Liverpool spending under rafa - To prove a point !

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby aCe' » Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:21 pm

Torres deal edited but oh fck we still spent more than they did..... who should we change next ?
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:23 pm

aCe' wrote:Torres deal edited but oh fck we still spent more than they did..... who should we change next ?

Ok assuming we did what is the point you are trying to make?
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:23 pm

bavlondon wrote:
aCe' wrote:
s@int wrote:You are wasting your time Ace'

We finished second in the league and ABOVE the mancs 2 years before Rafa arrived. We won the CL in Rafa's first season while the mancs won NOTHING. We won the FA CUP the following year while the mancs had to make do with the Milk cup.Yet our players were cr@p and theirs were all world stars?

If people want to live in cloud cuckoo land were Rafa has only spent 6 quid since he came while the mancs have spent £80million on Ronaldo let them mate. It makes them happy so why worry.

certainly seems so mate but anyways...

funny how they go on about the figures being wrong without actually bothering to point out where....

THEY ARE JUST WRONG FFS ! THEY CANT BE RIGHT !   :down:

eh anyways.....

Well for starters the Torres figure is wrong. It was banded around as 26.whatever mil but that was before Garcia went the other way so in the end it was 20.something mill.

thats exactly what i was saying mate.... 26mill without Garcia.... now we have garcia up there SOLD for 4 mill + Torres bought for 20.5 mill ... so essentially we bought Torres for 16 mill or whatever...

if thats what you lot think it was then fair enough... thats how i have it up there now....

:kungfu:
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:25 pm

bavlondon wrote:
aCe' wrote:Torres deal edited but oh fck we still spent more than they did..... who should we change next ?

Ok assuming we did what is the point you are trying to make?

this IS the point im trying to make... keep up fella  :D

Igor i think was saying we spent nowhere near what the Mancs did since Rafa took over... and some agreed with him while other didnt.. this is just to clear things up once and for all.... hopefully ...

doesnt seem to be working though  :laugh:
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:26 pm

fivecups wrote:Ace it's hard to put credibility in your figures when you won't even tell us where you got them from.

Flight made some valid points as he did in Bad Bob's money thread which Bav has mentioned, you didn't respond to them apart from calling him a newbie and I've told you the correct transfer fee for Torres.

Fact - we are still paying for the clauses in Torres transfer. We pay £150k for every 15 goals Torres scores for example. If all the clauses become payable on Torres transfer we will actually pay £27.5million.

Similarly we actually paid over £14million for Alonso. (Just ask our resident Alonso expert)
Last edited by account deleted by request on Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
account deleted by request

Postby tubby » Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:27 pm

aCe' wrote:
bavlondon wrote:
aCe' wrote:
s@int wrote:You are wasting your time Ace'

We finished second in the league and ABOVE the mancs 2 years before Rafa arrived. We won the CL in Rafa's first season while the mancs won NOTHING. We won the FA CUP the following year while the mancs had to make do with the Milk cup.Yet our players were cr@p and theirs were all world stars?

If people want to live in cloud cuckoo land were Rafa has only spent 6 quid since he came while the mancs have spent £80million on Ronaldo let them mate. It makes them happy so why worry.

certainly seems so mate but anyways...

funny how they go on about the figures being wrong without actually bothering to point out where....

THEY ARE JUST WRONG FFS ! THEY CANT BE RIGHT !   :down:

eh anyways.....

Well for starters the Torres figure is wrong. It was banded around as 26.whatever mil but that was before Garcia went the other way so in the end it was 20.something mill.

thats exactly what i was saying mate.... 26mill without Garcia.... now we have garcia up there SOLD for 4 mill + Torres bought for 20.5 mill ... so essentially we bought Torres for 16 mill or whatever...

if thats what you lot think it was then fair enough... thats how i have it up there now....

:kungfu:

we are getting there slowly but surley.... :D

The reason why we have had to spend more than utd is because Utd brought through 6 or 7 players (all the inbreds, ginger ect...) and so from that he only had to buy a few players here and there. And for those few players he was able to look at top quality only.

Rafa has not yet been able to bring through a handful of top players that can break into the first team so instead he has to spread the money across the squad and hope for the best. Why hasnt he been able to bring through these players? Well it takes time. It took Fergie 5 years just to bring 1 through - Giggs. If you give Rafa the same time as Fergie did to bring through all of them it will be in another 2 years still so I reckon by that point if Rafa does Utd may well have spent more than us (assuming they don't bring through another batch ect....).

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:28 pm

what exactly is the point here?
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby aCe' » Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:28 pm

s@int wrote:
fivecups wrote:Ace it's hard to put credibility in your figures when you won't even tell us where you got them from.

Flight made some valid points as he did in Bad Bob's money thread which Bav has mentioned, you didn't respond to them apart from calling him a newbie and I've told you the correct transfer fee for Torres.

Fact - we are still paying for the clauses in Torres transfer. We pay £150k for every 15 goals Torres scores for example. If all the clauses become payable on Torres transfer we will actually pay £27.5million

no saint.. havent you heard.. we only paid 15mill for Torres mate no need to get all silly with facts now  :laugh:
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:29 pm

Greavesie wrote:what exactly is the point here?

That Rafa is the gaffer and if anyone has a bad word to say about them can go fu.ck themselves.  :D

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:31 pm

bavlondon wrote:

That Rafa is the gaffer and if anyone has a bad word to say about them can go fu.ck themselves.  :D

the newkit theme song  :wwww
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:34 pm

aCe' wrote:
bavlondon wrote:

the newkit theme song  :wwww

:cool:

Not sure if you glanced over my post about the youth coming through but id like some feedback on that. That is one of the biggest reasons Fergie has been able to throw lots of wonga at individual players. Once we get to that point mate we will be laughing. But it takes time and we are no Man City or Chelsea so we have to be prepared for hit and miss.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:34 pm

bavlondon wrote:

Ignore the facts, just say that Rafa is the gaffer and if anyone has a bad word to say about them can go fu.ck themselves.  :D

I have corrected it for you Bav  :D
account deleted by request

Postby aCe' » Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:35 pm

s@int wrote:
bavlondon wrote:

Ignore the facts, just say that Rafa is the gaffer and if anyone has a bad word to say about them can go fu.ck themselves.  :D

:D

which thread is that Bav ?!
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:35 pm

bavlondon wrote:

Anyway figures can tell you what they want to tell you, we all know that. Anyway Man Us net spending will be next to zero now (after Ronaldo) won't it? It doesn't tell the full picture.

I read somewhere that Man U's starting eleven costs an average of £6m per player more than ours, dont know if its from a reliable source thos cos I barely remember reading it tbh  :D

wheres Owzat when you need him?
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby tubby » Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:35 pm

s@int wrote:
bavlondon wrote:

:D

Same thing I just asked aCe I put to you...re the youth coming through..... That is a FACT so cannot be ignored, even by you!!!!!!  :p

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion