ARSENAL VS LIVERPOOL - Sun 21/12/08 4pm

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby sandokan » Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:31 pm

Ciggy wrote:
sandokan wrote:why bosnian nomark,why?

Does the truth hurt?

I was in Bosnia few times. People live there different kind of life,they are not happy,they have big problems,no jobs,no money, war is very possible thing... But they love their country and they are proud,so I think it was pretty insulting for the lad.
sandokan

Postby sandokan » Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:32 pm

now i want to concentrate on footie???
sandokan

Postby Ciggy » Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:32 pm

sandokan wrote:I was in Bosnia few times.

Congratulations.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedBen » Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:40 pm

JoeTerp wrote:
RedBen wrote:The commentator said that El Zhar was French :D

thats where he was born and lived most of his life.

I know, but that doesn't matter really, does it?
You don't hear them say Hargreaves the Canadian or the German
RedBen
LFC Super Member

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:41 pm

I thought we played pretty well up until Adebayor got sent off. The sending off seemed to galvanise Arsenal, they felt hard done by and it showed in the way they all started giving that much extra.

Our players didn’t respond to this and the subs made little impact. It’s the sort of situation where Mascherano would have been interesting, I’m sure he would have given it back and fought our corner.

Regardless of whoever is to blame, Rafa, Lee or the players, we didn’t do enough to win the game after the sending off. A second striker alongside Keane was what we needed, not the predictable Babel for Riera change.

7 out of 9 points in the first round of games against the big three is not a bad return.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Effes » Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:47 pm

I thought we should have gone 4-4-2 when Adebayor got sent off.
Having 2 upfront would have put them on the back foot.

But you can't argue with a draw away to Arsenal I suppose.
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby burjennio » Mon Dec 22, 2008 1:12 pm

best team from start to end - had the chances to win the game but didnt take them. kuyt was appauling first half but inproved, have no idea why some are slating lucas thought he had a very good match, stayed composed and kept it simple. Robbie Keane took his goal wonderfully but Carra and Agger defended poorly for Arsenals opener (how much space did Van Persie have between the two of them?) so lets hope the bitters pull one out of the bag tonight and my industrial sized hangover runs its course.

:down:
burjennio

Postby supersub » Mon Dec 22, 2008 1:23 pm

Fo Dne wrote:I suggest this idiot is banned. Anyone trying to play the race card (meaning calling someone a racist when there is no reason to) should be thrown off these boards.

perhaps you could suggest we should send a big black ex con round to his house to :censored: rape him daily.  :(

you not being a racist bigot and all.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby Judge » Mon Dec 22, 2008 1:35 pm

i detect alot of animosity in this thread
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby HacksawJimDuggin » Mon Dec 22, 2008 2:02 pm

Effes wrote:I thought we should have gone 4-4-2 when Adebayor got sent off.
Having 2 upfront would have put them on the back foot.

But you can't argue with a draw away to Arsenal I suppose.

Absolutely spot on.

Thought the game was pretty rubbish to be honest and it's another 2 points dropped IMO.

I don't think we're getting enough out of Stevie G at the moment. That being said his "partner in crime" (Torres) will be back very soon so then we will hopefully see the best of him!!
HacksawJimDuggin
LFC Super Member

Postby DanAn » Mon Dec 22, 2008 2:04 pm

burjennio wrote:best team from start to end - had the chances to win the game but didnt take them. kuyt was appauling first half but inproved, have no idea why some are slating lucas thought he had a very good match, stayed composed and kept it simple. Robbie Keane took his goal wonderfully but Carra and Agger defended poorly for Arsenals opener (how much space did Van Persie have between the two of them?) so lets hope the bitters pull one out of the bag tonight and my industrial sized hangover runs its course.

:down:

Agreed and I think that it is worth noting that we have looked the better team in every single game this year (that I can think of). Doesn't we have just struggled to put the nail in the coffin.

In that patch just before half time we compeltely owned Arsenal, I reckon we would have scored 3+ goals if it was us with Adebayor up front.
DanAn

Postby Madmax » Mon Dec 22, 2008 4:59 pm

We really should have won this one. mixed feelings over the result. 1-1 is not that bad though. Stevie really should have scored and put us 2-1 ahead. After addy send of we were poor for about 10 mins or so. Towards the end we looked like we were after the win but it didnt end so. Really glad keane got a goal and what a goal it was. Must move on now and hope everton hold chelsea atleast. Next up bolton at home. Must put and end to our draws and beat them with a good performance. Not long to go for el nino to come back. next years looks promising.
Madmax
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Alex G. » Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:58 pm

Good result for us, Chelsea drew 0-0 at Goodisson tonight and Terry sent off. We´re still top of league one more week.
Alex G.
LFC Super Member

Postby Madmax » Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:02 pm

Alex G. wrote:Good result for us, Chelsea drew at Goodisson tonight and Terry sent off. We´re still top of league one more week.

yeah i just seen it awel. good for us.. let hope we could beat bolton and stay top of the table come next year. Chelsea are dropping points alot these days. same as us i guess but was not expected from chelsea.
Madmax
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby HacksawJimDuggin » Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:04 pm

Alex G. wrote:Good result for us, Chelsea drew at Goodisson tonight and Terry sent off. We´re still top of league one more week.

Sounds like Everton deserved more than a point tonight.

Chelsea will be without Terry for the next 3 games. With Carvalho missing as well they will really struggle at the back.

Add that to Arsenal missing Fabregas and Adebayor + Man Utd (hopefully) jetlagged from their travels and we have a great chance to kick on over the festive period. We've pretty much a fully fit squad and Torres coming back hopefully this week. I think the Xmas period could well decide the league.
HacksawJimDuggin
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion