ARSENAL VS LIVERPOOL

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby weringo » Wed Nov 08, 2006 11:52 pm

Last year we went to their place and played well and almost got a result, if stevie hadnt put it on a plate for Henry to slot it into our net. This year though Arsenal have dont look so assured at home and have only collected 1 point in their last two games.

It looks as if Sissoko is out for this game which leaves us with a midfield dilemma. Pennant has been very poor ever since he came and I dont suspect he will suddenly produce a match winning display even against his old club. Im sure I will get slated for saying this and I have been critisizing him all season long but maybe Zenden could come in for cover for Sissoko as he has played decent the last couple of games he's been involved in. On the left I would like to see Gonzales start, Garcia is usually poor in away matches especially against the mancs.

Up front Crouch and Kuyt will surely start as their partnership is flourishing and Fowler can come off the bench if hes needed. Bellamy has just been poor and needs some confidence, not a time to be playing him in an important game.

My team:

Reina

Finnan        Carra      Hyypia       Riise

Gerrard       Alonso    Zenden      Gonzales

Kuyt       Crouch
weringo
LFC Super Member

Postby peterc1992 » Wed Nov 08, 2006 11:58 pm

reina
finnan agger carra riise

gerrard alonso zenden garcia

kuyt     crouch

with agger playin well we dont need hyypia on sunday because :lol agger is playing well and arsenal will play through the centre and  he(hyypia) will not be needed for his heading+we need our centre backs to be quick against the likes of henry and the quick moving football of arsenal

leave hyypia out
emlyn hughes:"liverpool are magic,everton are tragic"
peterc1992
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Thu Nov 09, 2006 12:00 am

phew!  Grammar is your friend....

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby account deleted by request » Thu Nov 09, 2006 12:01 am

red37 wrote:phew!  Grammar is your friend....

:D
account deleted by request

Postby Hebz » Thu Nov 09, 2006 12:03 am

I dunno tbh, you can't just leave Hyypia out. He's a really good defender, and I think he'll be quite essential for the game on Sunday.

Reina

Finnan    Carra    Hyypia    Riise

Alonso   Zenden

Gerrard                          Garcia

Kuyt            Crouch
Hebz

Postby Leonmc0708 » Thu Nov 09, 2006 12:25 am

weringo wrote:Last year we went to their place and played well and almost got a result, if stevie hadnt put it on a plate for Henry to slot it into our net. This year though Arsenal have dont look so assured at home and have only collected 1 point in their last two games.

It looks as if Sissoko is out for this game which leaves us with a midfield dilemma. Pennant has been very poor ever since he came and I dont suspect he will suddenly produce a match winning display even against his old club. Im sure I will get slated for saying this and I have been critisizing him all season long but maybe Zenden could come in for cover for Sissoko as he has played decent the last couple of games he's been involved in. On the left I would like to see Gonzales start, Garcia is usually poor in away matches especially against the mancs.

Up front Crouch and Kuyt will surely start as their partnership is flourishing and Fowler can come off the bench if hes needed. Bellamy has just been poor and needs some confidence, not a time to be playing him in an important game.

My team:

Reina

Kuyt       Crouch

Some dilema that like, I dont know how we will cope with just the best English midfielder and best Spanish midfielder in the middle.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby peterc1992 » Thu Nov 09, 2006 12:31 am

red37 wrote:phew!  Grammar is your friend....

what?
emlyn hughes:"liverpool are magic,everton are tragic"
peterc1992
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Thu Nov 09, 2006 12:34 am

.....pardon  :D

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby weringo » Thu Nov 09, 2006 12:46 am

Leonmc0708 wrote:
weringo wrote:Last year we went to their place and played well and almost got a result, if stevie hadnt put it on a plate for Henry to slot it into our net. This year though Arsenal have dont look so assured at home and have only collected 1 point in their last two games.

My team:

Reina

Kuyt       Crouch

Some dilema that like, I dont know how we will cope with just the best English midfielder and best Spanish midfielder in the middle.

Ok Leon you have clearly taken some offence to the things i said the other day, for that I appologise. In my post I did not say a centre of midfield dilemma, I said the whole of midfield. What I was refering to was whether or not to drop Pennant because he has been useless and play Gerrard out wide right or to stick Pennant on the wing with Gerrard in the middle
weringo
LFC Super Member

Postby el_stinger » Thu Nov 09, 2006 3:35 am

The winner of this game will get so much confidence, and will have an awesome run for the rest of the campaign.

Even with Momo out for a while, it's hard to see Arsenal coming close. They are playing the way we did at the start of the season. Dominating teams, without putting it on the scoreboard. Especially against harder opposition.

A fifty at 4.00 to 1, sees Liverpool winning at Emirates and severely denting the title aspirations of the Goobers. I got my beting slip, I'm putting my $ where my mouth is. I jut got a good feeling about this game. We are due a major scalp.

I just want to see Wenger get furious again, fkucking sore loser!!
Last edited by el_stinger on Thu Nov 09, 2006 3:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
el_stinger
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Thu Nov 09, 2006 7:01 am

I'm very interested in this one, win and I think our season is well and truly up and running, lose and it will be a real test of character for the lads throughout the remainder of the season. A result here could inspire us into lofty heights come May, so for me this is a CRUNCH fixture and one that should have good football on display.

The big loss is Momo of course, his energy would of been much needed in a fixture like this and what he offers in the way of 'ball winning' is second to none. But hey as someone else said we have Englands best midfield coupled along with Spains, to produce the goods on Sunday. Gerrard if he starts in the middle may have to be a little more disciplined and aware of whats coming the other way, but its a job he should relish as that was what made him the star he is today.
I'd go for Pennant on the wing he may be inspired to produce a match winning display against his old team, and if I we're Rafa I'd quietly remind him how he was'nt deemed good enough by Wenger, just to put some more fire in his belly, or plain old Sh!tstirring as the case maybe. And on the other wing I'd pick Riise or Aurelio on the other, and leave Garcia as sub as he tends to proove his worse side of an enigma when we're away from home and I dont think passengers are needed in this type of game. Having said that I can see Rafa playing him behind Kuyt on Sunday though.
My only dilema would be, who to pick out of Sami and Danny. I'd just opt for Agger as his pace and passing ability would be a major bonus in this one.

Here's my line up

Reina

Finnan    Caragher   Agger   Riise

Pennant   Gerrard   Alonso   Aurelio

Crouch   Kuyt
66-1112520797

Postby floppo » Thu Nov 09, 2006 8:51 am

I would go for Reina, Finnan, Agger, Carra & Riise.

Gerrard on the right, Zenden & Alonso, Gonzalez on the left.

Crouch & Kuyt up top.

Agger's pace is needed against Arsenal's quick, mobile front players. Gerrard on the right because Pennant just isn't playing well enough there and there only other option is Garcia - don't think he's the right option though.

No question about the two up front, they are the form players and are forming a good partnership, so should continue.

C'mon Reds!  :D
floppo

Postby tubby » Thu Nov 09, 2006 9:52 am

I think it all depends on how we start the game. Arsenal are very capable to picking apart any team with their style of play but there downfall can be put to the inexperience in young players plus Henry has been hot and cold this season.

I think its going to be a tight game decided by 1 or 2 goals so we cant afford any slip ups. Would be nice to see Pennant go back to his old club and show them what they missed out on.

Other teams have shown how to make life difficult for them and im sure Rafa has been studying those tapes for weeks leading up to this game.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Thu Nov 09, 2006 10:17 am

Yeah whats all this putting Zenden in the middle against the Arseholes? Yeah he played well against Reading but he was pretty much anonymous last night for the entire second half.

Play Gerrard in the middle with Alonso, put Pennant on the wing. Garcia on the left with Crouch and Kuyt up front. Bellamy's performance last night must of made Rafas mind up regarding Sunday.

Reina

Finnan     Carragher     Agger     Riise

Pennant     Gerrard     Alonso     Garcia

Crouch     Kuyt

Subs: Dudek, Bellamy, Fowler, Warnock, Zenden
Last edited by SouthCoastShankly on Thu Nov 09, 2006 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redman in wales » Thu Nov 09, 2006 10:54 am

Mmmmm. With Momo out it does dissrupt the perfect midfield of
Gerrard, momo, xabi, Garcia.

For me, there are Three main options:

either :  Pennant-Gerrard-xabi-Garcia.
or      :   Garcia-Gerrard-xabi-Gonzalez.
or      :  Pennant-Gerrard-xabi-Gonzalez.

But I would definately keep Gerrard/alonso in the centre of midfield (sorry zenden)

The other dilema is who to pair with Carra - Sami, the rock-solid dependable mainstay of our defence, or agger, who has more pace and fitness to counter arsenals speed in attack.

Personally I would have to go with:

Reina

Finnan     Carragher     Hyypia     Riise

Pennant   Gerrard     Alonso     Garcia

Crouch     Kuyt

Subs: Dudek, Agger, Zenden, Gonzalez, Fowler/Bellamy
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion