun Apr 01, 2007 11:32 am

what's wrong with eating pineapple? :(
Lucky

Postby 66-1112520797 » Sun Apr 01, 2007 11:32 am

Lucky wrote:
Bamaga man wrote:

Sorry, guys. It seemed that eating pineapple has another meaning to you. What is it? I didn't get it.

Nah mate it doesn t have another meaning (or one that I know of) but I'd hazard a good guess your not in England right now ?
66-1112520797

Postby Igor Zidane » Sun Apr 01, 2007 11:33 am

Lucky wrote:
Bamaga man wrote:

No mate were only playing , eating pineapples is good. :;):
UP THE PURPS !!!
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion