Liverpool spending under rafa - To prove a point !

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby fivecups » Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:36 pm

aCe' wrote:
s@int wrote:
fivecups wrote:Ace it's hard to put credibility in your figures when you won't even tell us where you got them from.

Flight made some valid points as he did in Bad Bob's money thread which Bav has mentioned, you didn't respond to them apart from calling him a newbie and I've told you the correct transfer fee for Torres.

Fact - we are still paying for the clauses in Torres transfer. We pay £150k for every 15 goals Torres scores for example. If all the clauses become payable on Torres transfer we will actually pay £27.5million

no saint.. havent you heard.. we only paid 15mill for Torres mate no need to get all silly with facts now  :laugh:

Can you tell me where you got these figures from?
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:37 pm

fivecups wrote:
aCe' wrote:
s@int wrote:
fivecups wrote:Ace it's hard to put credibility in your figures when you won't even tell us where you got them from.

Flight made some valid points as he did in Bad Bob's money thread which Bav has mentioned, you didn't respond to them apart from calling him a newbie and I've told you the correct transfer fee for Torres.

Fact - we are still paying for the clauses in Torres transfer. We pay £150k for every 15 goals Torres scores for example. If all the clauses become payable on Torres transfer we will actually pay £27.5million

no saint.. havent you heard.. we only paid 15mill for Torres mate no need to get all silly with facts now  :laugh:

its up there in the thread opener mate i told you...
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:38 pm

Greavesie wrote:
bavlondon wrote:
Greavesie wrote:what exactly is the point here?

That Rafa is the gaffer and if anyone has a bad word to say about them can go fu.ck themselves.  :D

I dont get the point in creating a thread that says Rafa has spent more. I really dont see the point. Is this a sack Rafa thread in disguise or summit?  :D

Anyway figures can tell you what they want to tell you, we all know that. Anyway Man Us net spending will be next to zero now (after Ronaldo) won't it? It doesn't tell the full picture.

I read somewhere that Man U's starting eleven costs an average of £6m per player more than ours, dont know if its from a reliable source thos cos I barely remember reading it tbh  :D

wheres Owzat when you need him?

There was a thread 'how much have we really spent?'. It was basically this thread but bigger. We should have just bumped that as every season someone tries to be a smart alec and just throw this argument out there. (wasnt directly saying that to you either ace, just in general)
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:38 pm

bavlondon wrote:
s@int wrote:
bavlondon wrote:

Ignore the facts, just say that Rafa is the gaffer and if anyone has a bad word to say about them can go fu.ck themselves.  :D

I have corrected it for you Bav  :D

:D

Same thing I just asked aCe I put to you...re the youth coming through..... That is a FACT so cannot be ignored, even by you!!!!!!  :p

which thread is that ?! ... we've signed about 500 youngsters in the last 3 days so im not sure where i should start looking  :D
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:40 pm

aCe' wrote:
bavlondon wrote:
s@int wrote:
bavlondon wrote:

Ignore the facts, just say that Rafa is the gaffer and if anyone has a bad word to say about them can go fu.ck themselves.  :D

I have corrected it for you Bav  :D

:D

Same thing I just asked aCe I put to you...re the youth coming through..... That is a FACT so cannot be ignored, even by you!!!!!!  :p

which thread is that ?! ... we've signed about 500 youngsters in the last 3 days so im not sure where i should start looking  :D

On the 2nd page of this one mate. Just below Saints post on the continuing clause on the Torres deal.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:40 pm

bavlondon wrote:
Greavesie wrote:
bavlondon wrote:

That Rafa is the gaffer and if anyone has a bad word to say about them can go fu.ck themselves.  :D

I dont get the point in creating a thread that says Rafa has spent more. I really dont see the point. Is this a sack Rafa thread in disguise or summit?  :D

Anyway figures can tell you what they want to tell you, we all know that. Anyway Man Us net spending will be next to zero now (after Ronaldo) won't it? It doesn't tell the full picture.

I read somewhere that Man U's starting eleven costs an average of £6m per player more than ours, dont know if its from a reliable source thos cos I barely remember reading it tbh  :D

wheres Owzat when you need him?

There was a thread 'how much have we really spent?'. It was basically this thread but bigger. We should have just bumped that as every season someone tries to be a smart alec and just throw this argument out there. (wasnt directly saying that to you either ace, just in general)

that thread was just ruined by people posting incomplete dealings and stuff like that... not to mention arguments about the manager and all sorts of stuff that i was hoping to keep out of this thread...

hopefully this one can be edited whenever new deals are made and this way we can have a thread we can come back to to settle the money talk beyond dispute.....
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:41 pm

fivecups wrote:
aCe' wrote:
s@int wrote:

Fernando Torres's goal-scoring hits Liverpool FC in the pocket
Feb 3 2008

FERNANDO TORRES' goalscoring streak this season is set to hit Liverpool where it hurts - the wallet.

The Anfield club has to pay Atletico Madrid an extra £150,000 for every 15 goals Torres scores.

Atletico negotiated the clause in his contract on top of the £21million fee when he came to Merseyside in the summer.

Torres, who has scored 18 goals since arriving in Liverpool, has already triggered one bonus payment to Atletico.

Torres said: "I'm keeping everyone happy! Liverpool get the goals and Atletico get the money.

"I honestly did not think I would score as many goals as I have so soon. But things have gone well for me.

"Now I just want them to go better for the team in general so we can win the league or a cup to reward everyone's hard work."
daily post
account deleted by request

Postby Flight » Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:42 pm

aCe' wrote:Torres deal edited but oh fck we still spent more than they did..... who should we change next ?

There are so many inaccuracies it's hard to know where to start.

For one thing, the people saying Garcia was included as part of the deal are wrong. The Garcia transfer happened (off the top of my head) a couple of weeks later; certainly not at the same time.

Diarra, Nunez, Paletta, Anderson, Cheyrou, Whitbread  are either missing off the list or have no fee next to them.

The title of the topic is 'Spending Under Rafa'. So we can note that the £14mill on Cisse was not part of his spend, but signed and agreed before he got here.

Now, even if you change all of those things, that site is farcical and no place to work form. As I and other have suggested, www lfctransfers or www lfchistory net are far more accurate.

You could go from their figures, bet then that's what Thomkins did in the article quoted earlier in your thread.

BTW, you laughingly refer to Thomkins as talking out of his :censored:, then use that BS site you've quoted in your OP as an authorative source, which, I quote from you, is supposedly :

"As i said, this is about as unbiased and accurate as you'll find... hopefully it'll put all the nonsense about spending to bed..."

Given that statement, I can't take you serious in any way.
Last edited by Flight on Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Flight

Postby tubby » Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:43 pm

To be honest by that point we had all but got him so I doubt we were going to cancel a deal for a player of his calibre but can you blame them? Anyway for me that fee was a bargain anyway. The guy is world class and if we were to try and buy him in todays market we could not afford it.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Flight » Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:46 pm

Now if we are also going to include add ons, surely we should be doing that with the other clubs too ?  Given the size of their transfer fees and the wages they offer, I am certain other clubs pay much more in add ons than we do.

On top of that is wages. If we are judging a managers expenditure then wages are an essential part of the comparison.

For this we have an undisputable source - Deloitte and Touche produce their annual football report, which details exactly, to the penny, how much each slub spends in wages.

Haven't got them to hand just now, but (off the top of my head and can spend time getting exact figures if people want it) even Arsenal have spent approx £80mill in wages more than we have alone, just since Rafa has been here.

Chelsea spend £50mill a year !!!! more in wages than we do. Feck knows how much the add ons cost to their transfers, but it will be in line with their wages.

The Mancs spend approx £25mill a year more than us in wages.
Last edited by Flight on Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Flight

Postby fivecups » Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:48 pm

s@int wrote:
fivecups wrote:
aCe' wrote:
s@int wrote:

Fernando Torres's goal-scoring hits Liverpool FC in the pocket
Feb 3 2008

FERNANDO TORRES' goalscoring streak this season is set to hit Liverpool where it hurts - the wallet.

The Anfield club has to pay Atletico Madrid an extra £150,000 for every 15 goals Torres scores.

Atletico negotiated the clause in his contract on top of the £21million fee when he came to Merseyside in the summer.

Torres, who has scored 18 goals since arriving in Liverpool, has already triggered one bonus payment to Atletico.

Torres said: "I'm keeping everyone happy! Liverpool get the goals and Atletico get the money.

"I honestly did not think I would score as many goals as I have so soon. But things have gone well for me.

"Now I just want them to go better for the team in general so we can win the league or a cup to reward everyone's hard work."
daily post

Cheers for that. I meant Ace's OP and didn't see he'd edited it. Hangover.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:48 pm

Flight wrote:
aCe' wrote:Torres deal edited but oh fck we still spent more than they did..... who should we change next ?

There are so many inaccuracies it's hard to know where to start.

For one thing, the people saying Garcia was included as part of the deal are wrong. The Garcia transfer happened (off the top of my head) a couple of weeks later; certainly not at the same time.

Diarra, Nunez, Paletta, Anderson, Cheyrou, Whitbread  are either missing off the list or have no fee next to them.

The title of the topic is 'Spending Under Rafa'. So we can note that the £14mill on Cisse was not part of his spend, but signed and agreed before he got here.

Now, even if you change all of those things, that site is farcical and no place to work form. As I and other have suggested, www lfctransfers or www lfchistory net are far more accurate.

You could go from their figures, bet then that's what Thomkins did in the article quoted earlier in your thread.

BTW, you laughingly refer to Thomkins as talking out of his :censored:, then use that BS site you've quoted in your OP as an authorative source, which, I quote from you, is supposedly :

"As i said, this is about as unbiased and accurate as you'll find... hopefully it'll put all the nonsense about spending to bed..."

Given that statement, I can't take you serious in any way.

why im even bothering replying is beyond me but anyways...

how can i make this clear so even YOU would understand it...

when a transfer fee is undisclosed, what do you want me to put up there ?! make up a number so that it fits nicely in your little dreamworld ?! sorry but i wont.... you wanna go look up the deal in you lfctransfers website and come back to me with the figures go right ahead... find them and then we'll talk about changing that...

the 14mill player was signed when Rafa was here.... dont care who wanted him.... what next ? remove Robbie Keane from the list too because fcking Parry wanted him  :angry:  and not Rafa ?! get real !

i like that site and i think their figures are cool... now if you dont like what you read then heres a cool suggestion for ya... DONT !

:idea
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby fivecups » Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:52 pm

Flight wrote:Now if we are also going to include add ons, surely we should be doing that with the other clubs too ?  Given the size of their transfer fees and the wages they offer, I am certain other clubs pay much more in add ons than we do.

On top of that is wages. If we are judging a managers expenditure then wages are an essential part of the comparison.

For this we have an undisputable source - Deloitte and Touche produce their annual football report, which details exactly, to the penny, how much each slub spends in wages.

Haven't got them to hand just now, but (off the top of my head and can spend time getting exact figures if people want it) even Arsenal have spent approx £80mill in wages alone just since Rafa has been here, than we have.

Chelsea spend £50mill a year !!!! more in wages than we do. Feck knows how much the add ons cost to their transfers, but it will be in line with their wages.

The Mancs spend approx £25mill a year more than us in wages.

I think it would be almost impossible to get an accurate comparison of club transfer spending plus add-ons reached although it would be interesting to see.

I've read the Deloitte report it really shows how much smaller our overall turnover is than Uniteds. I think it divides income into gates, tv income and commercial income as well players wages.

I think the link is in the thread Bav mentioned.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:53 pm

He was signed in Rafa's presence but it was never initiated by Rafa so it can't be counted.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:53 pm

now Bav.. about your youth thing.. i agree..

but still... we've spent way too much on squad players who didnt really improve us that much.... my point was always this..we always lacked continuity.. we had good players at different stages that we chose to sell when it was perhaps better if we had kept hold of them.... im sure many other clubs have done the same, but still...

anyways this thread isnt about that but anyways... i agree with the fact that ManUtd had something of a head start on us given all the talent they had coming through at earlier stages but lets not forget we ALSO had a good squad with some top players at the time... the fact that we couldnt build on our success whatever it was at different stages is frustrating as fck !
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion